Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5051 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 4:23 AM
Advertisement
Instructor
#5052 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:29 AM
Ohmygosh Trapping came back to the community. Isn't that great?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#5053 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 2:49 AM
Mad Poster
#5054 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 3:23 AM
I second, really?? Whereeee *runs off to find it*

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Space Pony
#5055 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:31 AM
I am the opposite

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5056 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
I was just wondering... how long does it take for your guys' games to boot up? My Downloads folder is at a mere 1.65GB atm from recently reinstalling the game, and the main loading screen/CAS/etc. barely takes a minute, maybe 30 seconds or so. I'd assume it'd be hell if you're someone with like 7GB? I mean, I use the BRU to clear out the spaces and such so files load faster.

12 GB takes about half an hour. I go clean while it loads. My old folder with 18Gigs also took an hour.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5057 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 3:16 PM
My game has never taken more than 5 minutes to load - I wouldn't play it otherwise. It's currently about 3 minutes with just under 7GB. I'd probably add moar stuff but I struggle now to find stuff in the catalogue so lost interest a while back. I have been experimenting with collections which has helped a bit.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#5058 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:04 PM
Mine takes around a minute to load, with a cheap HP computer and 529 MB in the Downloads folder.

Gotta love it when your Sim walks into another Sim's dorm room, starts poking and shoving her...then pauses to wave 'hello' before carrying on the attack!
Mad Poster
#5059 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 4:10 PM
I have about 729 MB in my Downloads folder, and it takes about 30 seconds to load
Inventor
#5060 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
Gotta love it when your Sim walks into another Sim's dorm room, starts poking and shoving her...then pauses to wave 'hello' before carrying on the attack!

I've witnessed Sims apologize to one another before getting into a fistfight the next minute.

Speaking of dormitories, since the cow mascot behaves differently when summoned, the people who he/she affected in a negative manner will get in a line to shove, slap and poke the mascot repeatedly until the cows come home. At one occasion two dormies were taking turns doing nothing but shoving the cow, which resulted in them getting shoved back.

Maybe if the cow wasn't so udderly harsh with everyone, nobody would be a bad mood. Yet, that's how they are.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#5061 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:40 PM
From the description of Cyjons Apology Fury Fix mod ( http://www.cyjon.net/node/374 ) his mod makes apologies lower fury like they were supposed to. Apparently something got borked in the coding.
Scholar
#5062 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alpal425
I was just wondering... how long does it take for your guys' games to boot up?

3-6 minutes, depending on exactly how much CC is on my computer (it can vary between 3 and 5 GB, depending on how I felt during the most recent download mod switcharound), whether I remembered to let my computer finish loading Windows before playing and whether I have my browser on in the background.
Scholar
#5063 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 2:36 AM
That feeling when you're working on a house for two hours then the game crashes.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5064 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 2:42 PM
Ugh - poor Dezzy

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#5065 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 8:18 PM
Having browsed the recent thread about how to easily corrupt a neighborhood or the entire game, it made me ponder about one of my custom neighborhoods on my laptop. I know it's not recommended to install and then place previously occupied homes to be lived by new Sims. I did so because I forgot to grab the original packages (same homes that were never occupied) before I uninstalled the game, removed the Sims 2 folder from My Documents, and reinstalled from Origin.

This was over a year ago, at around the same time this neighborhood was created shortly after.

Since then, regardless of that predicament, I never witnessed any serious signs of corruption or less significant signs that appeared more frequently. I honestly expected this neighborhood to face the apocalypse sooner or later, so I perceived it more as a crutch while I was getting a brand new neighborhood running on my XP tower, one that I'll also be transferring to my laptop the instant every one of my playables are settled in (btw I'm also finished after several months of game play).

Could be a few reasons why I've been fortuitous, like using empty templates, the MATY hacks that prevent regeneration of most Sim types (except I like having strays regenerated), using the Hood Checker to check and remove certain problems, using the batbox to clear gossip, etc.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#5066 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 8:28 PM
We don't know how much of a danger the sim references in a lived-in lot are. And even a badly corrupted hood can be playable for a long time, as evidenced by the number of people who've played the original base game neighborhoods as shipped for long periods. This is one of the places in which chaos theory applies. A lot of randomness goes on with corruption.

So look both ways before you cross the street and don't let fear of being run over keep you from taking a walk; and don't imagine that, just because you haven't been looking both ways and haven't been run over yet, looking both ways is a waste of time.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5067 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:51 AM
Sigh... I really need to figure out a new desktop so I can get back to being able to build thing in TS2 again... I miss it.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Theorist
#5068 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Sigh... I really need to figure out a new desktop so I can get back to being able to build thing in TS2 again... I miss it.

*hands Zarathustra a dollar* ...
Alchemist
#5069 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 5:47 AM
So more dangerous fire is really dangerous. Especially in those open concept homes.

...I kinda like it though.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5070 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 5:52 AM
Realistic and VERY scary.

Also, does anyone use name generators and kinda mix different ethnic names for some weird combos? Like Swedish/Japanese or something like that?
Mad Poster
#5071 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
Also, does anyone use name generators and kinda mix different ethnic names for some weird combos? Like Swedish/Japanese or something like that?

I use BoilingOil's replacement name list, which seems to have that effect by itself.
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=908
Mad Poster
#5072 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Phantomknight]So more dangerous fire is really dangerous. Especially in those open concept homes.

...I kinda like it though.[/QUOTE
The thing about fires is that they are very destructive but it's in a very confined area. I would like a fire that could consume the entire home, the way fires often do IRL. I know there are bombs I can set, but I would have to have them in my inventory, and, while I have a mod that let's me save when there's a fire, I don't think I have one that lets me access inventory.

You know, I wouldn't want all my sims' houses to burn down; I'm not a monster. But, like the idiots who start making lobster and then just wander off to swim in the hot tub or take a bubble bath, yeah,they deserve to lose their houses, sometimes.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#5073 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 4:02 PM
Fire bombs.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Scholar
#5074 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:23 PM
More dangerous fire. is that a mod, and if so, where can I get it?

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
#5075 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 7:47 PM
Paladin made a couple that used to be on SimWardrobe. You can get them from ihatemandatoryregister's Sim File Share. The ones you're looking for are "Wrath of the Gods" and "Incendiary Bomb"

http://simfileshare.net/folder/15690/

Descriptions:

Wrath of the Gods (I think this is the red vase)
Quote: Originally posted by Paladin
This statue will allow you to release several disasters of biblical proportions on your sims. These disasters range from lightning storms and rain of fire to the ever popular plague of locusts. Warning: Use if this product may result in injury, death and/or loss of consortium. You can find it in the object catalog under decorative/sculptures.

Incendiary Bomb
The incendiary bomb will set fire to all tiles within the specified radius. All objects and sims that are on tiles that are set ablaze will likewise catch on fire (some objects do not burn, see below). The bombs blast radius can be adjusted from 1 to 8 tiles. You can find this object under Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous in the object catalog.

If you use the incendiary bomb, you may also want the Fire Brigade mod.
http://simfileshare.net/folder/15677/
The Fire Brigade will spawn one firefighter for every seven tiles of fire on the lot, up to a maximum of eight. This fix should work with all versions of The Sims 2.

Notes:
This a hack, not an object.

The game will create extra firefighters in your neighborhood as required for firefighting. Neighborhoods usually start with just three, so potentially you could get five additional firefighters if you like to play with fire.

This package only changes the number of firefighters that respond to big fires. It affects nothing else.
Page 203 of 516