Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Community Spirit contest! - posted on 11th Apr 2017 at 6:33 PM
Replies: 6688 (Who?), Viewed: 634856 times.
Page 268 of 268
Instructor
#6676 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 5:13 AM
I never said I wasn't interested. It just seems confusing and I want someone to help walk me through it. That's a big difference and not for this thread anyway.
Site Helper
#6677 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 2:08 PM
Yes, MC is a big, confusing mod. But the default settings are mostly such that you can drop the mod into your game, play a while, and have things working more closely to what you might be looking for. Then something will happen, you say to yourself "I wonder if Master Controller has a setting for this?" and poke around for a bit. Usually there is, indeed, a setting for this, along with several other interesting discoveries to forget about or to experiment with, depending on your desire and how recently you have saved. (It's reasonably safe when used properly, but when you discover something like "Add Sim to Household" when clicking on the Grim Reaper, or Pollen Punch when you are giving your sim some alchemy recipes, it's a good idea to have saved recently before trying it. )

Edit: Please don't tell Chain Reaction about the alchemy recipes. He said it doesn't do that and I don't want him to decide to fix it!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Scholar
#6678 Old 19th Apr 2017 at 2:24 PM Last edited by igazor : 19th Apr 2017 at 3:23 PM.
The thing about mods like MasterController and DebugEnabler, unlike some of the others, is that just by being present they don't change a thing about gameplay. No matter how complex they look, all they do is load their menus of user-selectable commands onto lots, objects, sims, and City Hall and then sit back and wait for the player to some day choose one to run. It's not necessary to understand all of the commands right away but the Interactions pages are available at NRaas for reference when needed.

Unless one is having performance or other specific issues at the time for which mods like Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, or Traveler are needed, which do run in the background "doing stuff," these are fine choices to start out with even though we always recommend the performance fixing ones for routine play. They are all totally removable if the player doesn't like them.

And I apologize if my previous comment came across as a bit harsh, but assistance is always available at NRaas for players who need it.
Theorist
#6679 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 8:11 AM
Hello, I want to have Monte Vista as vacation destination (using Traveler), but how do I place a base camp to arrive to if the game will use not my saved Monte Vista, but a brand new Monte Vista? I also want to add some custom sims to Monte Vista as vacation destination, is that possible?
Scholar
#6680 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 2:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babahara
Hello, I want to have Monte Vista as vacation destination (using Traveler), but how do I place a base camp to arrive to if the game will use not my saved Monte Vista, but a brand new Monte Vista? I also want to add some custom sims to Monte Vista as vacation destination, is that possible?

Hello Babahara - There are multiple ways to place a base camp. You can put a copy of an existing base camp in your library bin and put that in Monte Vista or build one yourself place it as a regular lot then change the assignment to base camp. You can also re-assign an existing lot in Monte Vista to base camp. As soon as you assign the lot as a base camp the adventure board is generated.

Setting up a world to act as a vacation world is pretty easy. There are two sections in The Traveler FAQ that will help you set up Mont Vista as a vacation destination. Scroll down to:
How do I set up a Traveler world so it acts like a Vacation world ?
Is there a way to use one of the towns from another save-game as a vacation world?
Theorist
#6681 Old 21st Apr 2017 at 7:40 PM
Ah, so I just need to use a save-game method after creating a base camp lot, that makes sense! Thank you a lot
Field Researcher
#6682 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 3:00 AM Last edited by MurderPrincessK : 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:28 AM.
In S3OC there is a painting called paintingPlumbob, Evolution of the Plumbob in game. It says it came with EP10, Island Paradise, but I can't find it in game. Not even under BuyDebug Menu. The price is listed as 12121. Anyone know where it is in the buy menu?

Stay Aware. Stay Engaged.
Its easy to get high when your standing on our backs.
Instructor
#6683 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 6:26 AM
This painting doesn't show in the catalog, because as I see, the flags are set to Debug and Unused44. But it can be acquired on one of the Islands in Isla Paradiso. It's inside a treasure chest.

So technically, you can get it in game, if you take a treasure chest from the Debug menu and assign the treasure to the one that gets you the painting in the list of available treasures.
But you can unlock it by unticking the Unused44 flag and choosing anything else, depending on where you want the painting to show up (DebugMisc, Decor > DecorWallArt).
Field Researcher
#6684 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 6:52 AM
Ahh, I see. I only noticed because I tried to clone it and make a new painting, but still couldn't find in the catalog. I will figure this all out eventually. Thanks.

Stay Aware. Stay Engaged.
Its easy to get high when your standing on our backs.
Forum Resident
#6685 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 12:59 PM
How likely are Hangouts to be populated? I think I recall someone mentioning that, in terms of 'priority' on where Sims go, the Hangout is pretty low on the list because they don't really 'pull' any sims with specific traits. If I were to make one, but also have a pool, library, park and maybe a gym available, how often could Sims go there?
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6686 Old 23rd Apr 2017 at 4:09 PM
Forum Resident
#6687 Old Yesterday at 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon

Thanks, it really helps. With the mention of Charisma... do children (and teens/adults holding toddlers) go to hangouts if they have the right trait or a Charisma point? I put some kid/toddler stuff into the hangout I built, without knowing if they'd go there.
Scholar
#6688 Old Today at 1:18 AM
Is there a way to scroll through the different sizes of plants/shrubs without having to place them all first?

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Instructor
#6689 Old Today at 2:53 AM
Is there any way to change skin colors depending on outfit? I'm making Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI and having her Esper form as an alt would be neat.
Page 268 of 268