Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 11:35 PM
Default Weird jagged graphics?

Hey Simmers. Has anybody had any weird issues with these sort of jagged graphics since the November patch and the release of Cats and Dogs?

I checked my graphics, tried changing them, etc. This didn't happen until I updated The Sims 4 and installed Cats and Dogs.

So is it just me?

It's not just objects and wall decals that are affected; my food textures and graphics are jagged too, despite having no mods or custom food.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 4:10 PM
I thought it was my graphics card... I'm definitely having this problem since the update, but I don't have the expansion. :/
Forum Resident
#3 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 5:27 PM
I have to agree with you there. I have noticed that some of my skins don't look as great either. I also noticed that a painting set I had had weird shadows on the wall after the update. I have heard about people complaining about alpha hairs looking kinda ratty (I use maybe two or three total, and sparely, so I can't corroborate).
Forum Resident
#4 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lemememeringue
I thought it was my graphics card... I'm definitely having this problem since the update, but I don't have the expansion. :/

Even if you don't have the expansion, you have the patch that precluded it - and that patch was pretty major.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 10:40 PM
Anybody know how one could get in touch with EA to let them know the update really messed up the graphics?
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:16 AM
Is your Smooth Edges setting in graphics option set to "Low" and not "Off". If you have it set to "Off" instead of Low, everything just looks like rubbish.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Is your Smooth Edges setting in graphics option set to "Low" and not "Off". If you have it set to "Off" instead of Low, everything just looks like rubbish.

My edge smoothing is on medium, so there's no reason for these jagged edges to look like this.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 6:38 PM
I've noticed some of my deco CC having weird shadows that weren't there before, too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Nov 2017 at 8:21 PM
I might be showing this to EA because there's legit no reason for wall decals and graphics to look this jagged.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Nov 2017 at 11:05 PM
Default And now it's infected my food too
*huge aggravated sigh*

This looks worse than The Sims 2.

I can't believe a patch update could mess up my graphics so badly.
Screenshots