Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Space Pony
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 7:37 PM Last edited by Airazor65 : 7th Dec 2018 at 7:52 PM.
Default Maybe A Dumb Question: Sharing Game Packs
Alright, so a few months ago, my dear cousin gave me her desktop Lenovo, which contains multiple games, including the Sims 4 (duh). She let me use her Origin account in order to access the game. I also have an Origin account.

If you've ever tried to download the base game on another computer, you know it's nearly impossible to do, as it takes hours and then stalls and soft-locks the computer. So naturally, I'm going to buy an additional copy-- a DVD one, of course. I saw a copy (new, apparently) on Amazon for less then $40.

I'm going to get it regardless, but I have to know, can I install the base game DVD on my laptop with MY Origin account and then use her account to install the game packs. I figure the Origin client would notice the base game is installed and maybe cooperate? The answer is probably no, but I just need to check. Thanks!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 7th Dec 2018 at 8:27 PM
I don't know, but I kind of think there isn't really any difference between basegame and exp.

You have to be careful about thus subject though. Make sure it stays within the limits of the law, or the thread will be closed or even deleted.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 2:40 AM
Alright, thank you! And don't worry, we live on the same continent, and Origin is the main way to install the game on multiple computers.
Space Pony
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax

You can't use her account to install the packs and then go back to your account and have access to the packs, that would be too easy lol.
Indeed! XD
Space Pony
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I don't know, but I kind of think there isn't really any difference between basegame and exp.

You have to be careful about thus subject though. Make sure it stays within the limits of the law, or the thread will be closed or even deleted.
I miss the days when someone would let you borrow their disc instead... :/