Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jul 2016 at 10:24 PM
Default Ultra Setting Requirements
My current PC is a stock model and I am looking to upgrade to something that will allow me to run my sims at ultra settings and can handle my massive amounts of cc. I want to try and keep it at the least amount of money I can. Does anyone have any suggestions from store bought to custom build requirements?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 4:09 PM Last edited by ajaxsirius : 12th Jul 2016 at 4:21 PM.
I usually recommend the cheapest latest gen i5, a gtx 1060 or equivalent (should be at least as powerful as a gtx 660) and 8GB of RAM. An ssd too if you have the money for it.
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th Jul 2016 at 7:04 PM
If you are on a tight budget you can always go for one generation before the latest. It will always be cheaper and the performance loss is negligible. But honestly if you can get the latest.

I run the sims 4 at Ultra on a Xeon 1230 V5(its basically an i7 6700) and a GTX 960 at 1440x900 at I get in excess of 100 fps all the time with some cc. Keep in mind that my GTX 960 is the 4GB version though. Get some fast RAM to its important.