Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#1551 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
It's either a painting by Hieronymus Bosch depicting hell or it's an Ea upper management meeting. As if there's a difference.

One of those two choices has more "random trumpets stuck in butts with flowers coming out of the trumpets" than the other.
Wait, no. My bad. That's not Bosch.
That's Monty Python animation.

Add me as a friend in the Sims:
http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Zagreus74
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#1552 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 4:47 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 20th Jan 2014 at 5:01 AM.
Any guesses as to what the premium item might be? I've heard guesses it could be a tea set, which would make sense since they could simply crib the animations and objects from the Sims 2. It would also tie in nicely with the potential Asian world mentioned in the survey.

At the same time, the use of stained glass still doesn't make sense- it could also mean a glass-blowing/ jewelery-making set? That could tie into the Venice-world they also mentioned. Also, jewelery-making seems to have been originally planned for Ambitions until it was cut out.
Mad Poster
#1553 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 5:53 AM
i tried the first corn stalk mod, and it still won't work

Inventor
#1554 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
i tried the first corn stalk mod, and it still won't work

that means you don't have the corn mesh. did you successfully installed the tractor set from store?
Mad Poster
#1555 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 5:08 PM
So, apparently, we're getting a tea set...?

I'll post a picture shortly. I'm on my phone and doing anything on it is a pain.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#1556 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
So, apparently, we're getting a tea set...?

I'll post a picture shortly. I'm on my phone and doing anything on it is a pain.

What, for real? There are already some leftover codes of Ceremonial Tea Set, a scrapped store content, which you can find in GameplayData.package! Some ITUNs are still there, like DrinkTea_CeremonialTeaSet.ITUN among others. Looks like their "new contents" aren't exactly new after all. They're all just recycled. Recycled tea sets, anyone?

Just call me Nikel
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1557 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 6:02 PM
Tsk, tsk, I fear matrix is becoming the next CLP when it comes to falling for unfounded rumours. If the source for this information is SimsVip, well, the picture there shows items from The Sims Resource. Or rather did show, the post seems to have been deleted already.
Mad Poster
#1558 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 7:11 PM
I didn't fall for it, per say, I was just posting what was reported. I knew something looked a little off. I don't follow CC as much as I used to, but I wanted a second opinion just in case.

It didn't match the colors in the preview anyway lol

Mad Poster
#1559 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 8:42 PM
There was a tea set mentioned in the gameplay xmls stuff once. It might still be there.

Edit, found it:
<base>
<Interaction name="Sims3.Store.Objects.CeremonialTeaSet+DrinkTea+Definition" />
<Object name="Sims3.Store.Objects.CeremonialTeaSet" />
<CodeVersion name="BaseGame" considerCodeVersion="False" />
<Current_Tuning>

Edit 2: Oop. I see it was already mentioned. ^o^

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Scholar
#1560 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 9:33 PM
Looks like one of the hints of the new venue items will include L-Shaped stairs the blanks are obvious. I am kinda very pissed right now!

http://simsvip.com/2014/01/21/sims-...nt/#respond-sys

Instead of adding L shaped stairs to an EP, it has to be in the Sim store. Yay I'm so exited, get the hell out of here!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1561 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 9:55 PM
Sure hope that is not the PC.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#1562 Old 21st Jan 2014 at 11:03 PM
Unless I'm totally misunderstanding the idea behind 'Premium Content' L-shaped stairs would have to be labelled as premium, no? I mean, they require new animations and that is one of those things that make a store item premium content.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1563 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 12:58 AM
It just might be so, Babele44 but it's still disappointing. The store practices, especially now the series is over has made my mind up not to buy Sims 4. Look at what was beloved in Sims 2 is now charged $20 in a store venue. This piecemealing BS has turned me off with Sims games and I find it disturbing. Hell, they won't fix what's broken! I feel they are looking at the broken shit thread and saying "lets pretend we don't know what they are talking about...". Fuck 'em! *angered*

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#1564 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 1:37 AM
We're getting a staircase... in a venue? What about other staircase types? There are quite a few ways to organize a staircase in the game. I hope it's a build set and not just a single item. Even with that, multiple types, not just one kind. At the very least, with and without walls.

There's so much that can go wrong with all of this. Either way, what's the actual venue? It is a home? I see no other reason to give out L-Shaped stairs and advertise it as such (even though they can be placed anyway).

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1565 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
There's so much that can go wrong with all of this. Either way, what's the actual venue? It is a home? I see no other reason to give out L-Shaped stairs and advertise it as such (even though they can be placed anyway).

I wondered the same thing. Like we really need an EA created home. I really hope it's more than one staircase too. Won't be surprised if it's not.

Top Secret Researcher
#1566 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 3:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 9b8ll
Looks like one of the hints of the new venue items will include L-Shaped stairs the blanks are obvious. I am kinda very pissed right now!

http://simsvip.com/2014/01/21/sims-...nt/#respond-sys

Instead of adding L shaped stairs to an EP, it has to be in the Sim store. Yay I'm so exited, get the hell out of here!!

I read that as L-shits storms.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Alchemist
#1567 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 7:03 PM
Don't we already have L-shaped stairs?
Lab Assistant
#1568 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 7:45 PM
Mad Poster
#1569 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 8:06 PM
We have 2 types of staircases: Modular and Spiral. Modular can become L, but they don't work everywhere. L-shaped would be nice, but I'm hoping they give us some variety (even though players will make their own). And glass blowing will produce some very nice deco, for sure. It'll be a nice hobby, but I'm just not sure of the practicality of blowing glass.

But... Glass Blowing... L-Shaped Stairs... wut?

Alchemist
#1570 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 8:41 PM
Blowing glass sounds .. ugh out of all the objects you could make?!?!?
Theorist
#1571 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 8:52 PM
Blowing glass is a very niche activity, barely even ranking as a novelty. A town like Champs Les Sims would be good for this though. I already made a blacksmiths in there. But yeah glassblowing, I don't see the fuss in that really. L-Shape stairs are potentially useful, although I think that could have been a final patch addition.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Instructor
#1572 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 9:06 PM
Glass blowing would be a nice craft to add. Just a way to mix it up besides sculpting and inventing.
But, that was a lot of hype for glass blowing.
And i'm just waiting for the bugs for the stairs. @ n @
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1573 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 9:06 PM
Not so much a fuss but as you have posted the stairs could have been added in a patch. Now you build a lot with the L-shaped stairs and everyone don't have it, will it cause game play problems? I don't know, just another aggravation in this series. I hope some of the modders and CC creators have their way with it.

Since I am not patching, guess I have to skip this one. I do kind of want the glass blowing part. Sigh.

Mad Poster
#1574 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 9:09 PM
Even though I witness this particular activity at least once or twice a year, I still would have never have guessed it.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#1575 Old 22nd Jan 2014 at 9:15 PM
I'm just happy to have some new arts and crafts, there hasn't been too many in TS3. I've grown a bit tired of sculptors/inventors, some variety for artisan-type sims is nice.
Page 63 of 124