Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 12:07 PM
Default Upload a CC lot -- any methode to make it fast?
There are so many charmde CC of Sims 4. But if one want to share a CC lot, it takes at first times to find out all required CC in that lot. Then, because we are not allowed to reupload these CCs, one should take very long time again to find out all the links of those CC..As the next, one will be also very boring to copy every web address again to insert hyperlink in the note. For the downloader, is it surely also a thing, to go through all the links. These all make we so tired! Does anyone has any genial suggestion, to manage these things quickly and better?
The questions and some of my ideas in concrecte are:
- Is there a mod,to find out all CCs of a lot? (I saw that there is a mod to list all CCs of creating a sim last year. But I've never used that.)
- If one has found all CCs finally, but some of these CC are no more available online, what should he /she do?
- I myself have taken times to sort the CC packages afte the name of creator. And fast each package has an according picture. So that it helps me to orient where can I find these CCs again. Is it for you helpful to have a CC list, sorted after the name of creators? Or any other sorting kinds?
- Does an CC lot uploader allowed to upload the according pictures of CC items at MTS? If yes, the downloader could have an quickly overview, which items does one already has, and which not.
- Do you as downloader want to have the according CC pictures in the download file? The pictures will have the same name like their packages. From there, perhaps, one can make quickly search in the mods to find out, if he / she already has that package or not. (Until now, I haven't changed the name of most of my CCs. The search eill work, if you haven't changed the name of your CCs, too.)

It would be a pity to give up sharing nice CC lot. On the other hand, I don't want to hurt the download rule...

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 3:05 PM
I can only answer some of your questions, hope that helps:

Quote: Originally posted by artrui
- If one has found all CCs finally, but some of these CC are no more available online, what should he /she do?

For CC that has been abandoned, it depends on what the policy of the creator used to be, along the same lines as updates/remixes of other people's creations (see http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...es_of_Creations ) -- when they allow reuploading, you can include the content with your post. Some abandoned CC might also be available on archive sites, try asking in WCIF.

- Does an CC lot uploader allowed to upload the according pictures of CC items at MTS?

You can include any pictures you want, as long as you also include the required pictures (front view, floor plan, etc).

- Do you as downloader want to have the according CC pictures in the download file? The pictures will have the same name like their packages.

I'm not sure how well that works when you distribute your lot as tray files .. people might just unzip it, dump the whole contents in /Tray, and then not be able to figure out what the pictures belong to. I think if you make your lot a .package that might be more helpful -- in zips with packages, you can put everything in subfolders, so that doesn't get lost so easily. (Here's how to package lots: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561923 )

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 5:27 PM
Dear plasticbox, thanks for the first and concrecte reply! I add some points of my thoughts:

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
I'm not sure how well that works when you distribute your lot as tray files .. people might just unzip it, dump the whole contents in /Tray, and then not be able to figure out what the pictures belong to.

I mean to upload the tray items in a file, and, to upload the according images of CCs in an other zip file. Most of those pictures are originally showed by the cc creators in their own websites. The pictures will be sorted after the name of creators and will be renamed like according CC package name. In the text, the links of those CC will be sorted after the name of creators, too. Thus, the downloader can have an overview of required CC in graphic. Then, they can select that links what they want, Instead of clicking all the links of CC list.

I think if you make your lot a .package that might be more helpful -- in zips with packages, you can put everything in subfolders, so that doesn't get lost so easily. (Here's how to package lots: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=561923 )

I've read this topic already and find it very interesting! But do I understand right, that the package lots can not inculde the CC objects and walls? If it just replace the daten from the tray file, it does not help this topic. What do you mean "put everything in subfolders"?

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Oct 2015 at 6:55 PM
Stuff in /Tray cannot be subfoldered, whereas if you make it a package you *can* have subfolders. I thought that might help with organising things. Like for example, you could make a folder "MyLot" which contains 1. the lot package and 2. a folder "CC by Soandso" (who is a retired creator and has abandoned their stuff, so you can re-upload it) and 3. a folder "Pictures" where you put the screenshots you want to include. People could just dump the whole thing in /Mods and the lot would still work, if it's in a package.

Technically you could also include CC in the lot package directly, but I really wouldn't recommend doing that .. when that CC gets updated, the average downloader would have no idea how to update it. Better keep it separate so people can update individually if they want to.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 10:24 AM
It sounds plausible. I will try it.
Technically you could also include CC in the lot package directly,

Just WOW!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 1:46 AM
For CC that has been abandoned, it depends on what the policy of the creator used to be, along the same lines as updates/remixes of other people's creations (see http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...es_of_Creations ) -- when they allow reuploading, you can include the content with your post. Some abandoned CC might also be available on archive sites, try asking in WCIF.

I have no acess to contact some creators (e.g. sg5150 and mrsimplelukkas @ tumblr.com), because their websites are gone. What could I do? May I include these content with my upload?

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 8:20 AM
sg5150 sounds familar. Have you tried a Google search? You could also post in Discussion > WCIF to find where their content is hosted nowadays.

Whether or not you can include other people's stuff with your upload depends on the author's policy. See also http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...es_of_Creations

Edit: sg5150 seems to be this user http://modthesims.info/m/6393507 -- you could PM them and ask.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:46 PM
Edit: sg5150 seems to be this user http://modthesims.info/m/6393507 -- you could PM them and ask.

Thanks! It's helpful. I've sent a PM to her.

I've post WCIF mrsimplelukkas last week. But no one answer it. In this case, may I inculd that contents in my lot?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Nov 2015 at 8:40 AM
I've finished the CC list of my lot "Jungle Adventure". The list has 24 pages in doc format. Would it be ok, if I upload the list in download file instead of copy them in the text? The MTS link button is not so practical for threads writer, if one has a lot of links. Or, I can upload the list at my tumblr and give a link in my lot text at MTS?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Dec 2015 at 10:43 PM Last edited by artrui : 5th Dec 2015 at 10:54 PM.
It seems that it is not a good idea to upload a CC lot at MTS! One must spent a lot of time to prepare the upload: write a CC list and contact other crators, if their items are no more online. I respect the MTS rule and have tried my best to do what it requires. But my lot is stil not released. I don't why.
I must criticize some points which are so borling and are kinds of wasting time:
1. limit of screenshot: 800 kb
The oringal game screenshots are png. They are surely all higher as 800 kb. One must edit every screenshots to make it as jpg und lower as 800 kb. A building needs a lot of screenshots, plus floorplan and front view. That mean it is a lot of work, Is it possible that the screenshots will automatically optimised while uploading?
2. Frontview
This is a must have screenshot. And one must make it in the height of a Sim. But sometimes it is not so easy to make such screenshot. Because the lot is big and because there are other trees or houses in neighbourhood, which cover the part of the frontview. I must always try several times to make such a frontview screenshot like the request. Sometimes, I must remove other building beside it to make such a screenshot. Why can MST not accept the screenshot of frontview like we see in the gallery? It is slightly from above (not in the height of a Sim):
3. Text field
It would be nice that the edit text = preview text. In preview site, one can find the mistake better. But if one go from preview site back to text edit, the field of lot size become empty. That means every time if one want to switch the sites between the main text and preview, one must again and again fill the information of lot size.
4. link buttom
It is horrible to write a cc list with the MTS system. One could easily make mistake during copy and paste. For example make a double "http". Because a "http" is default in that link field. One must delete that or copy the web adress without http. Further more to make a link, one must copy two times: at first copy the linked text, then copy the website. One must often switch the windows. I find the link buttom at tumblr is much better than here.
5. bureaucracy
Sure, a CC lot must have a CC list. I've asked if I may attach the list in download, or I may write the list in other website and give a link in main text, since my list is quite long. But no one answer me before the upload. After my upload. I was asked to include the whole list in main text. I've already made the same cc list two times: one as doc date in download; one is a link in main text to my cc list at tumblr, now, I must again write it in main text. Fine,I've done it three times.
6. No clear statement
One moderator allows me to write cc list in spoiler. I did it. But it seems that other moderator don't like it.
One moderator has said that I may inculde pictures of cc list. But now they have other mind.
If I knew a statement early, it will save a lot of works. I've spent a lot of time to do this upload work. But my CC lot is still not be approved -- without a reason what I know till now.