Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 6:00 AM
Default Story Progression: Caste System
I recently learned about igazor's caste system as a means to control rotational play. I am having trouble setting it up. When I set it up yesterday, I had two castes--one for one family and the other for the other family. It didn't go so well. Do I set up only ONE caste even if I have multiple families? How can I link multiple families to that one caste? Would the inactive families behave as they should?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/page/messages/Chatterbox

1) become a member,
2) ask on chatterbox.

edit: pretty sure that's done with one cast.
Here's the FAQ on rotational cast.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Story+P...+Caste+Settings

Good luck. I think you can get it to do that, but NRAAS SP is not set up to be anything near EA default mode. My problem is to get the other default settings to be more like EA's.

Just don't open the spoiler, I'll get "Disagreed" again. Please, don't.

I have figured it out. Still had to do a lot more reading, but I ended up playing around in the game, too. So yes, I technically do only need to create one caste as long as there are no specific settings I want for certain households. igazor's instructions make sense now. It was just a lot harder to comprehend them because I am a visual person. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Felquish
I have figured it out. Still had to do a lot more reading, but I ended up playing around in the game, too. So yes, I technically do only need to create one caste as long as there are no specific settings I want for certain households. igazor's instructions make sense now. It was just a lot harder to comprehend them because I am a visual person. Thanks!

Glad you were able to work things out. Sarah and I came up with our Rotational Play settings as described on that page pretty much independently of each other and we were each heavy SP users going back to way before Twallan even introduced the concept of castes on us years ago. It is admittedly not as easy to understand what's happening there if one is still learning SP and its entire hierarchy of settings (Town, Lot, Household, Caste, Sim) at the same time.

Different players will have or devise different variations on these two options to match their play styles and we always welcome such discussions at NRaas.

Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Just don't open the spoiler, I'll get "Disagreed" again. Please, don't.

For what it's worth, I've just given you an "Agree." We don't "Disagree" that you, among others, find SP confusing. What we don't understand is why (until recently anyway) you felt the need to regard the assistance we are happy to provide players as not worth the time to seek out, the mod documentation as worthy of constant ridicule, and the need to share these opinions so frequently with newer SP users.