Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 2:12 AM Last edited by Prime : 20th Jul 2016 at 4:41 AM.
Default trying to make custom hair mesh for sims 2 and getting this error message.
im trying to make a custom hair mesh in the sims 2. (it's my first custom hair mesh)
so far this is EXACTLY everything i did:
-went into body shop, created a new hair color (the pigtail mesh from the basegame to be exact), exported it, imported it back into the sims 2
-went into SimPE, created a new file
-clicked tools>>PJSE>>body mesh tool>> extracting stage and found my newly created hair file in the 'saved sims folder'
-saved the new file created
-reopened the file and did the 'fix integrity tool' step

THEN,
-i opened the file in the 'saved sim' folder in SimPE -i highlighted the 3D ID referencing file in the resource list (i wanted to make it for adult females first, but then all the other ages for females)
-clicked tools>>PJSE>>body mesh tool>>linking stage... found my newly created package file.
BUT ended up getting this error message:

can someone please tell me what i did wrong? is there anything else i need to do?
i tried reading some of the hair meshing tutorials but everything i found is outdated and complicated to follow because they all link me to other tutorials. I do have experience with creating objects and accessories for the sims 2. but what do i need to do differently with the hair?
please help.