Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#76 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 3:10 PM Last edited by iLSTARinc : 16th Jan 2013 at 1:33 PM.
I'm now in my crash log and well... I've found something weird.

Commandline: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe -f

But the thing is... the 'Game' map... I can't find it. Can it be a bug raises because of a map that disappeared or is that map always 'gone'?
Because later on (in the log) this appears:

[Exception info]
date: 2013-01-13
time: 15.48.44
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000014
address: 0x00e21092 "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00a20092

Can that be the trigger for the bugs?
Further these bugs started for me ever since I installed Seasons + Generations.

EDIT: I've found the map after some searching.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 16th Jan 2013 at 2:25 PM
[Exception info]
date: 2013-01-16
time: 15.10.34
type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000014
address: 0x00e21092 "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe":0x0001:0x00a20092

So I went further and into that map.
First line I get:

"(...)
In the Arena
retired moderator
#78 Old 17th Jan 2013 at 6:10 AM
Map? You mean the game folder path?

It has been speculated from the start this "Exception Raised, Debug Error" error is similar to a DEP crash on Windows system. And since there's no equivalent workaround on a Mac, or no one has figured one out, this still remains one of life's unsolved mysteries.
Test Subject
#79 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 2:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
I encountered this for the first time today after patching to 1.29.

Did the standard troubleshooting of Repairing Permissions, removing caches, and refreshing Preferences, and it worked.

It actually works after the first thing I did - that of Repairing Permissions - but I did the rest just to be thorough.

Here's the full paths. If you don't have some, that's fine just continue on to the next.
  1. repair permissions
    • /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility, "Repair Permissions"
  2. delete preferences
    • /Users/<Username>/Library/Preferences/The Sims 3 Preferences folder
  3. delete caches:
    • <diskname>/Library/Caches/<anything with Sims 3 in it>
    • /Users/<Username>/Library/Caches/<anything with Sims 3 in it>

I tried to go into step 1. /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility, "Repair Permissions" but it failed when I tried to look for Repair Permissions, since I couldn't find it I moved onto the next step.

On step 2: /Users/<Username>/Library/Preferences/The Sims 3 Preferences folder I did all of that, I went into ''Libary'' but there was no '' The Sims 3 Preferences Folder'' :/.. so I tried to go on the next step.

On step 3: <diskname>/Library/Caches/<anything with Sims 3 in it> Also tried this there was nothing with Sims 3 in it.

Sorry your steps didn't work for me.. T_T
In the Arena
retired moderator
#80 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Corinth
Sorry your steps didn't work for me..
That's too bad, sorry to learn that.

But I have follow-up questions.
1. There's no "Repair Permissions" in your "Disk Utility" app? Or, you cannot find the "Disk Utility" app?
2. Has the Sims 3 ever started successfully on this machine, with a saved game? After having successfully save, that you successfully Quit from?
Test Subject
#81 Old 19th Jan 2013 at 2:18 PM
Why wont Sims 3 answer this problem well I hope they will so we will be fulfilled. If they just tell us what to do I will really like follow up and wait for the new Sims 3 University :D!
Test Subject
#82 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 2:04 AM
I've been getting the debug error all day, but the steps leading up to the error are oddly specific.

It only happens when I build a wall in Build Mode, then go to Live Mode and save.

If I add floor tiles or rearrange furniture and save, I don't get the error. It also seems to be happening with only one family. I tried making a copy of the family, but that game crashed when I built a wall and saved, too.

I've tried deleting the caches and running without CC, but nothing works.
Test Subject
#83 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 7:33 AM
For me it's easy.

With Mods & CC the game errors right from starting.
Without it runs perfectly but also at a slower pace as it normally should.
And all the mods I use are updated so...
It's really a mystery.
Test Subject
#84 Old 1st Feb 2013 at 12:42 AM
Default find mirrors mac
Hello,

Changing the name into oldthesims3 really helped! But it still crashes all the time, how can you track the mirrors which are causing this?
Test Subject
#85 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 3:00 AM
I only use the store's custom content myself and know recently my game started crashing. If I find out what has been causing it recently I'll let you guys all know so that we can get the store items fixed for Mac users.
Test Subject
#86 Old 11th Feb 2013 at 5:21 AM
This might solve our problem!!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkxKalAD5XU <--- Link ))

Hope this helps... I currently tried and everything went well ))
Test Subject
#87 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 5:07 PM
after I installled the Sims 3 Generations my hole Sims crached and I can't play it anymore since. I tried everything like cleanmymac and other programs to make it work, but it doesn't work anymore.
Test Subject
#88 Old 14th Feb 2013 at 11:32 AM
I cant even do that!
Quote: Originally posted by henrikc
Well, I would start by opening up the launcher, scrolling through the installed content and delete whatever is reported as "<unknown"
My mirror causing that trouble reported as "<unknown", and even though it'll take it's time (why can't you sort there, for example? It wouldn't be hard to implement, and would make troubleshooting much easier), it's worth a shot.

I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread and i really have no idea what to do. Everytime i play my game crashes with the error. I can seldom play more than 10 minutes in create a sim before my game crashes, an its really frustrating! Im playing on a iMac OS X Lion version 10.7.5 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB. Everytime before i play i always delete my cache.package piles. I cant even scroll trough the installed content because after maybe 20 things the game error appears so i cant delete anything of my CC content. I have no mods installed, not that much CC content and i dont download my CC content from exchange.
My game has crashed 20 times since the last bug report was sent from my computer and it was a couple of days ago!!!
I really dont know what to do!
Test Subject
#89 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by linnea.sofia
I have the same problem as everyone else in this thread and i really have no idea what to do. Everytime i play my game crashes with the error. I can seldom play more than 10 minutes in create a sim before my game crashes, an its really frustrating! Im playing on a iMac OS X Lion version 10.7.5 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB. Everytime before i play i always delete my cache.package piles. I cant even scroll trough the installed content because after maybe 20 things the game error appears so i cant delete anything of my CC content. I have no mods installed, not that much CC content and i dont download my CC content from exchange.
My game has crashed 20 times since the last bug report was sent from my computer and it was a couple of days ago!!!
I really dont know what to do!

I ha dthe same. I had to uninstall the game, and I lost everything, but after I installed it again it did work
Test Subject
#90 Old 20th Feb 2013 at 4:25 PM
I read through this topic a little but I'm still not sure what is causing my problem. I viewed my crash report journal and found this crash report:

Process: cider [19883]
Path: /Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Pets.app/Contents/MacOS/cider
Identifier: com.transgaming.thesims3ep05
Version: 1.0 (1.0)
Build Info: Cedega-5.3~5.3
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]

Date/Time: 2013-02-17 14:28:29.799 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

My game has crashed every time I played it, sometimes after an hour, sometimes immediately. It seems random to me, and I'm getting desperate. Yes I do have some CC installed, both packages and sims3pack files, but not much and the problem is that I'm not sure whether I can delete them or not without making my sims look odd (I have some slider mods).

Any help would be appreciated!
Test Subject
#91 Old 21st Feb 2013 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseHathaway
I read through this topic a little but I'm still not sure what is causing my problem. I viewed my crash report journal and found this crash report:

Process: cider [19883]
Path: /Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/AddOns/The Sims 3 Pets.app/Contents/MacOS/cider
Identifier: com.transgaming.thesims3ep05
Version: 1.0 (1.0)
Build Info: Cedega-5.3~5.3
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]

Date/Time: 2013-02-17 14:28:29.799 +0100
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version: 6

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread: 0 Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

My game has crashed every time I played it, sometimes after an hour, sometimes immediately. It seems random to me, and I'm getting desperate. Yes I do have some CC installed, both packages and sims3pack files, but not much and the problem is that I'm not sure whether I can delete them or not without making my sims look odd (I have some slider mods).

Any help would be appreciated!

Maybe you need to update your game if you have version 1.0
Test Subject
#92 Old 24th Feb 2013 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iamanna
Maybe you need to update your game if you have version 1.0

I tried to Refresh for updates, but it never showed me any updates. So I reinstalled everything (I now have every expansion pack except for Showtime, and I have the High End Lot stuff pack and the Diesel stuff pack) and checked for updates everytime. It doesn't give me bug errors everytime, but my sims have problems walking through doors and interacting (I thought the update said that was supposed to be fixed, so now I'm confused about the game update version I have?). Am I doing something wrong with the updates?
Test Subject
#93 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 2:03 AM
I'm having this error also, except it happens when I try to create a pool - I only click the pool in Build Mode and the game crashes to my desktop. I haven't bought any pool mods or anything. I don't know how it started, because I didn't download a new patch or anything - I was just building a house and wanted to build a pool and the "Do you wish to debug?" thing came up. I click yes - it quits I click no - it quits, too. If this is similar to anyone's problem, PLEASE let me know!!!
Test Subject
#94 Old 3rd Mar 2013 at 11:59 PM
same!

the onlly differnce is, I've downloaded pets ony and since the update i havent even been able to open the game without it popping up
Test Subject
#95 Old 6th Mar 2013 at 12:05 PM
Okay I asked my friend (who isn't a simmer but plays other hardcore games as Skyrim and Deus Ex (for those that know)).
He told me it may be that the updates coming from EA are lacking instead then the rest.
Did someone try with University Life patch/or game now or...? Otherwise we will forever be sitting here and can't play Sims (and I'm having withdrawal symptoms)
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Mar 2013 at 1:51 AM
Default I figured it out
I reg just for an account to show u guys how i did it guys check this link

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t...-how-i-fixed-it

download the sims3 ultimate pack and replace those files and your GOLDEN!

took me a few days to figure it out but i got it!
Test Subject
#97 Old 28th Mar 2013 at 10:13 AM
I'm having the same problem. I believe it means you've downloaded CC that is corrupted.
Test Subject
#98 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 5:58 PM
Default unhandled page fault on read access
Quote: Originally posted by spotlight-shure
About halfway through loading my town, i get an error that says:
Exception Raised
Unhandled Page Fault on read access to 0x00000 at address 0x00ce2lb9
Do you wish to debug?
Yes or No

I've clicked both, both end my game.

I've looked everywhere for an answer.
I'm running a macbook pro. I have all min. requirements for the game.
I never had this problem before installing Generations.
I just want to play dammnit, for the amount of money i've spent.

Can anyone help?

hello
im having a similar issue where when my game has finished playing that trailer you always get when you start the game, suddenly it stops and goes to a smaller black blank screen saying this message ( and the same when i try to upload content and remove installed content): unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x0072a347.
what on heaven and earth does this mean?????
please help me as i can no longer play my game and im very annoyed over it because i absolutely adore my sims 3 game and everything about it (there should be a sims ambulance to sort these things out lol "sims 3 ambulance coming through"
Test Subject
#99 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IndianQueen
I'm having the same problem. I believe it means you've downloaded CC that is corrupted.
oh um..... i do have quite a fair bit of cc downloaded but it wont let me uninstall it tho check out my previous post to this and u'll see what the error message is, do u understand it??????? cuz i have no idea what the message means
Test Subject
#100 Old 29th Mar 2013 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims3seasons9
oh um..... i do have quite a fair bit of cc downloaded but it wont let me uninstall it tho check out my previous post to this and u'll see what the error message is, do u understand it??????? cuz i have no idea what the message means
by message i mean the error message
Page 4 of 5