Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Bob Ross Paint-Along Night - posted on 4th Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Replies: 6513 (Who?), Viewed: 420732 times.
Page 261 of 261
Alchemist
#6501 Old 20th Sep 2017 at 5:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMelissa
I could be wrong since I'm not a builder. But, to me, it looks like a narrow stretch of land with strategically placed driftwood.
It is indeed beautiful!

That's essentially what it is, no cc required. You need a strip of land where you'll want the dam, to ensure that the water can actually be at two different levels, and then it's mostly just white-ish terrain paint and lots of driftwood placed with judicious use of the move_objects, allow45degreeangleofrotation, and setquartertileplacement. I think I might have also placed a few bits of drftwood on the white wood wall shelves, so that I could have a bit more control over their vertical placement, but I don't remember for certain.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Lab Assistant
#6502 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:02 PM
One thing I'd wanted to see... And it probably exists out there, but rarely do any sim sites have a category for it, or any agreement on how to categorize it... But, I'd like to see some more hood deco.

I had wanted to create an Old West themed vacation spot. I found functional teepees (tents), indian headdresses, steam engines and tracks, saloon doors, a way to customize souvenirs, even totem poles... But as far as hood deco to make the neighborhood screen look like it was really in the Wild West, the only thing I could find was a herd of cattle.

I'd love to see some bone yard that wasn't dinosaurs. I'd love to see hood deco totem poles. I'd REALLY love to see circling vultures! A herd of buffalo... Maybe even some rocky plateaus. Some scrub brush, tumbleweeds and whatnot. Just stuff to fill the vast wasteland near a little old western town. An entrance to an abandoned mine would be cool, too... Some of them existed at one time, but the sites are no longer operational. But many of these things, i haven't been able to find anywhere. Leaves the whole "Wild West" vacation area pretty ordinary.

-gE
>=)
Instructor
#6503 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 11:42 PM Last edited by SIMelissa : 21st Sep 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
I had wanted to create an Old West themed vacation spot. I found functional teepees (tents), indian headdresses, steam engines and tracks, saloon doors, a way to customize souvenirs, even totem poles... But as far as hood deco to make the neighborhood screen look like it was really in the Wild West, the only thing I could find was a herd of cattle . . . Some scrub brush, tumbleweeds and whatnot. Just stuff to fill the vast wasteland near a little old western town. An entrance to an abandoned mine would be cool, too... Some of them existed at one time, but the sites are no longer operational. But many of these things, i haven't been able to find anywhere. Leaves the whole "Wild West" vacation area pretty ordinary.

Yes! I want to see more of ANYTHING that is Wild West / Pioneer / Gold Rush!!!

I'd love to see how you plan to customize the souvenirs. I hope you will post instructions in a thread or defaults in the downloads.

While neighborhood deco would be nice, but I'd really like to have more Old West stuff for the day to day play in an Old West game (not just a vacation spot). Some of the medieval stuff fits the bill. I've found a fair amount of Native American attire. But I could really use some Pioneer & Cowboy clothing (dirty, dusty -- not crisp, new dude ranch attire); Pioneer dresses (not fancy Victorian) with pregnancy morphs; kids & teens worn western wear; female gunslinger outfits with pregnancy morph; western nursery (something different than the adorable OK Corral set at Parsimonious); and maybe a few more western / cabin window & door choices (not modern).

Perhaps MTS might be nice enough to make Old West one of its upcoming bi-monthly challenges? <not-so-subtle HINT>

So many things to learn; so few brain cells to process the info needed to learn things!
Shipwreck Island
Lab Assistant
#6504 Old Yesterday at 12:18 AM
I would LOVE a mod that disables a negative memory if Sims don't go to college. I know I don't have to send them to college, I just get don't want to deal with my Sims bawling and going into aspiration failure from being "uneducated." Like, if a mod exists that makes it so Sims never get a "never went to university" or something like that memory, I would love to hear about it.
Needs Coffee
staff: moderator
#6505 Old Yesterday at 12:21 AM
@kiddypatches No memory uneducated. It's in the college pack by Squinge. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96190.0.html

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#6506 Old Yesterday at 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
@kiddypatches No memory uneducated. It's in the college pack by Squinge. http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,96190.0.html

Ah, thank you so much!!!!
Lab Assistant
#6507 Old Yesterday at 1:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMelissa
Yes! I want to see more of ANYTHING that is Wild West / Pioneer / Gold Rush!!!

I'd love to see how you plan to customize the souvenirs. I hope you will post instructions in a thread or defaults in the downloads

Actually my friend JustJones already cracked the Souvenirs. She has been making several variations. Unfortunately, thus far, only 1 version has been uploaded to MTS. Stands for selling Christmas Decor, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=587178

I know Jones had been working on several other customizable souvenirs, and it works great! Real life sometimes gets in the way of progress. But Jones is brilliant! She's got some great stuff for the souvenirs that I hope, eventually gets released to the public.

As for me, I was mostly thinking of a vacation area that my sims could visit in a desert scenario. I wanted to build a Potter's Field on a Boot Hill, complete with a ghost named Fraidy-Cat Jones. If I could figure out a secret lot, I'd also have a crazy old prospector. I'd have a camp ground, where you could rent teepees... maybe a few campers, for the less adventurous. =) Saloon... Hotel... I even had a name for the Bed & Breakfast on the seedier side of town: "Strumpets & Crumpets". haha...

Gosh! I have to dig out all my notes. Thank goodness I wrote this stuff down somewhere. Now, if only I could remember WHERE!

-gE
>=)
Turquoise Dragon
#6508 Old Yesterday at 2:02 AM
Wonder if we could get someone to make the vacation hood, if we made the custom content needed? it would require a ton of content.
Lab Assistant
#6509 Old Yesterday at 2:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdayars
Wonder if we could get someone to make the vacation hood, if we made the custom content needed? it would require a ton of content.

I already got the start of a list, as long as Church on Easter Sunday! I haven't really delved into custom guided tours and sight seeing stuff yet, but I do have some other ideas, that include learning a song, like the pirate teaches on Twikkii Island (I even know where we can lift "Old West" songs that are already in Simlish!), and a custom dance, which borrow from anims already in the game... We'd need custom clothing... particularly handkerchiefs that go over folks faces, the way bank robbers did. I thought I found them somewhere... but I can't recall. I've seen some made out of recoloring the ninja masks, but they look awful for a cowboy.

I've been dreaming about this for 2 years... It'd be VERY exciting! ...i just wish i wasn't such crap at modding. =\

-gE
>=)
Needs Coffee
#6510 Old Yesterday at 4:29 AM
Those vacation tours really do need modding they are expensive, pointless and most times horrible! If you do mod in a song make sure it's not one that all sims everywhere will pick up and sing like those other sim songs. <_<

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#6511 Old Yesterday at 7:24 PM
i want a hack that disables basements flooding because my land is too thin, it's a huge pet peeve when i download a lot with a basement and its filled with water
Scholar
#6512 Old Yesterday at 7:59 PM
about basement flooding; some things that might contribute to it::
-lot's distance from neighborhood water
-lot's elevation
Mad Poster
#6513 Old Yesterday at 8:06 PM
You need to raise the terrain hood-wide. This is possible with the modifyNeighborhoodTerrain cheat or with Hood Replacer, if you can get a similar SC4 terrain with a higher elevation.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#6514 Old Yesterday at 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Those vacation tours really do need modding they are expensive, pointless and most times horrible! If you do mod in a song make sure it's not one that all sims everywhere will pick up and sing like those other sim songs. <_<

hahaha, good point! Perhaps that can be disabled when cloning for a new song. I was actually thinking of stealing one of the campfire songs from TS1, since it's already simlish. I remember they had 'Michael Row Your Boat Ashore' and 'On Top of Old Smokey'. I think they had a couple other songs, but I forget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grinevilly
...i just wish i wasn't such crap at modding. =\

It's nice to see 2 people (thus far) agree that I'm CRAP at modding! You see, i'm not really a "hands-on" evil genius... hahahha!!

-gE
>=)
Page 261 of 261