Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 12th May 2017 at 2:28 PM.
Default Please help :( Game is all fuzzy (Solved)
Alright, so here's the deal. I've had the Sims 4 on my laptop for a long time now, it runs great, my computer can handle it even at the highest settings. However, for the last two days, when I loaded the game up, my sim was all fuzzy. Like, if you took a pen drawing and smeared a wet paper towel over her fuzzy. Now, it's done this before, and I followed the instructions found on other forums, but this time they didn't work. I updated my drivers, did everything that was suggested (ticking certain boxes in the game options, etc.) but it's still fuzzy. Yes, the game version I have is legal, I bought it on origin. It's the digital delux version. I have three mods total, a skin overlay, a tattoo mod, and an eye mod, but those are not the problem. When I remove the mods, the fuzziness remains.

Is anyone else having the same issue? If so, and if you fixed it, could you please share your secret?
I've gone as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the game and even doing a restore on the game files. I'm not sure what else to do. It's infuriating. All I want is to play my sim
Here is an example of what I am seeing. Like other forums I have read, this is just in live mod. She's crisp as ever in CAS and the icon on the bottom left.

https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...c87&oe=5918000F

Here is my system settings if this helps.
Windows 7 Professional
Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System Type: 64 bit Operation System
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:47 PM
I had this happened before, but not in this game. I'm not sure if it might work on you.
The quality textures changes when I was using processor (Intel) over GPU (Nvidia). So, you may try to run the game using GPU instead.

If you run the game on processor (intel), there is a '3D' settings on Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to let you set it to quality over performance.
http://imgur.com/Vwelv7E
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
I had this happened before, but not in this game. I'm not sure if it might work on you.
The quality textures changes when I was using processor (Intel) over GPU (Nvidia). So, you may try to run the game using GPU instead.

If you run the game on processor (intel), there is a '3D' settings on Intel HD Graphics Control Panel to let you set it to quality over performance.
http://imgur.com/Vwelv7E

Much appreciated. I'll check this out and see if it works. For some reason, I didn't even think to try that. Guess that's what happens when you are about at your wits end, lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:55 PM
Thanks, Kompaktive. Did what you suggested and it worked. I appreciate the help
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th May 2017 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chronicgamer939
Thanks, Kompaktive. Did what you suggested and it worked. I appreciate the help

Glad you solved it
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 12th May 2017 at 2:28 PM
I Know that it doesn't really make much sense since it's solved now but moved to the Help forums! ^-^