Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Jericho

by simsample Posted 28th Dec 2011 at 5:56 PM - Updated 2nd Sep 2021 at 8:09 PM by simsample : Resurrected dead links!

521 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 292 Feedback Posts, 228 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 21
Test Subject
#101 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 3:23 PM
Umm where the hospital should be at, it's not showing a hospital there and I can't visit. HELP!!! I got a pregnant sim ready to give birth. I have all EP's, SP's and Riverview installed.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#102 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kikunohana
I love this world so much and I want to play it but when I try to save after playing for awhile I get Error 12 and am unable to save my progress. I have all the EPs and Stuff packs (except for Fast Lane and Master Suite), and have Riverview installed. Any suggestions on how to make the Error stop? I don't see this error in any of the default worlds... Thanks!
Try with "Save as" first, and if it doesn't help, here are various other solutions. Hopefully you'll find one that works. http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...TS3_Save_Errors It does occur in any world, EA made and custom ones. You just happened to bump in to it in this one the first.

pcdoctor, please see earlier comments about the hospital issue. There are a few about it, replied by Simsample too.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#103 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 6:15 PM
How do I add more NPC's for the cash registers and mixologist bar? Also more workers? My game is missing the tattoo artist so far. I have all eps, sps, riverview, hidden springs, just in case you need that info.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#104 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 8:06 PM
hannahmh87 and kikunohana- this world will most likely attract a higher population than the EA worlds since it has a larger number of lots. You could limit the number of sims with a mod, but it is a complex world and so it may be that lower specification computers will not handle it. Error 12 is a memory error, meaning the game does not have enough memory to create the save.

pcdoctor- Check your Riverview install, the spa and hospital are from that world, as are many world objects (such as the water tower).

cjf- I would recommend a mod such as Twallan's Register Mod, which will import sims specifically for the registers and tattoo chairs. In the standard game, existing sims will be used (which may take a while as the world starts off unpopulated). By default, the game will not assign an NPC to the tattoo chair unless on a salon lot- but you can manually assign a sim (using the Register Mod) or else have your sim ask another sim for a tattoo. There is also an automatic tattoo chair in the back room (watch out for rats) which will give your sim a decent tattoo.

Thank you all for downloading!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#105 Old 3rd Jan 2012 at 11:47 PM
This is the best world i've seen ! I can't imagine the amount of work and hours of creation that had been done on it.
I love the twin red houses !
Too bad I can't play with it ! I don't have Ambitions yet :cries:
Test Subject
#106 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 7:35 AM
Wow, I must say this is amazing. Great job.
Test Subject
#107 Old 4th Jan 2012 at 7:26 PM
Great job Simsample! To people with Awesome mod. I counted up all the houses with cribs as it's not listed and there's 15 with over half of them on the new Jericho side.
Lab Assistant
#108 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 4:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WayBack
It took eight tries for me to make the world work, but it's definitely worth the hassle. I love it. It almost feels like getting a new EP. I can't imagine the amount of work that went into creating this. I bow down to your patience and creativity. Thank you for sharing Jericho with us.

What did you do to make it work? I have tried both ways and it does file one just fine but the rest say broken link
Test Subject
#109 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 7:07 AM
i only have AMB and LN and Riverview but I really really really love what you created so I downloaded it. Downloading and installation went through without any hiccup (i think) but whenever i try creating a new game, it stops and closes - telling me that windows will try to look for solutions or whatever. i went over the threads but i can't find somebody experiencing the same problem. what could the reason possibly be? could it be the missing EPs? is there a way to override whatever you got from WA-GEN-PETS?
Eminence Grise
#110 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 7:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peachyherrin
i only have AMB and LN and Riverview but I really really really love what you created so I downloaded it. Downloading and installation went through without any hiccup (i think) but whenever i try creating a new game, it stops and closes - telling me that windows will try to look for solutions or whatever. i went over the threads but i can't find somebody experiencing the same problem. what could the reason possibly be? could it be the missing EPs? is there a way to override whatever you got from WA-GEN-PETS?

Required EPs are... required, yup :/ It's not just objects, it's functionality.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#111 Old 5th Jan 2012 at 1:32 PM
Very nice, very detailed and well thought of. An inspiration.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 5:50 AM
About Twallan's 'Stuck Check' thing;

I think 'Stuck Check' should be set to true and 'Stuck Check Auto Reset' to false. You want it to find stuck sims (StuckCheck) but not reset them (Auto-Reset) so that you can find and resolve the issue. I'm not patched up so I don't know for sure but that would seem to make the most sense.

Oh, BTW, great world Simsample. I don't have Pets so I can't try it out but it looks fantastic
Mad Poster
#113 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 10:20 PM
I adore this world simsample, it's amazing! :-) I do have a question though: when a sim returns from a WA destination, are they supposed to come back to the little island (that I can't manage to get them to leave - is it possible?) rather than go straight back to their home lot?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#114 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 12:02 PM
Thanks all for your great comments and feedback, and to all who downloaded and thanked! It is much appreciated.

Clutzy- thanks- I added a link to your post so that other Awesome users can see this information.

hege23- did you see that I posted an alternate download link in the first post?

peachyherrin- As Srikandi says, it requires those EPs and I cannot guarantee it will work without them. This is clearly stated in the first post. I have used many objects and lot zones from all of those EPs so it would barely be functional (and would look much different) even if you could get to to load. I'm sorry you can't play, but I have only made one version of this world, and have no plans to make other versions as there aren't enough years in my lifetime!

Daniel- thanks for the information! I added that to the first post, too.

lauratje86- There is no way to choose where the game will plonk your sims when they return from vacation, it will choose a random routable spot (just as it will when spawning an NPC). If you find your sim spawned to that island when returning, just turn on testing cheats (testingcheatsenabled true) and shift-click somewhere on the mainland and choose 'teleport here' to have them transport to a routable place, or else reset your sim to have it returned home. This is a hazard of having a routable inaccessible place, but I really wanted to have 'secret' places for sims to discover. In my playing experience of Jericho, sims are spawned to a different place each time they vacation, so it is possible that not all sims you vacation will be returned to that island in future.
Mad Poster
#115 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
lauratje86- There is no way to choose where the game will plonk your sims when they return from vacation, it will choose a random routable spot (just as it will when spawning an NPC). If you find your sim spawned to that island when returning, just turn on testing cheats (testingcheatsenabled true) and shift-click somewhere on the mainland and choose 'teleport here' to have them transport to a routable place, or else reset your sim to have it returned home. This is a hazard of having a routable inaccessible place, but I really wanted to have 'secret' places for sims to discover. In my playing experience of Jericho, sims are spawned to a different place each time they vacation, so it is possible that not all sims you vacation will be returned to that island in future.

Ah, thanks simsample - I was wondering! I'm pretty new to Sims 3 (which is weird after being so familiar with Sims 2 after playing it since it was released!) so I wasn't sure how it worked. I've been teleporting them back home, works fine. And it's certainly worth it for the secret areas - I'm thoroughly enjoying exploring the whole of Jericho - so much attention to detail, it's wonderful! Thank you for making it and sharing it with us! :-)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#116 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 5:05 PM
stunning world. DL'd it when you 1st loaded it and finally had time to get some 'play-time' in today Absloutly amazing, and has entered my list of 'dont play without', so thank you! Looking forward to future worlds you make.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#117 Old 9th Jan 2012 at 7:46 PM
This looks amazing! I've tried the create a world-tool, and I know it's hard work! I'm looking forward playing this. Thanks!!!
Test Subject
#118 Old 11th Jan 2012 at 8:10 PM
I went to extract the first file and it said there is a CRC error? Please help! I want to play this soooo bad!
Thank youu! Amazing work btw! =]
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#119 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 12:48 AM
Thanks for the nice comments, lauratje86, Elven_Ranger, drougge and frostleah!

lauratje86- Of course, you could always look around the islands to try to find a different way back- Salde Rock and Mapleburg both have some secrets! (See the map if you're not sure which islands those are).

Elven_Ranger- you may have a long wait, this one took me almost two years!

frostleah- Try first redownloading, and following the instructions on the 'Download' tab carefully. If that does not work, try downloading from the alternative download link on the main post ('Overview' tab).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#120 Old 12th Jan 2012 at 7:58 AM
Been playing this world for a little bit and I wouldnt play any other world, its like it was made for me! lol, I love the assylum! Thankyou so much x
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 14th Jan 2012 at 8:20 PM
Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like it FFXFanatic!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#122 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 1:42 AM
Amazingly stunning, stunningly detailed. *drowing in a puddle of drool*
My Sims pack their back and plan holidays there.
Test Subject
#123 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 8:09 AM
Hey! Amasing world you've made here! Bin looking for a would that includes things from others ep's instead of being spes to one of them! Rly love this world, it has so many fun secrets and details.. But.. When any of my adults get the promt to go on a free hollydays while the teens are alone at home they get stuck on one of the isles on theyr way home, ( i know i can use the wells to get her back somehow but i want to experiment and discover on a fair way so i just teleport them back by cheat). And is there a way to make to wourld/weater lighter? It's dark at 15pm 3out of 4days. U got rly mad skills at this, I hope to see more from you as the ep's keep comming! Have an awesome day! :D
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 11:27 AM
ATS Sandy: Haha, there are a LOT of bars for Patty and Edwige to visit! And plenty of places for F-X to hide from his parents! I'm glad you like it, have you found the house I built for you yet? Thank you for posting, my dear friend!

ThristaSims - thank you for the lovely comment! Yes, there are ways to get your sims back from either Mapleburg Island or Salde Rock- they both have secrets to discover, if you don't want to teleport your sims back. You just need to explore a bit! For the weather, you have two options- either remove the weather files altogether, or else mod them to your liking. For both of these options you will need to look at this thread for information- the resources you need to mod or remove are as follows:
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#125 Old 18th Jan 2012 at 10:50 PM
OMG, OMG!! I didn't know! But I knew where to look for! Forget my Sims, *I* am moving in. And you have a big kiss from F-X for the Montvillain street!
Page 5 of 21