Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 2:01 PM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 26th Jun 2007 at 8:25 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Cant load to CAS! - Solved (Thanks Numenor)
I was using BaseGameStarterPro and i played the base game only, when i created a new neighborhood, i wanted to make a family so i was loading into CAS!, it didnt crash or freeze, it kinda redirected me to the game!!

explaining:
1- loaded neighborhood
2- Clicked on CAF(Create a family)(or CAS)
3- Finished loading into the neighborhood!

my system specs(BASIC):
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
Memory: 254MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
DirectX Version: 9.0c

Display:
Card name: Intel(R) 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82845G Graphics Controller
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Driver Name: ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.4342 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 6/21/2005 17:04:48, 38016 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: n/a
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: ialmnt5.sys
Mini VDD Date: 6/21/2005 17:12:34, 807998 bytes
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 3:43 PM
I've asked Numenor to take a look at this thread since this is such as odd error.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2007 at 5:50 PM
well thanks, i hope he can answer me soon!
and just a note i tried it with SSN only and loading CAS! worked, it looks like its jut in the base game!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 11:11 AM
The BaseGameStarter (for short: BGS ) creates a separate, "clean" Documents\The Sims 2 folder for the various BGS games; therefore, generally speaking, each BGS game is autonomous from the main game. Nevertheless, some elements installed for the main game are used in each BGS game, too: i.e. all the mod/hacks that are NOT installed in the Downloads, but rather in the game installation folders.
In your case, I suspect that you installed a replacement of the CAS! that was created to work with your full game, but just doesn't work with the base game.
Did I guess right?

If I'm wrong, and you didn't install anything in your game installation folders, then try this:
- Open the folder Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 - BaseGame and delete everything in it, EXCEPT the little file "BaseGame.id" (if you have something important in your basegame folder, you might want to *move* the content away, instead of deleting it)
- Run the "BaseGame Only" game and see if the CAS loads properly.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 2:50 PM
Ok ill try it right now numenor, i appreciate your help
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 3:18 PM
Ok,i deleted all the files of "My Documents\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 - Base Game"
exept the BaseGame.id then launched the game and it tottaly re-created the files! it had the three base neighborhoods: PleasentView, Strangetown and Veronaville!

But still... cant load to cas!
I also went to the game files and i had a custom CAS! Screen so i restred the old one and it also didnt work, i went to "C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSData\Res\GlobalLots\" and i found that the CAS! file was only 1 KB!! maybe its a wrong file?? should i get one of the later expansions and use it?

Thanks,
$RaMRoM$
The ModFather
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 3:27 PM
I guessed right, then...

1 Kb is definitely *too* little for a real CAS lot. I strongly suggest that you retrieve the original CAS lots (the exact name is CAS!.package, with the exclamation mark: don't confuse it with the "CAS.package", that only contains some text files).

There is one CAS!.package in each game folder, located in the subfolder "GlobalLots"; you should retrieve the original files from the original game discs.
Infact, in the last disc of each game (or the DVD), there is always a file named "compressed.zip" that contains the original files: extract them from the zip and replace the broken CAS lots in your game folders.
Note that the games on DVD don't have a zip: the files are uncompressed on the disc, and you can copy them easily.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 3:34 PM
Thanks numenor, ill get my disk right know
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 3:37 PM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 21st Jun 2007 at 4:01 PM.
Numenor you are the master and the modmaster!!! i found it, ill extract it and will start the game then tell you what will happen, thanks!!

edit:
Numenor... i dont know how to be thankful enough!! it worked it worked it worked and it worked!!!! thanks a lot Numenor!