Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#2026 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 4:46 AM
I can't remember if that was the case in Sims 1, but it was certainly the case in Sims 2. Plus the stompy dance when your sims spotted roaches. I miss the stompy dance.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2027 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 12:03 PM
so we will get a new npc, exterminator then?
Scholar
#2028 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
so we will get a new npc, exterminator then?

I'm starting to think this myself. Graham hasn't responded back in regards to all the people asking if he's trolling us for fun. So, it makes me wonder. There's some speculation that the exterminator could be patched in for the anniversary of the series coming up this week. I'm wondering how an exterminator would work though? I mean the rodents in City Living are from invisible spawners and the mouse hole already placed in the apartments. And then there's the mouse hole from Cats and Dogs. Would it require spawners to be placed or how would they do that?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2029 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:31 AM
An exterminator that no one wanted, but none of the NPCs people requested?

Splendid.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#2030 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:37 AM
Forum Resident
#2031 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 1:59 AM
Wow yall really went nuts with this twitter icon thing.
That’s what happens when there are content droughts, I guess.

Saying it was in poor taste seems harsh but...geez.

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#2032 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Wow yall really went nuts with this twitter icon thing.
That’s what happens when there are content droughts, I guess.

Saying it was in poor taste seems harsh but...geez.

I think it was in poor taste because he let it go on too long. I figured he was probably trolling, but you never know. I mean, he did tweet that raccoon at EA late at night before we knew about them in City Living. And then he said that render that was leaked from Cats and Dogs was fake, but it turned out not to be - so, I don't know.
Forum Resident
#2033 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I think it was in poor taste because he let it go on too long. I figured he was probably trolling, but you never know. I mean, he did tweet that raccoon at EA late at night before we knew about them in City Living. And then he said that render that was leaked from Cats and Dogs was fake, but it turned out not to be - so, I don't know.

I was actually JUST thinking about the "fake" C&D render. They were very quick to discredit it, it really makes me wonder if it actually WAS something they made and let get out on purpose.
I've seen very professional S4 renders from fans, but i'm so suspicious now. Wheres my tin-foil hat.

FOR THE HORDE
Top Secret Researcher
#2034 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:32 AM
Did anyone imagine how the gameplay as exterminator in sims would be? I'm fancying the idea hehe. Not sure if I'd pay for it though.
Forum Resident
#2035 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
was a prank http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/hom...-for-a-prank%2F
I really don't get it. Is TS4 once again trying to be hip and tried to "troll" people? In my opinion it was a really weird prank. It's not even April Fools' Day, so why? Did they want to keep us busy with something because we don't have anything else to talk about? I just find it so weird for a Guru to make people excited for new content and then just say "Haha, it was just a prank!" I find it stupid to be honest
Field Researcher
#2036 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 4:19 PM
Hmmm... So he changed his profile picture (to a question mark followed by several highly distinguishable creatures) several times just to say “Gotcha!” ...... No wonder their packs are so wildly mismanaged. The producers are too busy seeking attention from the community and creating fake news for their promoters to rake in the ad revenue.

Kinda surprised at how many people are ok with that unprofessional behavior. He speaks in an official capacity whenever he uses the guru twitter and he knows that every move he makes on the account is monitored and scrutinized by the community. It’s not a practice I would want to engage in.
Field Researcher
#2037 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 5:17 PM
I think we should just ignore their jokes in future.
Scholar
#2038 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by drake_mccarty
Hmmm... So he changed his profile picture (to a question mark followed by several highly distinguishable creatures) several times just to say “Gotcha!” ...... No wonder their packs are so wildly mismanaged. The producers are too busy seeking attention from the community and creating fake news for their promoters to rake in the ad revenue.

Kinda surprised at how many people are ok with that unprofessional behavior. He speaks in an official capacity whenever he uses the guru twitter and he knows that every move he makes on the account is monitored and scrutinized by the community. It’s not a practice I would want to engage in.

I agree with all of this. It was childish and immature.

I thought maybe it was trolling, but it really was a stupid thing to do on your official work Twitter account if that's the case. I'm shocked SimGuru Drake didn't put the brakes on it since she's so dictatorial toward the players over on the official forums. What Graham did is the kind of thing that SimGuru Drake claims that Maxis never does, which is tweet hints, and say they're not, and so on (because who knows, maybe he was trolling, but with some truth to it) - this going back to the raccoon with City Living and the Cats and Dogs render. It's just so annoying.

Either stop with all hints and put an end to the drama they create or just be more transparent with the players. It's not rocket science. I really just don't understand the motivation behind what he did.
Forum Resident
#2039 Old 31st Jan 2018 at 7:27 PM
The "funny" thing is that Graham has a wreath as profile pic now which many players think hints at witches, but he just said he doesn't do hints and SP don't do hints, so what is that even supposed to mean now. Has he ever changed profile pics to random images just for fun? I have to admit I never paid attention to it.
Scholar
#2040 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
The "funny" thing is that Graham has a wreath as profile pic now which many players think hints at witches, but he just said he doesn't do hints and SP don't do hints, so what is that even supposed to mean now. Has he ever changed profile pics to random images just for fun? I have to admit I never paid attention to it.

I know. I don't think he's pulled a stunt like this before or I'd probably remember. I don't look at his Twitter feed that often, but he usually will change his avatar to reflect a Stuff Pack. I know for a long time it was one of the Void Critters. And sometimes it's his self Sim. I think he'll think again though before he does something like this.

As for the wreath, he said over on the official forums it was a reference to EverQuest. So, I don't know. Time will tell.
Field Researcher
#2041 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
I agree with all of this. It was childish and immature.

I thought maybe it was trolling, but it really was a stupid thing to do on your official work Twitter account if that's the case. I'm shocked SimGuru Drake didn't put the brakes on it since she's so dictatorial toward the players over on the official forums. What Graham did is the kind of thing that SimGuru Drake claims that Maxis never does, which is tweet hints, and say they're not, and so on (because who knows, maybe he was trolling, but with some truth to it) - this going back to the raccoon with City Living and the Cats and Dogs render. It's just so annoying.

Either stop with all hints and put an end to the drama they create or just be more transparent with the players. It's not rocket science. I really just don't understand the motivation behind what he did.

I have to agree. Are things that bad for the sims 4 the Gurus are having to try and get publicity for the game using a cheap shot to get attention?
Scholar
#2042 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

I believe that particular wreath is from the Laundry pack.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2043 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:40 PM
Do people really want magic in a stuff pack? What!?

Here is a spellbook superglued to a cauldron with some run-of-the-mill spells that behave exactly like cheats or ice cream, and one really good one that eats up the majority of the budget to show in the trailer, with nothing else magical what so ever to match the added magic in the game.

Mad Poster
#2044 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:49 PM
Only game packs can be trusted in taking care of the magic theme.
Scholar
#2045 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I believe that particular wreath is from the Laundry pack.

It is. It's the description that has the rumor mill running amock, because it reads like a loot drop from an RPG game. I assumed that's what it was meant to be, and that's what Graham has said, but people insist that it has to do with a magic pack. Maybe it's some sort of reference to the game pack coming up, like one of the round rugs in Laundry Day seems to be referring to, but I doubt it.

Magic and/or witches would never work in a Stuff Pack anyway. That's a ridiculous idea to even contemplate. I'm guess it would be a game pack of it's own like Vampires. The fortune teller decal in Cats and Dogs makes me think they could be working on witches or something along those lines though. I hope it's witches. They're the only occult I care about.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2046 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:14 PM
Witches could be wonderful if EA cared enough.

As an aside, I’d love a Hogwarts RPG.

Scholar
#2047 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:41 PM
The continuous problem with all new features is that there is not enough impact in the sims lives from actions. We desperately need wants and fears (including a scared emotion) to make things more immersive and give gameplay actual meaning. The emotion system we have now is too superficial to actually give a proper core for any features, new or old.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Scholar
#2048 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
The continuous problem with all new features is that there is not enough impact in the sims lives from actions. We desperately need wants and fears (including a scared emotion) to make things more immersive and give gameplay actual meaning. The emotion system we have now is too superficial to actually give a proper core for any features, new or old.

I would love to have wants and fears back. Plus a real scared emotion (like a better reaction when my Sims catch on fire would be nice). And for sadness to be more meaningful.
Forum Resident
#2049 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 12:35 AM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to mention it, but I wanted to share it - Remember that one of the options for the fan SP was Weddings Stuff? Well, if someone was really excited for it then there's a fan-made, maxis-match SP called "Rustic Romance" with over 70 items. You can fine it here and here's an overview of the files
Mad Poster
#2050 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 1:23 AM
Oh wow. That's all some pretty nice stuff. I'm thinking about getting it even though my sims don't get married or do anything formal nearly as often enough to justify it XD

The Receptacle still lives!
Page 82 of 141