Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:16 AM
Default how many businesses can i own in the sims 2
was just wondering as i was told its only 2
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:30 AM
Since there's a lifetime want to own five, I doubt it's two. I don't think there is a limit.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:31 AM
I don't think so, because there is a LTW that comes with OFB that says: "Have 5 top-businesses" or something like that: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Lifetime_want
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Since there's a lifetime want to own five, I doubt it's two. I don't think there is a limit.
many thanks m8
Mad Poster
#5 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:21 PM
Keep buying them till it won't let you anymore, and then you'll know.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 1:45 PM
You can own as many community lots as you have money to afford them.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can own as many community lots as you have money to afford them.

Your correct. I have 9 so far. I'm working on buying out the Landgraab's businesses now so soon to be 12.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaiko Espurr Mikkusu
Yeah if your PC run fast enough, i could even run 100 or 200 businesses.
But in TS2 you only play one lot at a time, so surely the computer (processor) speed shouldn't make all that much difference?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 10:58 PM
It's no more data for one sim to own your towns 20 businesses, than it is for 20 families to each own one.
Seeing this is the Sims 2 board most of us here don't care what goes on in the Sims 3.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 3:55 PM
So first you can't have more than five, then you can have 200? Okay :P
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#15 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 10:24 PM
You can have as many as you want, I don't get why anyone thought there was a limit. Just keep on buying them until you are dizzy I guess.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#16 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 2:15 PM
I'd assume the limit for businesses was also the limit for the number of lots in a neighbourhood (a Sim may own a home business, plus every commercial lot in the neighbourhood). I believe there's a limit for lots due to the numbering system, but it is likely to be impossible to reach in practise, since you would run out of roads to put the lots on long before the theoretical maximum lot count was reached.

In theory? It's probably something like 32,768 or 65,554 (8-bit or dual 8-bit) businesses. Good luck actually getting that many businesses!
Scholar
#17 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 4:23 PM
I'm sure there is a limit and that said limit depends on the most delicate system: THE PLAYER'S PATIENCE.
xD