Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#10676 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:50 PM
So the game is coded to not generate new tourists at all the way it usually generates new townies?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#10677 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 7:53 PM
Speaking of fire alarms..when we had some remodel done they insisted that each bedroom have an alarm. I argued, there is NOTHING in there that is going to get hot! No alarm required in garage, where I have had fires in 2 prior houses due to the dryer. Alarms always choose middle of night to announce that battery is low..by loud noise every few minutes. Bedroom alarms have been killed.
My sims also hate being startled awake because lightning started a fire outside, or the dogs running away, but I like alarms outside because sometimes the rain does not put out the fire. I should look for an alarm that calls the fire department WITHOUT waking everyone up. And stop all that ridiculous lightning! And stop the firemen from telling me to be more careful!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10678 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So long as the food isn't burnt they should get the memory.

This obviously can't apply to every single food? I've never had a sim get a memory "learned how to make cereal," for example.

Quote: Originally posted by rielynn71
It may be that some of these can only be prevented with empty templates.

Yes, that's exactly it. The no regen/no respawn mods only prevent the game from making new npcs/townies/etc; they can't remove ones that already exist.
Mad Poster
#10679 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:38 PM
A few questions about pet breeding and genetics.

1. There's no way to age a pet down to a baby, is there?
2. Is there a way, via some tool or another, to create baby clones of a cat? (Christianlov's baby pet creator, or in lieu of that, impregnating the poor cat with himself). I want to make some baby Tigers for my adoption pool.
3. If you change a pet's appearance via the mirror, does it affect their genetics?
4. Is there an orange kitten skin? I only recall seeing black, brown, and white.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#10680 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 9:41 PM
i've seen orange kittens before like a lot

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Top Secret Researcher
#10681 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister

2. Is there a way, via some tool or another, to create baby clones of a cat? (Christianlov's baby pet creator, or in lieu of that, impregnating the poor cat with himself). I want to make some baby Tigers for my adoption pool.
3. If you change a pet's appearance via the mirror, does it affect their genetics?
4. Is there an orange kitten skin? I only recall seeing black, brown, and white.

1. I don't think so.
2. I would create a breed of Tigers, then buy the Tigers in Pet CAS, and then breed the Tigers and then seed the Adption Pool, I don't think that there is an easier way.
3. I don't think so.
4. I don't know.

I hope that my suggestion for 2. is useful.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Instructor
#10682 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:40 AM
3.Yes
4. You can get orange, black, white, dk and lt brown, grey, blue grey, plus all the colours that are unlocked eg goofy, purple etc
Mad Poster
#10683 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:43 AM
Default Re: "learned how to make" memory
I think it has to be above a certain cooking level - 4 or 5 IIRC.
That seems to be about right. I checked Andrew's memories in SimPE. (He thinks he's a good cook. [Correction:] I'm being churlish about a very good friend -- he is quite a good cook.) The first food item for which he has a visible "learned to cook" memory is omelettes. For earlier items he has just an invisible "Token - Sim - Foods Cooked Well" memory. Sims seem to get those tokens for everything they learn to cook.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10684 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
That seems to be about right. I checked Andrew's memories in SimPE. (He thinks he's a good cook. [Correction:] I'm being churlish about a very good friend -- he is quite a good cook.) The first food item for which he has a visible "learned to cook" memory is omelettes. For earlier items he has just an invisible "Token - Sim - Foods Cooked Well" memory. Sims seem to get those tokens for everything they learn to cook.

Ah, thanks so much! That makes me feel a bit better, since Hamburgers is indeed just bellow that cutoff. I guess my sims aren't broken after all.
Inventor
#10685 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:16 AM

I know this is already answered, but I remembered adopting an orange kitten once, even though as an adult it was a much darker brown.
Screenshots

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Mad Poster
#10686 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:47 PM
What would happen If I turn a residential lot into a dorm on the main hood? Would it function well how it like it is, except that adults/older could claim those doors and live in there? No npc like cheerleaders and mascots would do their thing there?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10687 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
What would happen If I turn a residential lot into a dorm on the main hood? Would it function well how it like it is, except that adults/older could claim those doors and live in there? No npc like cheerleaders and mascots would do their thing there?

No idea about changing a dorm lot but you can use the doors in the main hood.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10688 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:17 PM
If you want it to work as a dorm with cheerleaders etc you also need Lion's Gold record. Google 'base hood uni' and it should show up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#10689 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:50 PM Last edited by LilSister : 19th Nov 2017 at 3:20 PM.

I've turned a residential lot into a dorm in my main hood, but it was used for students. No idea what would happen if you tried to move adults in. If you really want to know, I suggest either making a backup of your game, or creating a test neighborhood and try it. That's how I figure out what will work or won't work with things I want to do in my game.

Also, if you build the lot in Uni and use it in your main hood (for YA's only) YA's will go class without any additional cheats and other YA's will visit as normal (at least that's how it works for me in my game.) Using a lot built in Uni makes the semester tester unnecessary but other mods are needed to allow students to perform their college task outside of Uni.
Mad Poster
#10690 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:44 PM
Silly Question: Does anyone else start up CAS just to "roll the pacifier", but end up with Sims that you like so much that you add them to the game?

Last night I created 8 Sims in a household that way. I'm not expecting any babies (my whole game averages about one live birth per year!), but I have found that, if I don't randomise things at the start, any townie or NPC that the game generates will be Aries and Popularity. I also wanted to make sure that some clothes I'd made available as separates and townified, were working properly. Anyway I made 4 adults (2 male and 2 female) and then used the "pacifier" button to give them 4 teenage children. And I liked what I saw so much that I added them to Baldrair Bluffs. Now I'm not sure what to do with them. I could make them all into townies -- my first idea. (I don't mind having townies related to each other -- I find the Tricou teens fascinating.) Or I could split them in two families and move them into two of the empty houses in the Fledgling Heights scheme. Or I could leave them all together in some sort of polyamorous commune. That's probably the most interesting idea, but it means I'd have to build a house for them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10691 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:46 PM
I don't go in to roll pacifier, but it's happened more than once that I go in to make a specific thing but the randomized Sim that comes up when I start it is so nice I make it and add it as a townie. It's nice to have randomized things from time to time, makes combinations that you'd not think of yourself.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Mad Poster
#10692 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 3:47 PM
Cats are not orange. They are gingers Ginger cats have personality traits that no other cats have and females are actually quite rare (although we have one).
Mad Poster
#10693 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 4:59 PM

============
1 - no
2- the pet creator; if it's the one I'm thinking of that looks like the cat on a pedestal statue, doesn't work that way. But there DOES have to be cats in the hood; it lets you pick mother & father & then POOF a baby appears. Um now I'll have to see if cat STRAYS exist!
3 no

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#10694 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Cats are not orange. They are gingers Ginger cats have personality traits that no other cats have and females are actually quite rare (although we have one).

Fun fact: You'll never see a solid red/orange cat. They're always a tabby, although occasionally the stripes aren't very visible.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10695 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LilSister
Also, if you build the lot in Uni and use it in your main hood (for YA's only)

How can build the lot in Uni, but use in the main hood at the same time? Not understanding this contradiction
Mad Poster
#10696 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM
Move it to the lot bin when you're done building it?

Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Silly Question: Does anyone else start up CAS just to "roll the pacifier", but end up with Sims that you like so much that you add them to the game?

This happened once, a female Sim came out rather lovely. I didn't use her right away but saved her and later ended up using her in my orphanage. She and her sister are happily adopted now.

Forum Resident
#10697 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 5:58 PM
How can build the lot in Uni, but use in the main hood at the same time? Not understanding this contradiction

I have a neighborhood that I use for only building my lots - no Sims live there. When I want to create a lot for college students to use in my main neighborhood, I build it in the college neighborhood associated with my building neighborhood. After the lot is finished, I packaged it to file and then I add it to the lot bin. I then load SimPE and remove all Sim references from the lot while it is in the lot bin. The lot is now available to use in either my college neighborhoods or my main neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#10698 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:15 PM
Basically, two (main and college) indentical linked to one another, with both having the exact same dorms in the exact street in the exact replica world? I had a though of doing to give it an illiusion that it looks like the university exists in the main neighborhood.

Never I actually tried using SimPE, despite having it installed. And yeah I know, I'm out of the trend or whatever.
Mad Poster
#10699 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:20 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 19th Nov 2017 at 11:42 PM.
One of my Sims wants to influence someone to write her term paper, but that isn't an option on any of the Sims she tries. I'm trying to google for an answer, but while attempting I figured I'd ask you guys. Do any of you know what the requirements are for it to show up? According to wiki it requires 2500 points, which she has. For example, does the other Sim have to be in the same major?

EDIT: Had a look at code, and the requirements in the original maxis code are the other sim must be a YA, and your Sim has to actually need a term paper written (aka not graduated and waiting to go home, or having finished it already). That's it. But apparently Squinge made some pretty extensive modifications to it with his college anywhere hack, so need to decipher that too.
Thanks CaliBrat, I appreciate the feedback No relationship test in the code, though might be one in the Squinge version.
And fair question ihate, but yes, I am sure

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Theorist
#10700 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
One of my Sims wants to influence someone to write her term paper, but that isn't an option on any of the Sims she tries. I'm trying to google for an answer, but while attempting I figured I'd ask you guys. Do any of you know what the requirements are for it to show up? According to wiki it requires 2500 points, which she has. For example, does the other Sim have to be in the same major?

I'm not quiet sure Gummi, but I think you need to have a somewhat if not moderate relationship with your intended vict...err sim :P
Page 428 of 1339