Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Changes to our credits guidelines - posted on 12th Feb 2017 at 5:44 PM
Replies: 6407 (Who?), Viewed: 621311 times.
Page 257 of 257
Scholar
#6401 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbot
@igazor
Story Progression has the ability to use custom names for newly spawned/born sims. I would like SP to use both custom names and EA names. However, the only option I found on the wiki is "Use Custom Names Only". Is there a way to use both types of names? Thanks!

I name all of my sims by hex code. Don't you think "00:0a:95:9d:68:16" is a nice name for a baby girl?

It's all or nothing, either the replacement custom names tuning file is used for all sims in the category under consideration (births, immigration, service sims) or it isn't. If you are trying to get a blend of EA and custom names in a world, one approach might be to keep switching the Custom Names options and and off throughout. Another might be to build a custom names file that includes both "kinds" of names you want to see randomly appearing on new sims.

Or have I misunderstood what you were trying to do?
Forum Resident
#6402 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:12 PM
I am looking at kurasoberina's skins and I am very tempted. There are HD and SD skins with quite a difference in file size. I am wondering if the HD versions would be taxing my system a lot?
Forum Resident
#6403 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 4:44 PM
It depends? I recently upgraded to 16GB RAM and picked on of kurasoberina's skins and grabbed an HD one. It looks good in my game (high Sim detail), although the rest of my PC is not the greatest.
Forum Resident
#6404 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 8:46 PM
Thanks! I have 16GB RAM as well, so that helps in the decision making!
Field Researcher
#6405 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 10:15 PM
@igazor

Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
It's all or nothing, either the replacement custom names tuning file is used for all sims in the category under consideration (births, immigration, service sims) or it isn't.

Thanks for the reply. You've understood my query exactly. Just to clarify, if "Use Custom Names Only" being enabled means only using names from the tuning file, what's the source of names used by SP when this option is disabled?

I have a question about Cupcake as well: can it be made to stock the shelves with single servings instead of group servings?

00:0a:95:9d:68:16 would make a good plumbot name.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Scholar
#6406 Old Yesterday at 12:43 AM
Quote:
@igazorThanks for the reply. You've understood my query exactly. Just to clarify, if "Use Custom Names Only" being enabled means only using names from the tuning file, what's the source of names used by SP when this option is disabled?

I have a question about Cupcake as well: can it be made to stock the shelves with single servings instead of group servings?

If the option is not enabled, then EA names will be used. Where in the game files those names actually are is I'm afraid beyond me. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how this is supposed to work.

No on the single servings except for recipes that only exist in single servings. But the current version of Cupcake (v6) allows sims both active and inactive to purchase single servings of food from the group servings on the racks and displays instead of having to buy an entire group serving each time -- in other words, a slice of pie or one sandwich, whatever it is, instead of the entire pie or platter. Or they can buy the whole thing at a much higher price. What's also different here is that inactive sims will shop the racks and displays to relieve hunger and they actually get to eat the food they bought, as opposed to the EA way where inactives shop to relieve fun and the food just disappears after being purchased.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Cupcake+Revision+Notes
Field Researcher
#6407 Old Yesterday at 8:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by igazor
But the current version of Cupcake (v6) allows sims both active and inactive to purchase single servings of food from the group servings on the racks and displays instead of having to buy an entire group serving each time [...] What's also different here is that inactive sims will shop the racks and displays to relieve hunger and they actually get to eat the food they bought [...][/url]

That's perfect, igazor; thank you! I didn't realize Cupcake has been updated to have serving options and now makes NPCs eat (the latter is a major beef many players have with the bakery set). Now if only the next iteration of GoHere would come along--there are many venue ideas in my head waiting for it.

Own Grandma's Canning Station? Check out the Canning Station Overhaul.
Field Researcher
#6408 Old Yesterday at 7:37 PM
Quote:

Yeah, he'll answer to "Mac" too.
Page 257 of 257