Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#251 Old 12th May 2019 at 12:47 PM Last edited by kxtjxk : 12th May 2019 at 1:01 PM.
Update: I might have found my The Sims 2 folder. Mine is located for some reason in "~/library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2" and it has all the files/folders in it that are supposed to be in "~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/" (again, "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore" doesn't exist on my Mac) . I'll try creating a Downloads folder now to see if it works since it has all the folders and files there and I'll let you know what happens.

EDIT: It worked. Guess that's it. Sigh. Finally.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#252 Old 14th May 2019 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kxtjxk
Update: I might have found my The Sims 2 folder. Mine is located for some reason in "~/library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2" and it has all the files/folders in it that are supposed to be in "~/library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/" (again, "com.aspyr.sims2.appstore" doesn't exist on my Mac) . I'll try creating a Downloads folder now to see if it works since it has all the folders and files there and I'll let you know what happens.

If you did find The Sims 2 folder, then yeah creating a Downloads folder should work. Glad to hear that it worked.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Test Subject
#253 Old 16th May 2019 at 12:21 AM

Did you get the package installer working? I'm getting the same kerroldapplication error.
Top Secret Researcher
#254 Old 16th May 2019 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yerichae
Did you get the package installer working? I'm getting the same kerroldapplication error.

Two things, make sure to try to use the The Simsâ„¢ 2: Package Installer with several different .Sims2Pack files as The Simsâ„¢ 2: Package Installer will throw an error with any .Sims2Pack file that was made with a game engine newer than Bon Voyage, so make sure that the .Sims2Pack file was made with an older game engine and not a newer one.

Also what Mac OS version are you using? You might want to look at Aspyr's web site to see if others are having an issue with The Simsâ„¢ 2: Package Installer.

Also you might try restarting your Mac and then checking again and you might try redownloading the App.

I suspect that you were trying to unpack a incompatiable .Sims2Pack file, so I would check for that first.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Test Subject
#255 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 7:23 AM

I'm having the same kErrOldApplication problem. But for me I'm also not able to use the Body Shop. Are you able to use the Body Shop?
Test Subject
#256 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 2:49 PM
Hi, so as another User said (which they just got redirected back to the instructions, which are super helpful so thank you!!!) I cannot find the TSData-->Res-->Sims3D folder. I only see the Content folder that has various other folders in it (after right clicking the main location of the application and selecting Show Package Contents). When I look at the detailed instructions, they give me game install instructions, but there is no way to change the install folder for the game, as Mac defaults to /Applications and there are no settings on the Mac Game Store to change the location. I have the Downloads folder in the right location, but it just won't show up and I'm guessing because I don't have CES installed right (I even tried manually adding those folders to the Content folder).
Top Secret Researcher
#257 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aiseruchan
I'm having the same kErrOldApplication problem. But for me I'm also not able to use the Body Shop. Are you able to use the Body Shop?

Not sure why you are getting this error. You might try restarting your Mac. I am able to use Body Shop, I don't use it very much, but it works.

Top Secret Researcher
#258 Old 21st Jul 2019 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Genevieve Peyton
Hi, so as another User said (which they just got redirected back to the instructions, which are super helpful so thank you!!!) I cannot find the TSData-->Res-->Sims3D folder. I only see the Content folder that has various other folders in it (after right clicking the main location of the application and selecting Show Package Contents). When I look at the detailed instructions, they give me game install instructions, but there is no way to change the install folder for the game, as Mac defaults to /Applications and there are no settings on the Mac Game Store to change the location. I have the Downloads folder in the right location, but it just won't show up and I'm guessing because I don't have CES installed right (I even tried manually adding those folders to the Content folder).

What are you trying to do?

First of all the Downloads folder Does not go inside the ~/Applications folder ... inside the App Package. {where you select Show Package Contents}.

The Downloads folder instead goes inside The Sims 2 folder, which is generally located in a hard to find location.

My best advice is to copy the next line:
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/

and then go to the Finder and then click on Go to Folder in the Go menu and paste into the dialog box that comes up.

You now be looking at The Sims 2 folder. {if not you did something wrong most likely}

You now put your Downloads folder inside The Sims 2 folder {or create a new folder in this location}.

Oh and my advice is to drag a copy of The Sims 2 folder to your Dock, this will give you an easy way to find this folder in the future and then you won't have to type that path all of the time. Much handier to have the folder in the Dock!

If you want to Install the CEP try my instructions here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...c,115340.0.html

If you have questions or issues on these two things let me know and I will try to help.

Test Subject
#259 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 12:32 PM
I've downloaded the sims 2 on mac from the mac store, not realising Apartment life and free time comes with the original Sims 2 Collection. now realising this i really want the expansion packs. does anyone know how to download them in the safest way. I've done hours of research maybe iv missed something
Mad Poster
#260 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 1:12 PM
There are no Mac versions of Freetime or Apartment Life. Aspyr's license to port EPs ran out by the time those EPs were released. There was also never a patch released for the Mac version of Bon Voyage.
Top Secret Researcher
#261 Old 30th Apr 2020 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
There are no Mac versions of Freetime or Apartment Life. Aspyr's license to port EPs ran out by the time those EPs were released. There was also never a patch released for the Mac version of Bon Voyage.

@Xander del Great what @RoxEllen1965 wrote is correct except that when Aspyr released The Sims 2 Complete Collection all of the EPs that come with the Mac version have been patched, so Bon Voyage was patched at that point. The Mac App Store version has the latest version of The Sims 2 Complete Collection and it is now a 64 bit App that has been fully patched according to what Aspyr notes on the download page.

This is what is included in Mac edition.
Expansions
•University
•Nightlife
•Open for Business
•Pets
•Seasons
•Bon Voyage

Stuff Packs
•Family Fun Stuff
•Glamour Life Stuff
•Happy Holiday Stuff

Mad Poster
#262 Old 1st May 2020 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
... what RoxEllen1965 wrote is correct except that when Aspyr released The Sims 2 Complete Collection all of the EPs that come with the Mac version have been patched, so Bon Voyage was patched at that point.

Thanks for the clarification. I'd been hearing warnings for a long time about how the Mac version of Bon Voyage had never been patched and anyone using that version needed to get various mods to fix the problems in it. I'm glad to know that this issue was finally fixed.
Top Secret Researcher
#263 Old 2nd May 2020 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Thanks for the clarification. I'd been hearing warnings for a long time about how the Mac version of Bon Voyage had never been patched and anyone using that version needed to get various mods to fix the problems in it. I'm glad to know that this issue was finally fixed.

I do certainly have Mods in my game, would not want to play without them, but I have never had any particular problems with Bon Voyage other than sometimes when I have ended the Vacation and returned to the home lot and I have loaded the lot, everything is fine and things happen as expected except after a few minutes of game time, the taxi comes and takes every one back to their previous Vacation Destination, but it is not playable and you can not get the family to leave and go home. I discovered that I can just go to the Neighborhood and then go back to the family's home lot and they are there and everything is fine and all of the progress was saved. So I just don't worry about the issue.

So except for the one thing that I noted, there does not seem to be any issues, and I don't have any particular mods fixing things, at least nothing in particular.

These are the mods that I have that have something to do with BV: Most of them just fix annoyances and some cheaty ones.
SW-Axe-Throwing-Dont-Make-You-Stinky.package
SW-BV-Bellhop-Repair.package
SW-Improved-Housekeeping.package
Twojeff’s Hot Spring Fix.package
SophieDavid’s
sdAxeThrowingSkills_BV.package
sdLogRollingSkills_BV.package
Grapholina’s noseachanting.package
gdayars’s TeenVacationwithtentsenabled.package
Alexx58’s roomservice_fix.package
[Black_Spirit]’s MorePowerfullVoodoo
[black_spirit]’s NoVoodooBackFire
Squinge’s BigFootScare.package
From MATY
antiredundancy.package
bvchildanimfix.package

So anyway, best that I know of.

Forum Resident
#264 Old 3rd May 2020 at 12:04 AM
The only thing I noticed after installing Bon Voyage was Build Mode got a lot more CPU-intensive and if I stay in Build Mode a long time, windows and doorways tend to disappear, but they reappear in either Buy or Live mode. I do use antiredundancy to limit tour guides, et al., and Cyjon's hack to reduce vacation tourists, but I haven't noticed anything that suggested bugginess or brokenness otherwise.
Test Subject
#265 Old 30th Jun 2020 at 10:12 PM
Hi y'all, glad to see this thread isn't completely dead. I was wondering if anyone has an up to date idea about how to install CC. I can't figure it out since its been about a decade since I've played sims 2, and never on a Mac. I just purchased sims 2 super collection in the App Store.
Top Secret Researcher
#266 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 7:42 PM Last edited by lordtyger9 : 1st Jul 2020 at 7:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by dangkarli
Hi y'all, glad to see this thread isn't completely dead. I was wondering if anyone has an up to date idea about how to install CC. I can't figure it out since its been about a decade since I've played sims 2, and never on a Mac. I just purchased sims 2 super collection in the App Store.

@ dangkarli

The game is pretty much the same as when you last played, except for where the Downloads folder needs to be. So I will give you some information on how to do that.

This is the new Mac File Path: <User>/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

Step one: type what is inside the quotes in the Go to Folder Dialog box. "~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2"

Then you will be in the The Sims 2 folder, which is where the game keeps its save files and such.

Step two: Create a new folder named "Downloads" without the quotes.

Step three: place what ever CC you want up to your Mac's Maximum Open File Limit Number {basically that means keep the number down and just place .package files not any other kinds} if you go over the File Limit Number bad things will happen so if you want to have a lot of CC check my signature and read my posts there, also my advice is to make sure to use subfolders and oraganize your CC btw.

Step four etc.: Launch the Game and tell it that you have CC and then quit and relaunch, if you played before it should be the same as you used to do it.

Instructor
#267 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 4:58 AM
Hey, has anyone figured out how to turn off the "natural" scroll direction that makes the whole screen rotate the wrong way when you move the mouse left/right? I have figured out how to mod other things in the game configuration files but I don't know where to look for that and it's torture.
Top Secret Researcher
#268 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
Hey, has anyone figured out how to turn off the "natural" scroll direction that makes the whole screen rotate the wrong way when you move the mouse left/right? I have figured out how to mod other things in the game configuration files but I don't know where to look for that and it's torture.

I have not noticed the problem you describe. However I use some custom cameras, maybe using some custom cameras would help you?

Test Subject
#269 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 1:59 AM
Default File Pathway not working for me
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@ dangkarli

The game is pretty much the same as when you last played, except for where the Downloads folder needs to be. So I will give you some information on how to do that.

This is the new Mac File Path: <User>/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/

Step one: type what is inside the quotes in the Go to Folder Dialog box. "~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2"

Then you will be in the The Sims 2 folder, which is where the game keeps its save files and such.

Step two: Create a new folder named "Downloads" without the quotes.

Step three: place what ever CC you want up to your Mac's Maximum Open File Limit Number {basically that means keep the number down and just place .package files not any other kinds} if you go over the File Limit Number bad things will happen so if you want to have a lot of CC check my signature and read my posts there, also my advice is to make sure to use subfolders and oraganize your CC btw.

Step four etc.: Launch the Game and tell it that you have CC and then quit and relaunch, if you played before it should be the same as you used to do it.

Hi, I just downloaded TS2 from the app store, and im putting the file pathway in and it's not having anything come up. Anyone know anything?
Field Researcher
#270 Old 10th Jan 2021 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sophiaaleshanee
Hi, I just downloaded TS2 from the app store, and im putting the file pathway in and it's not having anything come up. Anyone know anything?

Just do (one sub-folder less)
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr

Call me Seth!
Test Subject
#271 Old 17th Feb 2022 at 2:27 AM
I'm really taking a chance here that someone will still see this over a year later......

When I go to: ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2
It's not called com.aspyr.sim2.appstore ... it just changes that part to The Sims 2 Super Collection, but the rest is the same. Is that happening for other people? I've tried everything and it's still not working, so I'm wondering if that's a part of it?
Lab Assistant
#272 Old 28th May 2023 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by helpthesimz
I'm really taking a chance here that someone will still see this over a year later......

When I go to: ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2
It's not called com.aspyr.sim2.appstore ... it just changes that part to The Sims 2 Super Collection, but the rest is the same. Is that happening for other people? I've tried everything and it's still not working, so I'm wondering if that's a part of it?

In case you, or anyone else, still needs the answer, you're correct that the folder is called The Sims 2 Super Collection now. But you just go to ~/Library/Containers/The Sims™ 2: Super Collection/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2 and put the Downloads folder in there and it should work fine; does for me.
Page 11 of 11