Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Moonlight Skin - All Ages included

by kanno Posted 10th Sep 2009 at 2:35 AM - Updated 12th Sep 2009 at 4:08 PM by kanno

111 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 94 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 2 of 5
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:38 PM
I've seen Sims made with these by other people - so pretty! I'm quite new to this but from my understanding, since this is a default override it should change all of the Sims in the game including those not in my family, yes? That way I get a whole town of pretty people.
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 6:59 PM
I was waiting for a version with nipples but without bodyhair, thank you for sharing this lovely skin! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by staceyleep
thanks this is great! do u upload ur models? the closeup of ur male model is awesome

Ahah, you like Art Olafur? (yes, he has a name from Holland), I will not upload him here at MTS, but I can upload him on zshare and give you the link if you want ^_^

Quote: Originally posted by avilina
I've seen Sims made with these by other people - so pretty! I'm quite new to this but from my understanding, since this is a default override it should change all of the Sims in the game including those not in my family, yes? That way I get a whole town of pretty people.

Yes, these are default replacement, and it will override the skins of every sims in town, even the NPC characters!
Test Subject
#29 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 2:31 AM
Thanks for the PM. These have turned out great!
Test Subject
#30 Old 19th Sep 2009 at 11:22 PM
I need help, I'm so sorry.. but I cannot figure out how to delete that sims composite cache flie...I dont know exactly where it is. :-( could someone please help me out? I'd appreciate it so much.. :-(
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Sep 2009 at 12:05 AM
I've been really hesitant to put skintones in my game because of the whole default replacement thing. But I'm glad I tried these out. My first and it was love at first sight. Thank you SO much!
Banned
#32 Old 28th Sep 2009 at 6:39 PM
Thank you for this download ! =)
But I'm really desperate... I don't understand why my home it doesn't work =(
I deleted simCompositorCache, I restarted my game 4 times(U.U"), always the same.
It's always the skins game. I found nothing on French sites (I'm French), so I decided to ask here directly. Thank you in advance.

(and sorry for my English. It's possible that there are faults lol).
Test Subject
#33 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 5:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aide
Thank you for this download ! =)
But I'm really desperate... I don't understand why my home it doesn't work =(
I deleted simCompositorCache, I restarted my game 4 times(U.U"), always the same.
It's always the skins game. I found nothing on French sites (I'm French), so I decided to ask here directly. Thank you in advance.

(and sorry for my English. It's possible that there are faults lol).

I happen to be having the same problem as well. I don't even have a SimCompositorCache file in the specified area but I do not know if it has anything to do with the game being installed on the D drive (instead of C). Other things that I have installed work fine so if you can help, please do.
Banned
#34 Old 30th Sep 2009 at 8:20 PM
After a long wait, I succeeded !
I discovered that, in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 3\Mods\Packages, a new folder was created, "Skins". I put the files in it, and it worked ! =) Hope it works for you PutridBeing !
Test Subject
#35 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aide
After a long wait, I succeeded !
I discovered that, in C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Les Sims 3\Mods\Packages, a new folder was created, "Skins". I put the files in it, and it worked ! =) Hope it works for you PutridBeing !

Thank you! That did indeed seem to be the problem and it's working fine now. Totally agree with the more realistic expressions of the faces.
Test Subject
#36 Old 1st Oct 2009 at 8:08 AM
Can I just say, THANK YOU!

These are so wonderful and have made such an improvement to my game!
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 5:58 AM
Excurse me, but, do the female breasts get larger with this skin? ;o
Test Subject
#38 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 11:21 PM
I have 2 questions:
In order to have no nipples, do I need to download bodies file for it to work? And also do i need to download faces too or will it look weird if I don't?
Test Subject
#39 Old 3rd Oct 2009 at 11:21 PM
Thanks for the skintone!!!
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 4:10 AM
I'm assuming this does not work with the "Custard" anti-puddingface thing?

Always & forever,

Gwen
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 2:33 PM
Doesn't seem to work for me, although I did everything as instructed (created also Skins folder).
Where do you have to look in the game for these changes. I've searched all over in the Create New Sim but I didn't found anything.
Please help!
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 12:11 AM
ive been trying to download this for a while now and for some reason im only getting the body skin and not the face? i had a previous skin downloaded but i deleted it before downloading this. so idk what im doing wrong? can anyone help?
Test Subject
#43 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 12:56 AM
I love your Skin and I love your Models. Do you upload your models anywhere? Hachiko, Enzo and Elsa are so beautiful. I wished I could play these wonderful sims.
Test Subject
#44 Old 14th Oct 2009 at 12:06 AM
Great skin, looks nice.. BTW how do u make the models naked? Please send me a message if u decide to answer, cuz' i'm problably gonna forget to check here later. -.-
Test Subject
#45 Old 16th Oct 2009 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tabbybaby
ive been trying to download this for a while now and for some reason im only getting the body skin and not the face? i had a previous skin downloaded but i deleted it before downloading this. so idk what im doing wrong? can anyone help?

Hmm, try deleting the simcache file?

Always & forever,

Gwen
Scholar
#46 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 3:18 AM
So far I had just downloaded the body files, because I had KittyKlan's faces but no body skins for them. These body skins are fantastic! They have a nice texture in game and in CAS and finally I am so thrilled to have subtle collar bone texturing that blends smoothly as opposed to looking pasted flat onto the body. These body skins do look nice with KittyKlan's faces. I'll be trying your faces out soon as well.

And may I say it?--Nice boobs! LOL! They are defined enough to be sexy but subtle enough to work on the full range of fat-to-fit-to-thin morphs. That is also true of the rib-cage on the male skins. Sometimes less IS more and you've hit the right note of detail but providing it with restraint.
Test Subject
#47 Old 22nd Oct 2009 at 3:59 AM
I can't get this to work. Tried "Skins" folder technique but still nothing. Deleted the file in the documents folder, sim compositer, but still won't work. At least, I don't think so. Where would I find it in CAS?

You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
Test Subject
#48 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 2:17 PM
Nice Job!!!
Thanks for this download, but after I downloaded it my computer started running slower until it wasn't running at all...But nice job with the skin!!! It looks awesome!!!
Test Subject
#49 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 2:19 PM
This lagged my computer after downloading it...So I had to delete it sadly.... But it was nice getting to use this item...Thanks again!!!!!!!!! And when I type I like smash on the keyboard.......My keyboard is breaking from it and I'm making a lot of typos...
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 10:19 PM Last edited by TheNosferatu : 27th Oct 2009 at 10:30 PM. Reason: FIXED
Quote: Originally posted by Harvey D
I can't get this to work. Tried "Skins" folder technique but still nothing. Deleted the file in the documents folder, sim compositer, but still won't work. At least, I don't think so. Where would I find it in CAS?

Well, since they override the original skins, i asume that your already looking at them once in CAS, since the normal skins are gone

i asume anyway, cant be sure since it wont work for me either, put the files from GoS in the mods/packaged/skins folder, deleted both compositorCache.package and simcompositorCache.package in the sims 3 installation directory...

------

Never mind, i found the solution. Im running the awesome mod, and they had me replacing my Resource.cfg file, i checked and the new file had no link to the skins folder,

this makes me belief that those sub-folders in the packages are more for you then for the game, the game only cares about them being loaded trough the resource.cfg file. i suspect you can have them in a folder called 'Bullshit' and it would still work with the right line added to resource.fg :P

Anyway, this a good check for others having problems, check your resource.cfg
Page 2 of 5