Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 82 (Who?), Viewed: 24550 times.
Page 4 of 4
Top Secret Researcher
#76 Old 30th Aug 2017 at 5:50 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 31st Aug 2017 at 12:38 PM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...2&v=8EDkIpAZbpE

Yup, that's happening this week, and Sims 1 with 3D support will probably happen this year, or if not, then at the start of next year. Can't wait!

I just now realised my lot was featured for some reason!!! OMG, I'm so happy!!!
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 2:22 PM
It seems really promising, but I'm afraid they're gonna have problems with copyright and stuff like that... Isn't a fan made project?
Top Secret Researcher
#78 Old 31st Aug 2017 at 6:06 PM Last edited by mixa97sr : 1st Sep 2017 at 12:30 PM.
It's a fan made project, and no, no copyright, as all files are still provided by EA. There was few cease and desists, but the main PC project is well and going. It's already done. People are already playing it, so, idk.

Also, it's a reworked engine, it's free and it reads EA files without altering them. I mean, this new 3D renderer still works based on EA files (except walls which are now new). But great thing is that it supports obj files now, which means that people can import their own meshes! The only thing that will soon be EA, are probably going to be only sims and their animations. I'm sure that after this comes out, community will keep making objects like crazy, replacing anything EA made.

Can you imagine that this 3D renderer and mesh support for TS1 engine with custom lighting and all was made in a little bit than a week?! I'm still amazed.

Man, I've been following this project since the dawn of NioTSO... things sure have changed.

EDIT:

Lots of objects seem clipped or missing, but that's because they were generated from multiple z-buffer data and some parts are obstructed by the mesh/sprite itself. I suspect things will change tho.
Forum Resident
#79 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 1:34 PM
I'm quite enjoying playing TSO (or FreeSO). I tried the 3D version this morning but I found it to be quite laggy so I changed it back to 2D. I like the way 2D looks with the Sims 1 artstyle anyway. But it's still very impressive that they were able to do it.
Top Secret Researcher
#80 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 6:11 PM
Yeah, 3D lots have to load objects when you first enter them so it is a bit laggy there. Also, it works better whith DirectX mode enabled. But yeah, 3D objects still look derpy and need some work.
Forum Resident
#81 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_...2&v=8EDkIpAZbpE

Yup, that's happening this week, and Sims 1 with 3D support will probably happen this year, or if not, then at the start of next year. Can't wait!

I just now realised my lot was featured for some reason!!! OMG, I'm so happy!!!

Lol, just as I stopped playing a few months ago. Probably that why's i stopped playing, because it wasn't 3D. I might give a go, though it could be just a lack of gameplay (which I can't point a finger on) that makes me put that game away.

I got to say, I'm darn impressed with what Rhys (or whoever the Developer was who implimented this) has done. Good job and kudos for them/him.
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 8:10 PM
We now have a community project to get those broken generated 3D object into actual meshes, which will both improve the look of the game and the load times (which are awfuly large rn)
Alchemist
#83 Old 6th Sep 2017 at 10:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixa97sr
We now have a community project to get those broken generated 3D object into actual meshes, which will both improve the look of the game and the load times (which are awfuly large rn)

Very good move on the devs' part to integrate the object creation tool into the game's runtime, and to support exporting and importing to and from OBJ files in a way that editing them with tools like Blender or Milkshape becomes child's play. And I'd be surprised if Blender didn't have some sort of modifier to clean up geometry.
Converting objects from other games should be doable too.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-free™.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Page 4 of 4