Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for February - posted on 1st Mar 2017 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 6582 (Who?), Viewed: 628985 times.
Page 264 of 264
Lab Assistant
#6576 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 7:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackjackGabbiani
How am I supposed to get this gem? He was tasked with finding certain gems but this one was JUST past the selectable area. Do I really have to go into the world editor to move it or the spawn point closer?

If you have NRaas DebugEnabler you can click on it, go to Options, and Add to Family Inventory. Then you just open build mode, drop it on your lot then drag to your sim's inventory.
Site Helper
#6577 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:56 PM
If you have Ambitions and a Harvester in your inventory, it often reaches those.

I use Master Controller and click the ground near it. (This may also require the Cheats module) There are two Master Controller options under NRAAS. One has a lot of options, and one has Radius: Purge and Radius: add to inventory. Add to inventory moves things to the Family Inventory. If this is a travel destination you might need to get a mod to allow you to buy a house without having a level 3 visa, or just cheat your visa level to level 3 to get a house. I've never had to see if the quest target will see gems in your family inventory, but you should be able to tell immediately after collecting it by looking at the number of gems it says that you have now. If it won't find it in the family inventory and you don't want to cheat to get a vacation house so you can pull it out, you can go home, then pull the thing out, wait for the travel moodlet to vanish, and go back. Your quest should still be active.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2016 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#6578 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 5:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost sdoj
If you have Ambitions and a Harvester in your inventory, it often reaches those.

I use Master Controller and click the ground near it. (This may also require the Cheats module) There are two Master Controller options under NRAAS. One has a lot of options, and one has Radius: Purge and Radius: add to inventory. Add to inventory moves things to the Family Inventory. If this is a travel destination you might need to get a mod to allow you to buy a house without having a level 3 visa, or just cheat your visa level to level 3 to get a house. I've never had to see if the quest target will see gems in your family inventory, but you should be able to tell immediately after collecting it by looking at the number of gems it says that you have now. If it won't find it in the family inventory and you don't want to cheat to get a vacation house so you can pull it out, you can go home, then pull the thing out, wait for the travel moodlet to vanish, and go back. Your quest should still be active.

I've done it just pulling from inventory at the basecamp. I do have Traveller, but I'm pretty certain I was always able to do this, even before I added Traveller. I think the game treats basecamp like your actual home, because it lets me open buy and build mode with no hiccups if I wanna tweak the basecamp locations. (Champs Les Sims, I'm looking at you and your overcrowded hostel where I can never find an empty bed!)
Did not know the harvester would work on gems though- I gotta try that!
Site Helper
#6579 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:36 PM
I solve the bed problem by having my sim stand near the bed I want to use and playing a musical instrument until the sim in my bed gets up to complain about the noise. I vaguely remember trying to add a telescope to the base camp in Egypt, and discovering that I couldn't access buy mode while on vacation. I haven't tried since getting Traveller.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#6580 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 11:59 PM

That's genius.
...I wonder if it works with the snake charming flute, muahahaha...

I'm off to test a few things in game.
Instructor
#6581 Old Yesterday at 1:20 AM
How do I age a pet up? Do I hold a birthday for them? I adopted a puppy but it's so small that it can't use stairs, which means to go pee in the yard someone has to pick it up and take it out.
Field Researcher
#6582 Old Yesterday at 2:21 AM
This is not a question, but rather a partial solution to a question I asked a while back, in case anyone else is interested:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbot
Is it possible to charge NPCs money for tasting nectar from the nectar rack? It's seems silly that people can just wander into a nectary and get free booze.

It seems that Ani's Sims Drinks (AKA Drinks For Your Sims) mod charges for drinks on community lots. Looking quickly through its pages both on MTS and on NRaas, this feature appears to be undocumented, although it's clearly in the source code. The price per drink is even tunable by XML. At this point, I've only tested with sims in the active household tasting from a nectar rack on a community lot, so it's unclear whether unplayed NPCs get charged as well, but at least it makes gameplay for active sims more realistic.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Site Helper
#6583 Old Yesterday at 5:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orose

That's genius.
...I wonder if it works with the snake charming flute, muahahaha...

I'm off to test a few things in game.

Yes, it does work with the snake charming flute. As long as you don't mind your sim constantly pulling it out and trying to play it when there is a gap in the queue.

(It's also a lovely way to play for tips in a foreign country if you happen to get that opportunity. Tourists seem to have more money than locals, so they are quite likely to be willing to pony up 500 simoleons in order to get back to sleep.)

Page 264 of 264