Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 6:57 PM
Default Do I need a new Video Card?
Hi I'm not too sure if my laptop will run The Sims 4 as my laptop often freezes and sometimes turns off when playing The Sims 3, I was just wondering if someone would be able to help me know if it will run fine,

Here are my laptop specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1)
Intel Core i5 CPU
M 480 2.67 GHz
RAM 3.80 GB Usable
64-bit Operating System
NVIDIA GeForce 310M

I hope that this helps, from what I have researched I think the problem is the video card? But I'm not sure, thanks for any help
I have already tried Can You Run It, but it said I could run The Sims 3 which I had problems with.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 7:33 PM
Any help??
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Aug 2014 at 7:38 PM
If you had trouble running TS3, then TS4 might be problematic - while there are a lot of low end cards that will hypothetically be supported, we know how little that actually meant for TS3 (supported doesn't really mean playably good as far as EA is concerned). As it's a laptop, you probably won't be able to upgrade the graphics card.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Aug 2014 at 5:16 PM
Thankyou for the help not sure what I will do next then :/