Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Zena-Dew-Drop : 22nd Mar 2017 at 5:47 AM.
Default Default Object Confusion
Okay, I'll try and explain this in the least confusing way possible. So far this is the most complicated thing I've tried in terms of creating, so please bear in mind I might not understand everything right away.

I want to use a mistletoe mesh by Nanu, to replace the Holiday pack's mistletoe. I want to change the mesh and texture, but have it still work the same.

I've got a mesh and a texture, but I'm not sure how to actually replace it. I cloned the mistletoe, and replaced the GMDC and texture, but it's not working. SimPE says it can't find the parent CRES, so it can't load the joint heirarchy. I'm not sure what this means, or if it's just with this object or others. I can replace them both, but the texture doesn't apply to the mesh, and in-game, the mesh doesn't show up. There's no thumbnail either.

I'm really not sure what I'm doing wrong since this is all new to me.
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 2:18 PM
For a default to work you only need the resources you are changing, in this case, the GMDC and TXTR. When trying to preview the GMDC in SimPE without all resources it always gives that message. If you cloned the mistletoe, make sure you have all boxes unchecked in OW.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 3:51 AM
Thank you