Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 2:08 AM
Default So has anyone thought about or made any Custom Lot Traits? Is it even Possible?
I've wondered this since I got City Living is it possible to make Custom Lot Traits the way people have made Custom CAS traits? Cause it'd be neat to splice some of the traits together I.E the Vampire Lot Traits, So then there'd be more room for other Traits. Has anyone else thought about this? Is it even possible?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 5:07 AM
It's probably possible, but I'm not sure what else can really be done with lot traits. They serve mostly as a boost for skills and emotions.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 6:49 AM
Nah they do other stuff too, like the haunted one and the vampire ones and the Filthy one. Hence why I think splicing would be a good idea it'll allow me to give places alot of character and also make them twice as unpleasant to live in.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 3:20 AM
From a quick look at the files, it appears there's a few "list" files that would need an override or script injection to add new lot traits: zone_modifier.zone_modifier_tuning, loot_Buff_zoneMods_exitLot_RemoveAll, and loot_Buff_LotMods_BaseGame_Visible_RemoveAll (and the last one would probably be a bit different depending on any expansions you have... or might involve another file entirely)

There might be more, but that's what I found so far. The actual lot traits themselves, if all you're doing is splicing, probably wouldn't be that complicated. I think the path of least resistance, if you're just interested in splicing, would be to edit an existing lot trait to splice in features from another lot trait, without renaming it or adding a new one. That way you'd just have the override of editing one or two of an existing lot trait's files and you wouldn't need to get into the lists of lot traits and adding to them, and so on.

♫ Improvising into a corner ♫
♫ No rhyme or rhythm in this verse cause I'm in a corner ♫
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Apr 2017 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
Nah they do other stuff too, like the haunted one and the vampire ones and the Filthy one. Hence why I think splicing would be a good idea it'll allow me to give places alot of character and also make them twice as unpleasant to live in.

They also mess with procreation. there's loads of stuff in the occult pregnancy options file I was editing earlier today.