Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 11:48 AM
Replies: 373 (Who?), Viewed: 16972 times.
Page 15 of 15
Theorist
#351 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'm 25.


Is your birthday in the middle of a year? Because you've gone up two ages since the last time you posted your age on this thread. I've only gone up one number.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#352 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:41 AM
My 11th years of bein here at MTS is comin up in 2 weeks. I guess that means I signed up when I was 36.

Wow ... 2006, that was like a lifetime ago.
#353 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 5:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmful
Is your birthday in the middle of a year? Because you've gone up two ages since the last time you posted your age on this thread. I've only gone up one number.


Beginning of September. At least three times my birthday fell on the day I returned to school! Not a pleasant birthday gift, that.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Test Subject
#354 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 6:15 AM
I'm 21! I have an in-depth account of my simming history somewhere on the forums, but I started with The Sims as a very young child, then graduated on to Sims 2 and never was interested at all in Sims 3 or 4.
Field Researcher
#355 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:14 PM
@maxon i meant 37 sorry! i can be really dumb sometimes...well most of the time
Lab Assistant
#356 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 7:00 PM
Uh...I'm only 17 (and discovered MTS this year, oops) and I honestly feel like being 12 or 13. I also kind of grew up with Sims 2 although I barely remember it since i couldn't even read when it came out. But my older sister has proof of me "playing" (=clicking wildly) when only being 3 or 4 years old.

Fun Facts about me:
1. My name is not Jezz
2. I don't have any households in Pleasantview
3. Last time I checked, I owned 4 copies of the Sims 2
4. I'm one of the authors of this site
Mad Poster
#357 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:00 PM Last edited by grammapat : 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:43 PM. Reason: really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joandsarah77
Actually she may not want to, there are rules on joining age here.

Something I must have forgotten...now I'm curious
============
I can't find anything about age requirements to have account here..

Namaste
Mad Poster
#358 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
36... and in about 25 years, I'll qualify for toxic granny status in the flame warriors roster.

Am I one? Toxic granny? And can also be "flame warrior"? don't think that's a good thing..

Namaste
Theorist
#359 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:08 PM
Oh, Toxic Granny is just an archetype of flame warrior - her dossier is on the "Flame Warriors" website. Toxic Granny may be old, but she's just as aggressive as many of the younger whipper-snappers. Because of her age, she will have many allies, and people will tend to defer to her. Prudent flame warriors will avoid confrontation with the Toxic Granny because losing to her is humiliating, but there is no honor in defeating her in a flame war. Basically, a lose-lose situation.

My Sims 2 Blog - info and stories

Am I the only one who fogs up her glasses when eating Kung Pao noodles?
#360 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Something I must have forgotten...now I'm curious
============
I can't find anything about age requirements to have account here..


In websites based in the US (which MTS is, if I'm not mistaken), there's the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) - webmasters can't collect personal information from those under 13 without parental permission. Seeing as parental permission is such a hassle to get, it's easier to just disallow those under 13 from registering. It's pretty serious, with fines of like $40,000.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Scholar
#361 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
In websites based in the US (which MTS is, if I'm not mistaken), there's the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) - webmasters can't collect personal information from those under 13 without parental permission. Seeing as parental permission is such a hassle to get, it's easier to just disallow those under 13 from registering. It's pretty serious, with fines of like $40,000.


I thought MTS was UK based... hmmm...
Instructor
#362 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDacapo
Oh, Toxic Granny is just an archetype of flame warrior - her dossier is on the "Flame Warriors" website. Toxic Granny may be old, but she's just as aggressive as many of the younger whipper-snappers. Because of her age, she will have many allies, and people will tend to defer to her. Prudent flame warriors will avoid confrontation with the Toxic Granny because losing to her is humiliating, but there is no honor in defeating her in a flame war. Basically, a lose-lose situation.

Wha... What language is this?

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
#363 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:52 PM
Actually, you might be right - my memory's pretty fried. Nonetheless, if it's hosted in the US, it falls under their jurisdiction.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
#364 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketching
Wha... What language is this?


Flame Warriors are people who like to fight online. Go to the comments section of any news website (unless they're replaced with one of those shitty facebook comment plugins) and you'll likely see one.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Instructor
#365 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:55 PM
Based on the time stamps of the posts and my current time, the time stamps correlate with the time in the UK. I'm not sure if that actually helps.

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
#366 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:57 PM
Nah - it's likely using Greenwich Mean Time. A website I used to run used it even though I'm in Canada and it was hosted in California.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#367 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
In websites based in the US (which MTS is, if I'm not mistaken), there's the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) - webmasters can't collect personal information from those under 13 without parental permission. Seeing as parental permission is such a hassle to get, it's easier to just disallow those under 13 from registering. It's pretty serious, with fines of like $40,000.

===
...we all know there are under-13s here. Stay hidden, my little flowers! But hay, if the kid is not IN the US, how can this US law apply to them?

Namaste
#368 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:04 PM
Well, the law is only supposed to apply to American children. But it's easier just to ban all of them.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur.

My memory is poor, so please take anything I say with a grain of salt. | Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too!
Mad Poster
#369 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:15 PM
Right up there with people who want to ban guns, thus stopping Bad people from using them on the rest of us..

Namaste
Instructor
#370 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Flame Warriors are people who like to fight online. Go to the comments section of any news website (unless they're replaced with one of those shitty facebook comment plugins) and you'll likely see one.

What went through my head was this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfi...s/?id=823460918

My life is a series of incomprehensible sketches, illegible notes, and running away from angry reptiles. I don't enjoy that last one.
Instructor
#371 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 9:45 PM
I'm
15 years old and have been here for almost 4 years.
Now what dammit?
staff: moderator
#372 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Something I must have forgotten...now I'm curious
============
I can't find anything about age requirements to have account here..

It's 13.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBrat
I thought MTS was UK based... hmmm...

NotDelphy is English but he's based in the Netherlands. (I think - he's an hour ahead of me anyway).

Polgannon: Who Murdered Blaise Penhaligan?
(3rd ed. neighbourhood now available with corrections). Poll: http://strawpoll.me/6689876

Polls: length of neighbourhood play: http://www.strawpoll.me/10908815 & http://www.strawpoll.me/10908842

Thread for yakking about making TS2 stuff
Inventor
#373 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Nah - it's likely using Greenwich Mean Time. A website I used to run used it even though I'm in Canada and it was hosted in California.
It actually says at the bottom of every page that "All times are GMT+1". This makes sense as Delphy, the site owner, is based in the Netherlands, which is in the same timezone as France and Spain.

I can vouch for the validity of the above statement myself - I live in England, where the clocks went back to GMT last Sunday, and my post on this thread last night reads "posted at 01:57am". At 01:57am GMT, my laptop was switched off, as I needed to be in bed because I was working the following morning!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.

My MTS Yearbook 2014 page
Mad Poster
#374 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:59 PM
You can set the time to your local area, you know. It's somewhere in your personal settings.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 15 of 15
Back to top