Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 3934 (Who?), Viewed: 144509 times.
Page 158 of 158
Alchemist
#3926 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 6:43 PM
The nose bleeds I've been having daily for weeks has stopped, but now instead I have toothache. I'd rather go back to the nose bleeds. They're so painful. After everything I eat and drink. I can't lie on my right side in bed. When I brush my teeth it feels a million times worse. I've almost completely cut out sugary foods, but it doesn't help. It's almost always on the right side, bottom teeth. Sometimes on my front teeth (again, the bottom ones) and sometimes all my front teeth.

Also I don't know what it is, but whenever I hear a loud screeching sound it makes me depressed. Dunno why. I googled it once and apparently it's a sign of tinitis. But isn't that when only you can hear the ringing? Whereas, everyone else can hear it too. It's been really hard now that it's warmer outside. I dunno what next door have, maybe it's to ward off cats or something, but it emits this really high pitched noise for a few seconds every minute or so. It's driving me insane. I feel like it's making my ears hurt too, but that could just be the toothache. Or maybe the ear ache is making my teeth hurt. Either way I am in pain and feel like crap.

Plus my glasses haven't been fixed yet and I need them by Monday. My friend is having a baby shower on the Monday and I'm already anxious, adding on to that, not being able to see is going to be worse. I have to wear my old glasses, which no longer match my prescription. Plus they really don't suit my face. My new glasses are the only glasses I've ever had that have made me feel more attractive wearing them. My other glasses make me feel ashamed and ugly whenever I wear them. Which is why I needed a new prescription - I only wore my old glasses when I actually NEEDED to see. These new glasses I had worn regularly.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3928 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 7:07 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 21st Apr 2018 at 1:29 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSneakers
I went home to him and we broke up. He's really sad. He still loves me. I still love him. But probably not in the same way as a month ago. He thinks I'm making a mistake, that I'm making this decision too quickly. But it's been a month since I first kissed my friend and it's been on my mind ever since. I didn't make the decision because I kissed him. I guess I kissed him because I'd already made the decision. It all sucks. I'm scared I've made the wrong decision, but I don't know what else to do. I'm just kinda scared and worried about everyone involved in this situation and I feel like it's my fault, even though I can't really do anything about.

I'm just hurting now and feel so bad that I had to do this to him.

I'm not being flippant, but that's life. People grow and change. Who knows, if you and he lived closer together, you might have even broken up sooner. The romance ran its course. I'm sorry he's hurting, and I'm sorry you are feeling frightened and guilty. It was better to end it honestly than to cheat on him, cause that's what was coming.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Alchemist
#3929 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 9:07 PM
Why do I bother socializing online or in person? I feel like I'm having a crisis of some understandings.

I really do have admiration for humanity, but why did I even bother to attempt caring?

For the past couple of years, I've been pretty much volunteering my services as sort of a peer counselor to whomever needed someone, anyone who could listen and impart knowledge if I can.

Personally, I wish I had more times to talk to MY counselor. I have been dealing with the fact that the appointment for job training is 2 weeks away today. I also been having doubt that keep me from sleeping well.

In all honesty, today seems to be "Get Stuff Stuck in your Craw" day.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Top Secret Researcher
#3930 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 11:47 PM
@PANDAQUEEN

So are you referring to someone specific or just people in general? For all I know you could be talking about me since we tried talking in the past, or anyone else you've talked to from here, and I'm sure anyone else you've tried talking to from here may not think too highly of what you've said. You really aren't doing yourself any favors by publicly saying something like "why did I even bother to attempt caring" because now you're just making it seem like you don't really care. I think it's because of things like that that there may be misunderstandings with people, it seems that sometimes the way you phrase things just comes off as sounding a little rude or maybe even arrogant. I've seen you say things like "I feel bad for you" to people on here, and from a personal point of view that really isn't a good thing to be hearing from someone. Most people that are struggling don't want others to pity them or feel bad for them, they just want some support. From what I've noticed your form of support mostly seems to be talking about your own problems and comparing how you feel to someone else, and I'm sorry but that really isn't helping in any way. Sometimes just imparting knowledge isn't what some people need, and I'm sure that in some people's eyes you may come across as being a little arrogant by just simply talking about yourself so much and trying to impart knowledge that they may not want to hear.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I've seen the way you've replied to people on here and from my point of view it's not in ways that are really going to help. As someone that has suffered from depression for around 20 years the last thing I really want to see is someone trying to compare their problems to mine, or trying to feel bad or feel pity for me, and from what I've noticed in your replies I don't see how most of them are very helpful. From my observation you need to change your thinking when trying to be helpful to people because you seem to turn everything around to be about yourself, and if it seems like you aren't actually helping anyone or that no one appreciates your attempts it's probably because it seems like you use their problems as an excuse to vent about your own.
Alchemist
#3931 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 7:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywud
@PANDAQUEEN

So are you referring to someone specific or just people in general? For all I know you could be talking about me since we tried talking in the past, or anyone else you've talked to from here, and I'm sure anyone else you've tried talking to from here may not think too highly of what you've said. You really aren't doing yourself any favors by publicly saying something like "why did I even bother to attempt caring" because now you're just making it seem like you don't really care. I think it's because of things like that that there may be misunderstandings with people, it seems that sometimes the way you phrase things just comes off as sounding a little rude or maybe even arrogant. I've seen you say things like "I feel bad for you" to people on here, and from a personal point of view that really isn't a good thing to be hearing from someone. Most people that are struggling don't want others to pity them or feel bad for them, they just want some support. From what I've noticed your form of support mostly seems to be talking about your own problems and comparing how you feel to someone else, and I'm sorry but that really isn't helping in any way. Sometimes just imparting knowledge isn't what some people need, and I'm sure that in some people's eyes you may come across as being a little arrogant by just simply talking about yourself so much and trying to impart knowledge that they may not want to hear.

I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I've seen the way you've replied to people on here and from my point of view it's not in ways that are really going to help. As someone that has suffered from depression for around 20 years the last thing I really want to see is someone trying to compare their problems to mine, or trying to feel bad or feel pity for me, and from what I've noticed in your replies I don't see how most of them are very helpful. From my observation you need to change your thinking when trying to be helpful to people because you seem to turn everything around to be about yourself, and if it seems like you aren't actually helping anyone or that no one appreciates your attempts it's probably because it seems like you use their problems as an excuse to vent about your own.

For as long as I can remember, I always felt like I said something wrong. Part of my disability is that I have trouble empathizing with other people normally beyond being upset or jealous and I spent many years in therapy learning to act as normal as humanly possible. But someone raised a stink over "You can be disabled, just don't be a dick about it". I was incensed about that. Also, if I say something that sounds "off", I am not trying to be insensitive. From the ways things are, I'm probably going to be in therapy for the rest of my life, constantly learning to interact properly. Trust me, I have been trapped with my disability, any way you slice it, be it slices or wedges. I was told by my father that the both of us will probably be free of such judgment of normal once we die, but our time is not up.

Then again, the weirdest part of the Internet is people are raising cases of autism to the light and showing we're capable of many things that otherwise are not seen on the "normal" level. I suffer from high-functioning autism and I have lost numerous friends in childhood, people took advantage of my heightened senses in junior high and in high school, I dealt with authority who overstepped their boundaries by strong-arm tactics to counter my strengths.

haywud, the above was something I wanted to say, but wording things carefully was the biggest issue. I had been dealing with a number of issues in real life from school, that I had to deal with adulthood rather hard.

http://richinc.boards.net <--- My forum. Currently has a general talk board and a cooking board. Check back for more boards... please don't hurt me.
Alchemist
#3932 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 2:59 PM
The pre-made group lured another member in.

Up, M'Lady, pack your things // This place is not your home
#3933 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
The nose bleeds I've been having daily for weeks has stopped, but now instead I have toothache. I'd rather go back to the nose bleeds. They're so painful. After everything I eat and drink. I can't lie on my right side in bed. When I brush my teeth it feels a million times worse. I've almost completely cut out sugary foods, but it doesn't help. It's almost always on the right side, bottom teeth. Sometimes on my front teeth (again, the bottom ones) and sometimes all my front teeth.

Also I don't know what it is, but whenever I hear a loud screeching sound it makes me depressed. Dunno why. I googled it once and apparently it's a sign of tinitis. But isn't that when only you can hear the ringing? Whereas, everyone else can hear it too. It's been really hard now that it's warmer outside. I dunno what next door have, maybe it's to ward off cats or something, but it emits this really high pitched noise for a few seconds every minute or so. It's driving me insane. I feel like it's making my ears hurt too, but that could just be the toothache. Or maybe the ear ache is making my teeth hurt. Either way I am in pain and feel like crap.

Plus my glasses haven't been fixed yet and I need them by Monday. My friend is having a baby shower on the Monday and I'm already anxious, adding on to that, not being able to see is going to be worse. I have to wear my old glasses, which no longer match my prescription. Plus they really don't suit my face. My new glasses are the only glasses I've ever had that have made me feel more attractive wearing them. My other glasses make me feel ashamed and ugly whenever I wear them. Which is why I needed a new prescription - I only wore my old glasses when I actually NEEDED to see. These new glasses I had worn regularly.

Yo do you clench your teeth when you sleep? Cos if you do that hard or often enough your teeth start to hurt a bunch and then food becomes weird and drinking is uncomfortable. I used to get really bad headaches where I had to have more painkillers than neessary and then attempt to chill out in a dark, silent room with my glasses off in silence, without my glasses. When my teeth and jaws would hurt I'd eat as many crunchy things as I could, which actually helped. Dentist gave me a retainer to wear while sleeping and that problem seems to have been fixed. Better get that checked soon before sleep and general life is affected.

And the hearing painful sounds sucks too. Like I know my laptop makes a faint high pitched noise while its plugged in charging, so I always use earphones and music to block it out :wft:. I've had it for years where there are certain sounds you can hear and it really hurts like inside you somewhere in deep and its just awful. Loud shrill noises are bad enough, but the worst is the faint quiet sound in the background that most people don't hear so you sit there twitching and in pain but you can't leave cos its in the middle of something important

I hope it gets sorted out or at least you find a way around these problems because they're definitely inconvenient
Alchemist
#3934 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa1500
Yo do you clench your teeth when you sleep? Cos if you do that hard or often enough your teeth start to hurt a bunch and then food becomes weird and drinking is uncomfortable. I used to get really bad headaches where I had to have more painkillers than neessary and then attempt to chill out in a dark, silent room with my glasses off in silence, without my glasses. When my teeth and jaws would hurt I'd eat as many crunchy things as I could, which actually helped. Dentist gave me a retainer to wear while sleeping and that problem seems to have been fixed. Better get that checked soon before sleep and general life is affected.

And the hearing painful sounds sucks too. Like I know my laptop makes a faint high pitched noise while its plugged in charging, so I always use earphones and music to block it out :wft:. I've had it for years where there are certain sounds you can hear and it really hurts like inside you somewhere in deep and its just awful. Loud shrill noises are bad enough, but the worst is the faint quiet sound in the background that most people don't hear so you sit there twitching and in pain but you can't leave cos its in the middle of something important

I hope it gets sorted out or at least you find a way around these problems because they're definitely inconvenient

I've luckily had no toothache today which is nice.

I'm not sure if I clench my teeth while asleep. I've certainly woken up a few times to my mouth feeling a little locked so I think I do. But the boyfriend has never mentioned it... although I doubt that's the kind of thing he'd really notice. It's mostly if I've been sleeping on my hand, putting some pressure on my jaw. I've learned to avoid doing that though by always falling asleep with my hand under the pillow. Who knows. I've been thinking it's possibly high blood pressure? - It would explain the frequent nosebleeds and headaches.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#3935 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 11:10 PM
My father had a relapse from his alcoholism. Part of me knew it was coming and my mother had to hold me because I was reminded of "the incident" 4 years ago and was crying. It's very rare I cry lately.

Today, I was relatively quiet around my father because my mom and I plan to broach him about his relapse together to take into consideration what we're witnessing.

I hate getting emotionally invested in family. But right now, as far as tangible social contacts, they're all I have.

Page 158 of 158