Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 10:33 PM
Merging scripts from different objects?
Hello everyone!

I know absolutely nothing about scripting and such, but i do know how to edit OBJK's to change what script an object is using. Like making an ordinary shelf work as a savvy seller shelf and such.

Now, the biggest thing that bothers me in s3 right now is the fact that i have to have 3 different stoves in my kitchen if i want to cook, bake and make preserves. What i would like is ONE single stove with ALL the interactions (I obviously have the baker station and the canning station installed already ).

My question; Is that possible?

If this is the wrong place for this question, please direct me to the right place to ask. Thank you!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 2:18 AM
Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but look at what was uploaded here just now.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for, but look at what was uploaded here just now.

Thanks! Hopefully it can add multiple scripts to one object as well as keep the original script. :D
Field Researcher
#4 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 10:40 AM
The recipes from the store objects were added to the normal stove with this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=523004 Maybe this will help you^^
I don't think you can give an object more than one script.. you could try making a new script and deriving it from all the others...
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#5 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 3:02 PM
The mod Grijzepilion linked is basically a mod that adds a script to the mesh (Or well, edits the OBJD file), but only one script. 2 scripts at once would be impossible, unless you linked them in some sort of way which isn't possible with the sims 3 unless you script it in a certain way that's beyond my scripting knowledge >.< So you either want to alter the script itself and include some of the strings used in the other code to make it functionable.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
The mod Grijzepilion linked is basically a mod that adds a script to the mesh (Or well, edits the OBJD file), but only one script. 2 scripts at once would be impossible, unless you linked them in some sort of way which isn't possible with the sims 3 unless you script it in a certain way that's beyond my scripting knowledge >.< So you either want to alter the script itself and include some of the strings used in the other code to make it functionable.

And, I assume, giving an object two classes would cause major conflicts as well. I can't imagine that would work without major, manual, modifications to the code.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#7 Old 27th Mar 2017 at 9:49 PM
Exactly! Although maybe somehow adding the interactions to the stove script(which I guess, in someway might be possible?) would do the job? I wouldn't copy/paste random lines in it though, since they're all built up in a way to make it readable for the game :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob

I thought so, asked the creator but haven't gotten an answer yet. But like i said, i know how to change/add a script using S3PE so that mod might be redundant.
I was thinking that making a new script was an option, but i wasn't sure since i'm a complete novis in the scripting department.
Reading myself to knowledge is a bit hard because english isn't my first language, but man maybe i should try.

Thanks for the reply btw!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyTheSnowcat
The recipes from the store objects were added to the normal stove with this mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=523004 Maybe this will help you^^
I don't think you can give an object more than one script.. you could try making a new script and deriving it from all the others...

I actually have this mod, i think. I guessif i do i never actually tried it out enough to realise.
I wonder if it also has the canning station interactions.

If not i have an unconventional idea. :P