Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2016 at 9:53 PM Last edited by DemonSpawn666 : 13th Aug 2017 at 4:18 AM. Reason: Clarification
Default The Caste Challenge
I have read many challenges and I don't think this is copying any old ones. I edited this for clarity and to add a few a few more things.

Backstory:
Sunset Valley, and all of the other towns, have been taken over by a new government. This government runs the towns in a caste like system. You and your significant other just moved here, and have been assigned your new castes. (Note: the higher castes are better) The castes are defined like this:

1. Businessperson, unemployed, politician - also children of the super-rich

Can own anything.
Can go to all locations.

2. Performance artist, actor
Can go to all locations.
Can buy anything but pools.

3. Police officer, firefighter, doctor
Can go to all locations.
Can buy anything but pools, hot tubs, or items over $6,000 in value.

4. Journalist
Can go to all locations but public pools.
No birth control(sims can't woohoo only try for baby/risky woohoo or use dice, see rolls below)
Cannot own pools, hot tubs, items over $5,000 in value, or electronics other than computers, stereos, video game consoles and T.V.’s.

5. Scientist, inventor, alchemist
Can go to all locations but pools and clubs.
No birth control
Cannot own pools, hot tubs, items over $4,000 in value, or electronics other than T.V.’s, TV based consoles, and stereos.

6. Artist, musician

Can go to all locations but pools, libraries, and clubs except in the event of a band gig play in them.
No birth control.
Cannot own pools, hot tubs, items over $4,000 in value, or caste five hobby objects (such as inventing table, science thing, etc.)

7. Babysitter, cook
Can go to all locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, and libraries.
No birth control.
Cannot own pools, hot tubs, items over $3,000 in value, caste five hobby items, or art supplies.

8. Athlete
Can go to all locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, and libraries; once a week can go to grocery store, and bookstore.
No birth control.
Cannot own pools, hot tubs, items over $2,000 dollars in value, caste five hobby items, art supplies, or toys.

9. Unemployed, criminal, part time job
All locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, bookstore** and libraries; once a week can go to grocery store**
No birth control
Cannot own pools, hot tubs, items over $2,000 dollars in value, caste five hobby items, art supplies, or toys.
No houses, only tents and other makeshift shelters.
**unless they work there.
Marriage
All castes are allowed to marry and date if the two people who want to marry or have a romantic relationship are less than two castes apart, there are no questions asked, flirt away ! If there are more than two levels between the two, you must roll a six sided dice(a good site is https://www.random.org/dice/). If the number is from 1-4 your sims attentions were unaccepted and they are thrown down to caste 9. If you get a five or six, you can continue, flirt away .

Rolling for birth control
Because the base rate of success for the "try for a baby" interaction is so high, feel free to use this system so you don't end up with hundreds of children. Before you direct your sims to... ummm.... get down to business roll a ten sided dice. If you use nraas woohooer, 1-5 normal woohoo, 6-9 risky woohoo, 10 try for a baby. If not, 1-8 normal woohoo, and 9-10.

I hope this is a fun challenge, and feel free to modify the caste rules. Have fun, and post pics! Happy Simming
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Apr 2016 at 2:33 PM Last edited by Heart Sims : 21st Apr 2016 at 2:46 PM.
I'm just asking, did you get this from the Selection Series? Also, can I choose any Caste I want? How do you move up a Caste? Do you marry up into that Caste, and how do you tell what Caste that person is in? I know I have a lot of questions, but please tell me!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Heart Sims
I'm just asking, did you get this from the Selection Series? Also, can I choose any Caste I want? How do you move up a Caste? Do you marry up into that Caste, and how do you tell what Caste that person is in? I know I have a lot of questions, but please tell me!

Yes I did get the idea from the Selection Series, it is a great series that I love. To Start off you can choose any Caste, but I recommend a lower Caste, because it give you something to work towards. Yes, you can marry up, but if you want, you can make it harder and marry down. I personally, just look at what job they have, and see what level they fit into. Obviously, sometime that doesn't make sense, but it is simplest. Also you could look at their wealth ad just give them a number, its up to you. I hope that answers all of your questions, if you have more, feel free to ask! Happy Simming
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 6:35 PM
What is a "caste??"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frozengirl1234
What is a "caste??"

According to google, and implied by Hindu society, a caste is "the system of dividing society into hereditary classes," or "any class or group of people who inherit exclusive privileges or are perceived as socially distinct." Basically, it is a society based rigidly on social classes, so much so that your entire live, job, spouse, etc. is determined by you classification. Hope that helps!
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st May 2016 at 5:22 PM
I rewrote it to make it a lil easier to understand(I didn't change rules)
1. businessperson, politician - also children of the super-rich
a. Can go to all public locations
b. Own anything

a. Can go all locations
b. Can buy anything but pools

a. Can go to all locations
b. Can buy anything but pools, hot tubs, or items over $6,000 in value

4. Journalist
a. All locations but public pools
b. Cannot own; pools or hot tubs plus no birth control, or items over $6,000 in value, or electronics other than computers, stereos, video game consoles and T.V.’s

a. All locations but pools and clubs
b. Cannot own; pools,,hot-tubs, or items over $6,000 in value (anything but TV. Console, and stereo) no art supplies, and birth control

6. Artist, musician
a. All locations but pools, libraries, and clubs except to play in them
b. Cannot own; pools, hot-tubs, (anything but TV. Console, and stereo) , logic or inventor stuff, or items over $6,000 in value,and birth control

7. Babysitter, cook
a. All locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, and libraries
b. Cannot own; pools, hot-tubs, (anything but TV. Console, and stereo) no art supplies, logic or inventor stuff, or items over $6,000 in value, and birth control

8. Athlete
a. All locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, and libraries; once a week can go to grocery store, and bookstore
b. Cannot own; pools, hot-tubs, (anything but TV. Console, and stereo) no art supplies, toys, logic or inventor stuff, or items over $6,000 in value, and birth control

a. All locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, bookstore* and libraries; once a week can go to grocery store*
b. Cannot own; pools, hot-tubs, (anything but TV. Console, and stereo) no art supplies, toys, logic or inventor stuff, birth control, or items over $6,000 in value, and houses
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st May 2016 at 6:16 PM
Can I use these classes(and restrictions) but change up the general rules, add on a little and make this a different challenge called the same thing, I'll link yours though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2016 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simcrafter
Can I use these classes(and restrictions) but change up the general rules, add on a little and make this a different challenge called the same thing, I'll link yours though.

Yeah that would be great! Put a link to that page on this one, too. :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DemonSpawn666
Yeah that would be great! Put a link to that page on this one, too. :D
ok thank you
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 6:04 PM
I was just thinking, it would be cool to have a mix of this and the 100 baby challenge but starting as a 9! ( I cannot play unless my challenges have a mix. ie: ISBI and the 5 item challenge)
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Nov 2016 at 1:46 AM
To pick my caste, I'm going to randomize it and see what I get. I also think it would be cool to add challenges so you can work up similar to how America's brother did in the Selection series.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 8:05 PM
Default Redoing for base game
I rewrote this for base-game: (and for my specific needs)

1. businessperson, politician - also children of the super-rich
b. Own anything

2. Police officer, doctor
b. Cannot own: pools, items over $6,000 in value

3. Journalist
b. Cannot own: pools, items over $6,000 in value, electronics other than computers, stereos, video game consoles and T.V.
c. Cannot use birth control (only try for a baby/risky woohoo)

4. Scientist
a. All locations but public pools and clubs
b. Cannot own: pools, items over $6,000 in value, electronics other than computers, art supplies

5. Artist, musician
a. All locations but public pools, clubs (except to play in them), and libraries
b. Cannot own: pools, items over $6,000 in value, electronics, logic stuff

6. Cook
a. All locations but public pools, clubs, libraries, and art galleries
b. Cannot own: pools, items over $6,000 in value, electronics, logic stuff, art supplies

7. Athlete
a. All locations but public pools, clubs, libraries, and art galleries, bookstore, and once a week they can go to the grocery store
b. Cannot own: pools, items over $6,000 in value, electronics, logic stuff, art supplies, toys

8. Unemployed, criminal, part time job
a. All locations but public pools, clubs, libraries, and art galleries, bookstore (unless they work there) and once a week they can go to the grocery store (unless they work their)
b. Cannot own: pools, items over $6,000 in value, electronics, logic stuff, art supplies, toys, and real houses (fences for walls/outdoors)

Part-time job rules do not apply to teens (level 1 teen can have a job if it's an opportunity/wish)
I was also thinking that if logic stuff/bookstore is banned, you can buy a bookcase and use the books that come with it.

all credit goes to creator
happy simming
tell me anything that is not the actual rules, I will change!!!
Test Subject
#13 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 2:51 AM
I think I'm going to try this out!
Test Subject
#14 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 9:34 AM
Default Caste Challenge on Youtube
Quote: Originally posted by DemonSpawn666
I have read many challenges and I don't think this is copying any old ones.
Backstory:
Sunset Valley, and all of the other towns, have been taken over by a new government. This government runs the towns in a caste like system. You and your significant other just moved here, and have been assigned your new castes. (Note: the higher castes are better) The castes are defined like this:
1. Businessperson, unemployed, politician - also children of the super-rich
a. Can go to all public locations
b. Own anything
a. Can go all locations
b. Can buy anything but pools
b. Can buy anything but pools, hot tubs, or items over $6,000 in value
4. Journalist
b. Cannot own anything that castes 1-3 can’t own plus no birth control(sims can't woohoo only try for baby) or electronics other than computers, stereos, video game consoles and T.V.’s
a. All locations but pools and clubs
b. Cannot own anything that castes 1-4 can’t own plus no electronics other than T.V.’s, TV based consoles, and stereos
6. Artist, musician
a. All locations but pools, libraries, and clubs except to play in them
b. Cannot own anything that castes 1-5 can’t own plus no caste five hobby objects
7. Babysitter, cook
a. All locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, and libraries
b. Cannot own anything that castes 1-6 can’t own plus no art supplies
8. Athlete
a. All locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, and libraries; once a week can go to grocery store, and bookstore
b. Cannot own anything that castes 1-7 can’t own plus no toys
a. All locations but pools, clubs, art galleries, bookstore* and libraries; once a week can go to grocery store*
b. Cannot own anything that castes 1-8 can’t own, plus no houses, only tents and pavilions
* unless they work there

All castes are allowed to marry and date if the two people who want to marry or have a romantic relationship are less than two castes apart, there are no questions asked, flirt away ! If there are more than two levels between the two, you must roll a six sided dice(a good site is https://www.random.org/dice/). If the number is from 1-4 your sims attentions were unaccepted and they are thrown down to caste 9. If you get a five or six, you can continue, flirt away .

I hope this is a fun challenge, and feel free to modify the caste rules. Have fun, and post pics! Happy Simming

This challenge is now a reality here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BJExb7Hfx8
Testing it out see how it works. Stop by.