Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 4:37 AM
Thank-you so much! These are wonderful (:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 4:53 PM
Yeay!!!!!!
Test Subject
#28 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 10:45 PM
Thank you
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 12:51 PM
I have what is probably a dumb question. If I use custom textures and upload the world will the textures be in the upload? Thanks.
Instructor
#30 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 4:25 PM
Thanks, beautiful!

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Test Subject
#31 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 9:47 PM
Thank you, the paving and rock textures are perfect.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 12:22 AM
Thank you SO much, these are wonderful! Just one quick thing, the default file path for Create-A-World is Program Files/Electronic Arts/etc, not Documents.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#33 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by richdre
I have what is probably a dumb question. If I use custom textures and upload the world will the textures be in the upload? Thanks.

Not a dumb question at all, I haven't tried this yet but I don't think they'll be included. Can someone confirm this?

Quote: Originally posted by jeromycraig
Thank you SO much, these are wonderful! Just one quick thing, the default file path for Create-A-World is Program Files/Electronic Arts/etc, not Documents.

Well actually there's two SourceTextures folders, one in My Docs and one in Program Files. I don't think it matters much where you put them, I have them in My Docs and they work just fine.
Eminence Grise
#34 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 10:02 PM
Hrm. I've been assuming that custom textures WILL be included in the upload (that is, they'll be visible in the world, not available for players to use as terrain paints). I don't know how else you'd provide the textures to users, since I don't believe they're the same as terrain paint (the image can be the same, but specifying something as a custom texture in CAW doesn't make a corresponding Build Mode terrain paint... does it?).
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#35 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 11:52 AM
I do believe they will be included, especially since that kiwi_tea person (hi kiwi!) has shared his neighborhood in progress and I don't recall anyone wailing about it not looking right.

They do NOT automatically create an associated build mode terrain paint though. That you have to do in S3OC but it is -super easy and quick to do-. Like, no real tutorial needed, just use your brain. That's what I did to make the matching in-game terrain paints.

Those paints probably -won't- be included in the sims3pack though, since they're .package files, but easy enough to just include any necessary .package format content separately.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#36 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 4:58 PM
thank you! I'm trying to build a neighborhood to post and these will be a huge help!
Test Subject
#37 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 12:00 AM
This is so awesome but I'm having a bit of a problem. I tried to extract them toMy Documents/Electronic Arts/ CAW/User Tool Data/Source Textures and got this message..."! C:\downloads\games\TS3\MTS_Martine_1043069_CAW_Grass_Textures.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged"

Has anyone else had this problem...or should I download again?

So many games....so little time!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 11:52 AM
kre8tiv1 - Haven't heard this problem from anyone else. Try to redownload, otherwise I'll upload them at Box as a rar for you.
Test Subject
#39 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:32 AM Last edited by water_cat1 : 20th Jan 2010 at 2:25 AM.
Thanks for these. they are awesome.
edit: nevermind, i had to generate mip maps.
Test Subject
#40 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 6:13 PM
I'm having an issue with the WA Grass Low texture... It was working fine until I applied HP's Dark Beachrock on the hill tops. It looks as it should in CAW but when in EIG mode it gets very beige. Looks good when zoomed out but not zoomed in.

I didn't have this problem before i put the rock texture on top, but the rock still shows, it's just the grass that turned beige. Anyone knows why/has encountered this problem?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#41 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 8:38 PM
Hi, I have a question about medium grass texture in the grass pack. When I paint the terrain in caw, it looks great, but when I go into edit-in-game, and edit a lot, it appears to be solid brown. Any ideas why?
thanks
Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by debra1970p
Hi, I have a question about medium grass texture in the grass pack. When I paint the terrain in caw, it looks great, but when I go into edit-in-game, and edit a lot, it appears to be solid brown.

I ran into this problem (same, I believe, as harksar - above - as well), but when using my own textures rather than Martine's, and I think I may have solved the problem. The three times I had it happen, I was using a custom texture for the base layer. Everything looked OK in CAW, but went horrible in EiG with the "solid brown" result reported above.

What seemed to work for me was to use a standard EA/CAW texture for the base layer, then paint it out almost completely with the custom texture I actually wanted as the base layer (I left a bit of EA grass at the bottom of the ocean, just in case some needed to be in use). Then I was able to successfully overlay further custom textures with no further problems.

I've no idea why this worked, or if it'll work for anyone else, but I've had no further problems since adopting this method.

Hope this helps!
Test Subject
#43 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 12:32 PM
jagerjmr: Your method worked great for me. I just painted a small patch of the standard grass in a hidden corner and now everything looks as it should in EIG!

THANK YOU!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 1:27 AM
These r so awesome. Are these usable on resident lots? I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what CAW is... *blush*

*~*t.o.w.a*~*
Test Subject
#45 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 11:12 AM
Thank you, Martine!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 11:55 AM
Sorry for the late reply guys!

harkskar - I think I've had that issue before, and I believe I've also solved it the way jagerjmr did, hope it works ok for you now!

Onewingedangel - Nope, these aren't terrain paints so you can't use them on residential lots. CAW is the Create-A-World too, here's the link.
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 4:12 AM
are these able to be uploaded with the world to the exchange (when they fix it) or just to free sites like here?
Forum Resident
#48 Old 28th Jan 2010 at 6:38 AM
Thank you so much. I have been disappointed with the limited CAW textures and haven't been able to learn how to make my own. I just downloaded them all. Wow, I have so many new toys to play with tomorrow!

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 29th Jan 2010 at 8:52 AM
Thank you

~ Nyn ~
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Feb 2010 at 10:18 AM
For some odd reason when I go to add layer and choose the correct sound, I does nothing for me when I go to paint, I also tried to see the files via add later and I do not even see the files in the folder but, I know they are there , What am I doing wrong?
Page 2 of 7