Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 2:00 AM
Can't wait to see them!

I think I just found out which building I'm going to do next. What do you think of that kind of city hall:

I think I've fallen in love with this building :lovestruc
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 1:59 AM
Alright, Ive got a larger home for the world. Please give me some feedback about it. Its unfurnished, but I can furnish it, if you would like.
Screenshots

Good music is like a candy bar; All you have to do is throw out the rappers.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 2:10 AM Last edited by lanawinst : 24th Feb 2010 at 2:22 AM.
Great! Yes, you'll need to furnish it. What is the size of your lot? I'm waiting for the pictures to comment more.

Edit: oh and here they are!

It's a nice-looking house with a good floorplan But the overall looks really too american for our theme (ranch-like). What we would really need right now is some starters or some town center houses and your house would not fit for that either. Could you maybe take some tiny lot (same size as the starters Plasticbox uses) and try making a starter? For the overall look and design of the house you could get inspired by the pictures I posted and I could find more if you need.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 2:48 AM
Yeah, I see where your coming from. Ive got the CAW worlds up, too! Its in the world thread.

#30 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 2:51 AM
Wow, the City Hall looks great, Lana. I'm looking forward to seeing your recreation of it.

And that's a lovely home, Beaver. I started building too and although it isn't finished yet, I just wanted to give you guys a preview. I took Lana's advice and built the Swordfish Bar & Grill on the lot where the Recurve Stand used to be:

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:26 AM
That's a really good start! It already has a lot of potential I really like your use of the balconies and the back with access to the sea, and the color is in tune, maybe a more used plaster?

One thing feels a little off, I think you should use some kind of elevation since it's directly on the beach. Like that kind of foundation or the wood one:

And I also think it's because the front feels a little too boxy, why not trying to play with the levels? And change the roof? You could for example have a front leveled with a foundation or pilars and the back straight to the sea. Or having everything leveled with a right/left leveling,etc Just throwing examples here, you don't have to follow exactly what I say

I hope you see what I mean otherwise I could explain more what I mean :P
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:24 AM
Alright I have that starter up and running. Now Im gonna go hit the sack, im tired.
Screenshots

#33 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:30 AM
Thanks, Lana! I'll add a foundation like you suggested and I'll consider doing something about the front. I was actually thinking of using the orange shingled roof but stuck to the tin. I'll change it back to the orange one...lol

Your starter's nice and cozy, Beaver. I think I'm gonna go to bed too and make changes to the Swordfish when I get up. Goodnight!
#34 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 10:58 AM
Hey, everyone. Here's an update on the Swordfish where SimGirlTasia's character Talula could work (if she wants her to). I haven't furnished the second floor but the bar/grill area is done. Is there anything out of place? Should I make more changes?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#35 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 11:55 AM Last edited by lanawinst : 24th Feb 2010 at 12:09 PM.
Could you please both give my your houses sizes so that I could add it to the list? Thanks!

Beav, I agree with charming, there's a lot of nice things in your building and I'm feeling the cozy already. I'm very demanding, sorry, but I'd like our world to be perfect so could you make it really narrow and with at least 2 floors nthat don't have to be at the same level ? You could make 2 buildings in one to make it look less empty, at least for the outside, and with balconies. It would be great if it could looks more like that type of houses:

Charming, I already love your interior. It's both looking rough and old, I can even picture some drunk fisherman burping inside
For the exterior already much better! It's still a little boxy and monotone so Why not changing the foundation wall paper, try some woods? For the roof, I actually liked the black better but it could be more used. After all the combination of sand and wind etc doesn't help. What I meant was that its form is too boxy. Instead of having one roof, try having more roof parts using your house form. Add some kind of advanced thing, a 3rd floor tower, there's many thing you could do with that nice start. You'll have also to landscape it a lot I'm afraid but I'm sure you're up to the challenge
#36 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 12:25 PM
Thanks, Lana. Glad you like the interior. The bar/grill area was actually my favorite part of building this particular lot. And LOL @ the drunk fisherman burping.

I'm not sure what the exact size is but it's where the Recurve Stand used to be in Sunset Valley. I'll go check when I load the game and I'll bring back the old roof...lol. I'm not very good at landscaping but I'll give it a go.
#37 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 12:52 PM
Okay, I went into the game and made the necessary changes. The lot size of the Swordfish Bar & Grill is 40x30.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 1:07 PM Last edited by lanawinst : 24th Feb 2010 at 1:17 PM.
Wow! Crazy how little things can brings so much!

I like how your entry is now and your foundation is looking really nice, maybe some wood stairs would fit better with it? Just little things, sorry The roof of the back is placed nicely but i'll use another form, the half gable one. And you have to put something for the door of the second stairs or people are gonna get wet. We don't want that, do we? Try maybe adding some shutters and see what it looks like.

Edit: just thinking, what about putting the stairs to the second floor the other way getting to the sea and putting the stairs to the second entry to the side?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 2:57 PM
sleepyrose, since we started building could you maybe take care of Crystal Summers house?
#40 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 3:29 PM
Yeah, I'm quite happy with the front as well. You're right, though, the back needs work. So you want the stairs leading up to the second floor to face the sea and the stairs facing the sea to be on the side? I could do that but I'll probably have to move the bathroom since it's currently just behind the second floor staircase.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#41 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Yeah, I'm quite happy with the front as well. You're right, though, the back needs work. So you want the stairs leading up to the second floor to face the sea and the stairs facing the sea to be on the side? I could do that but I'll probably have to move the bathroom since it's currently just behind the second floor staircase.

That's right except that I meant the front second entry stairs on the side, to have stairs all along the house and a less frontal result (hard for me to express it otherwise, sorry ) But you don't have to, I'm just giving you ideas on how we could improve it even more. But that doesn't mean you can't change the back stairs too.
#42 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lanawinst
That's right except that I meant the front second entry stairs on the side, to have stairs all along the house and a less frontal result (hard for me to express it otherwise, sorry ) But you don't have to, I'm just giving you ideas on how we could improve it even more. But that doesn't mean you can't change the back stairs too.

Oh okay, I get it now. I was trying to make it resemble one of the buildings in the pictures you used as reference, with stairs leading up to the second floor. I could turn it the other way around and maybe get rid of the back stairs.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:15 PM
I don't get what you're going to change. It's ok I'll just wait and see. The pictures I put as reference are better for buildings with streets, as they're made to be all about the front since they're stuck on each other, but since you're building directly on the beach and that it's a lonely building it's better to create a different dynamic and take care of the sides etc too. You understand what I'm trying to say?
#44 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:28 PM
Okay, cool. I'll try to make it it more appropriate for a beach setting. What I was gonna do was turn the second floor stairs the other way around but I guess it wouldn't hurt to just get rid of them altogether and have another staircase leading up to the second floor from the back.
Forum Resident
#45 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:47 PM
Wow, so many posts! I almost lost track...

I would love to build Christal Summers' house. What should the size be?

Just for reference, I have some pictures of a house I build for an old granny that lives there with her grand daughter. Is this style anything close to what you have in mind for the village?
Of course if I build Christal Summers' house, it would look a bit more modern and less granny

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 4:56 PM
Wow! That house is so pretty! :lovestruc

The colors are definitely Mediterranean, but it's a little bit two big and rural for Cristal. She's gonna live in the center of the town (I already put pictures of the type of houses you can find in the downtown just upside) so I'm going to need a more narrow and high kind of lots. As said before you can even use the space to do 2 buildings side by side since we need a real intricate look (and add another roommate). The back can be use for a little garden or courtyard. The ideal size would be 15x25 or 10x25 depending on your needs. If you have anything else to ask, go ahead

Charming, do as you think is best, I'm sure it's going to be nice.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 5:17 PM
Wow so many nice buildings and lots. although i didn't read all the posts but i did read a few.

Lana: What beautiful work. I can't wait to see your recreation of that building the clock tower will be the best

Charming: your bar is so beautiful i love it and i haven't even played it lol Talula looks like she will fit in great there.

sleepyrose: Your house is beautiful. i think you will do such a great job on Crystal's House as your a wonderful builder

Beaver: That is a lovely home. I so love that starter house it looks so cozy

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Wiki Wizard
#48 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 7:38 PM
Hi there everyone Nice to meet ya all! I don't know who has dibs on what it terms of all the buildings and such but these are the ones that i would like to build:
-Fish trading company mansion
-Day spa
-Bookstore
-Bar
-Antiques shop
Has anyone else already claimed these as ones that their building? If not then i'll start straight away Also are we using WA expansion pack or not?

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#49 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 7:49 PM
The lots already claimed are the following (it's written in the first post with the list of the buildings):
-Library & Coffee shop
-Diner/grill-fish restaurant
-City hall
-Starter n.1
-Crystal Summers house

So go ahead
Wiki Wizard
#50 Old 24th Feb 2010 at 7:58 PM
Woo ok i'll claim all of the above ^.^ i might start the antiques shop now and are we using WA, because i need to know what to have or not have installed

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.

Page 2 of 51