Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Sneak Preview of Project CRUMB - posted on 21st May 2017 at 6:32 PM
Replies: 6770 (Who?), Viewed: 639494 times.
Page 271 of 271
Alchemist
#6751 Old 15th May 2017 at 6:49 PM
Are there specific factors that determine if a Fairy Sim will be successful in a Fairy Repair, or is it random? In my current game the Fairy husband fails every time he tries to do a Fairy Repair, and the Fairy wife succeeds every time she does a Fairy Repair.
Lab Assistant
#6752 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:08 PM
Is there a quick and easy way to squish zombies and aliens? I don't want them to show up in any of my worlds/saves. Ever.

Follow the lives of my TS3 sims and their growing integrated economy.
Forum Resident
#6753 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by newlibertysims
Is there a quick and easy way to squish zombies and aliens? I don't want them to show up in any of my worlds/saves. Ever.

No More Zombies mod here, which comes in two types of flavors. I've used it and I have yet to encounter a single Zombie in the (short) time I've had Supernatural installed. I don't know how to get rid of aliens, though.
Scholar
#6754 Old 16th May 2017 at 5:51 PM
Quote:

If you have NRaas Retuner or would like to use it see this page to disable or change settings for Aliens: Disable Aliens
Zombies can also be managed using Retuner:
From City Hall or any computer:
NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > ByTunableXML > Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers > LunarCycleManager >
kChanceToSpawnZombie > 0
kNumberSimsToBeZombifiedOnFullMoon > 0
Lab Assistant
#6755 Old 17th May 2017 at 4:29 AM
QUOTE=CatMuto]No More Zombies mod here, which comes in two types of flavors. I've used it and I have yet to encounter a single Zombie in the (short) time I've had Supernatural installed. I don't know how to get rid of aliens, though.[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbarat
If you have NRaas Retuner or would like to use it see this page to disable or change settings for Aliens: Disable Aliens
Zombies can also be managed using Retuner:
From City Hall or any computer:
NRaas > Retuner > Settings > General > ByTunableXML > Sims3.Gameplay.Controllers > LunarCycleManager >
kChanceToSpawnZombie > 0
kNumberSimsToBeZombifiedOnFullMoon > 0

Thanks guys! I will give these a try.

Instructor
#6756 Old 17th May 2017 at 7:00 AM
Why is it that after I've played for a while, some of the buttons stop working?
Top Secret Researcher
#6757 Old 18th May 2017 at 9:01 AM Last edited by r_deNoube : 21st May 2017 at 8:38 AM. Reason: typo
By "some of the buttons", do you mean there are particular ones that are prone to stop working after a while?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Why is it that after I've played for a while, some of the buttons stop working?

That has only happened to me in Build or Buy mode, when I don't notice that I've spent myself out, so I keep trying to lay flooring or to install pedestal sinks or whatever, and wonder why they don't go in. Other than that, I've not had that kind of trouble with buttons per se, but on occasion I have played until my fingers stopped working.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Lab Assistant
#6758 Old 18th May 2017 at 9:53 AM
If I unistall a world in launcher will the cc that came with it unistall along with it?
dodgy builder
#6759 Old 18th May 2017 at 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady
If I unistall a world in launcher will the cc that came with it unistall along with it?

I would say it depends on how it's listed in the launcher. If they have separate listings it won't, if it's only one listing they will. A world contains so many things, some of them are natural things to be used in the world itself, while others are separate objects like doors and windows. See what it looks like in your launcher.
dodgy builder
#6760 Old 18th May 2017 at 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvenom
I would say it depends on how it's listed in the launcher. If they have separate listings it won't, if it's only one listing they will. A world contains so many things, some of them are natural things to be used in the world itself, while others are separate objects like doors and windows. See what it looks like in your launcher.

One thing to be aware of is the things you don't expect, like if you have used trees from a world in a lot of your own, it will probably be gone.
Forum Resident
#6761 Old 18th May 2017 at 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chokolady

It depends on the world, I suppose. Especially CC worlds. I got a CC world where its CC content was in a package file that I put into my mods folder. I have deleted the world by now, but I do have the CC.package still in my folder and I have the things in my game to use, including plants.
Lab Assistant
#6762 Old 18th May 2017 at 7:36 PM
Is it normal for rabbitholes to say "location out of bounds" even if the lot appears to be big enough? It's like I have to place the rabbithole just so or it won't plop.

If I place them using the moveobjects cheat, will sims have issues routing to them?

Test Subject
#6763 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devaskyla
I have a bunch of cc eyes in my game under costume make-up. Sometimes I create my own colour for them, but when it saves it, I can't tell what it's supposed to be because I get an image of a sim's whole face, rather than the nice close up images that came with the cc. How do I change my images so I can have a close-up of my own colours?

Still hoping someone can answer this for me.
Scholar
#6764 Old 19th May 2017 at 1:43 AM
If a sim is enrolled in a homeworld university, can they also have a job (either full or part time), or does that break one or both occupations? (disregarding any potential issues re: a sim needing to be at work and class at the same time)

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#6765 Old 19th May 2017 at 3:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingerxyz
If a sim is enrolled in a homeworld university, can they also have a job (either full or part time), or does that break one or both occupations? (disregarding any potential issues re: a sim needing to be at work and class at the same time)

Sims can only have one career at a time, and unlike with high school Uni enrollment makes their career that of University Student officially. So I think the answer is really no, they cannot maintain a proper career and a Uni course load at the same time unfortunately. With Buzzler's MOAR Interactions mod though, I believe they can work a part-time shift at just about any job by command (or maybe it's only the part time ones) though that's not exactly the same thing as maintaining progression through a career properly.

As far as I know, no one ever came up with a way for sims to take one Uni class or go to night school, something like that, alongside of their career and earn Uni credit for doing so.
Alchemist
#6766 Old 19th May 2017 at 3:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orilon
Are there specific factors that determine if a Fairy Sim will be successful in a Fairy Repair, or is it random? In my current game the Fairy husband fails every time he tries to do a Fairy Repair, and the Fairy wife succeeds every time she does a Fairy Repair.

There's an 80% chance the fairy repair will be successful.

Just call me Nikel
Forum Resident
#6767 Old 19th May 2017 at 11:51 AM
Quote:
Is it normal for rabbitholes to say "location out of bounds" even if the lot appears to be big enough? It's like I have to place the rabbithole just so or it won't plop.

If I place them using the moveobjects cheat, will sims have issues routing to them?

When you are placing them via Edit Town, the Lot needs to be a bit bigger than the rabbithole itself. It's similar to how you cannot build to the edge of the lot, there must be at least 1 tile room on the sides and back. This page has the sizes for the various rabbitholes (It is missing some, unfortunately, but has all of the basic rabbitholes), so you know that what Lot sizes you need to place them at the very least. (If it says 23x23, I'd suggest a 25x25 lot at least) If you have a mod installed that lets you alter the size of Lots, you can make them just big enough to hold the rabbithole.

I don't recall if there are routing issues if you use moveobjects to place them on too-small lots. I think the only thing that needs to be easy to access is the entrance/exit. But I'm not sure.
Lab Assistant
#6768 Old 19th May 2017 at 12:28 PM
Quote:

I've had this "location out of bounds" bug lately with a rabbithole, and I forced to place it with moveobjects on (on a lot size that was big enough) and my sims have no routing issues with it, it's absolutely functional in Live mode (it's a bistro + spa combo). Try it, it'll hopefully work.
Lab Assistant
#6769 Old 19th May 2017 at 7:54 PM
@CatMuto @Floraflora2 Thanks, guys! I edited Moonlight Falls in CAW and thought I may have messed up the lot placement. Looks like it's just the rabbitholes being glitchy. This makes me feel so much better!

dodgy builder
#6770 Old 19th May 2017 at 9:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devaskyla
Still hoping someone can answer this for me.

I would probably try to figure out how eyes are made, that's probably where you will found out why pics do not follow.
Lab Assistant
#6771 Old 20th May 2017 at 2:28 AM
What's the quickest and simplest way to turn a CAS sim into a townie?

Page 271 of 271