Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#7751 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
An 18-year-old would be considered an adult anyway. Unless you mind height difference, why not have YA in relationship with adult?

Well she's a character from something else and she's 18, so teenager. Plus I like the idea of this character being a high school student.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#7752 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sims do not get stuck while they are hibernating. They get stuck when they instantiate, that is come out of hibernation because it is time for them to be someplace or the game is calling for them to do so, in an unfortunate spot. Overwatch stuck report on, stuck auto-reset off, can help us find the exact spot that is causing the problem, but sounds like that's what attuned is already doing (or something equivalent).

Okay, that makes sense. Yes- Overwatch stuck report on, auto-reset off: the only way to test a world. Thanks igazor.

Sorry Don, no picture, but I will try to get one next time. Thanks.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#7753 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Okay, that makes sense. Yes- Overwatch stuck report on, auto-reset off: the only way to test a world. Thanks igazor.

Sorry Don, no picture, but I will try to get one next time. Thanks.

If all else fails and you keep getting into in some kind of instantiate-sim gets stuck-you reset-happens again kind of loop and it doesn't make sense to rearrange the residential lot just to avoid this, you could try playing with the lot MC > Opened just to see what happens. That should keep the sims who live there animated all of the time, so there will be no hibernation. If you do that on enough inactive lots at the same time though, there will likely be a performance hit and inactive lots tend to close themselves back up again the next time the game is loaded, so it's really more of an experiment than a long-term solution.

The NRaas HomeOpener mod automagically opens all inactive residential lots for you and keeps them that way. But interesting though that can be to fool around with, for most worlds unless they have very few inactive households the performance hit will be intolerable.
Mad Poster
#7754 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Are MissyHissy career mods compatible with 1.67 patch? I have NRAAS career mod.

As far as we are aware, all of Missy's custom careers work fine with the current version of the NRaas Careers mod on patches 1.67 and 1.69. She mentions 1.69 specifically on her home page, but there are never any patch version issues between 1.66/67/69 as the game files are exactly the same for all three patch levels except for their internal build numbers -- this only bothers Core Mods and that wouldn't relevant for custom careers.
Test Subject
#7755 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 12:33 PM
How can I make sims stop wearing these weird career outfits? I know I can just add a second outfit. But is there another solution?
Test Subject
#7756 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 1:01 PM
Are they wearing them at random or do you want to just change their career outfit? If it's the later, I open CAS, the change outfit and they're fine after that. I haven't seem sims get dressed for work if they're not going.

Well, they used to have some set normal outfit for every job position. Now they wear something crazy, and the outfit doesn't change even after promotion. So I want to know if there's a way to make them wear those set normal clothes instead
Inventor
#7757 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:59 PM
When I click to save a color preset of a clothing piece or a furniture item, where will that color preset be saved in the documents folder? Like sims saved in bin go to savedsims folder, but where do clothes/object colors go?
Instructor
#7758 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
When I click to save a color preset of a clothing piece or a furniture item, where will that color preset be saved in the documents folder? Like sims saved in bin go to savedsims folder, but where do clothes/object colors go?

They go into the UserPresets package, along with all the patterns you save into Favourites, they aren't separate files like the saved sims.
Mad Poster
#7759 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 8:50 PM
Is there a way to lock down wishes? It is really annoying to leave a household for 5 minutes only to come back to the household I'm playing and find everything re-rolled.

Dream Catching switches will preserve promised wishes and opportunities. Non-Dream Catching switches will not. When using NRaas mods, it depends on the method used to switch as to whether it is Dream Catching.

MC > Make Active Household (or Sim) is Dream Catching only if MC is set to be so under MC > Settings > Retain Dreams and Opportunities.
SP > Make Active is Dream Catching only if the household is set to Retain Dreams and Opportunities under SP > Household Options (or I guess a caste or the entire town could be set or unset this way).
Selector's right-click to switch actives is always Dream Catching, if right-clicks are allowed under Selector's settings.
PortraitPanel to switch actives is always Dream Catching if PP is allowed to switch actives under its settings (and if you keep inactives on the portrait panel).
Split households while moving and switching actives "the EA way" by way of Edit Town are governed by the equivalent setting in Mover.

Note that too many Dream Managers running at the same time on a given world can cause a huge performance hit. How many is "too many" depends on the system and how large or complex the world is. Could be 1 household or 20. We can see how many DMs are running by doing, on City Hall/in-game computer, something harmless like MC > Sim > Basic > Family Tree (for example) > Filter to Has Dream Manager. We can't switch DMs off selectively, but we can switch them off for all inactives with MC > Town > Drop All Dreams and Opportunities (this won't affect the currently active household).

The NRaas Dreamer mod enhances the dream system in a few ways, but doesn't change the basic concepts of Dream Managers and how they work.
#7760 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:47 AM
Why is it that single beds are less comfortable than double beds? I can't figure that out. Have nobody at EA slept on a comfortable single bed? Even singles and doubles in the same set will be different and that doesn't make sense. I can't get my kids to have a good night's sleep.
Instructor
#7761 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:37 AM
Okay, I have one that I haven't quite been able to figure out: Who is Don Babilon (the sim, that is, not the user)? Is it Don Lothario with a new last name? Enquiring minds want to know. I feel like I oughta know this and yet...
Instructor
#7762 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Okay, I have one that I haven't quite been able to figure out: Who is Don Babilon (the sim, that is, not the user)? Is it Don Lothario with a new last name? Enquiring minds want to know. I feel like I oughta know this and yet...

Heheh, he's a downloadable sim from MTS, created by the user Don Babilon. He's a mixture of a "gentleman thief" archetype and a "male socialite from the '30s" archetype - the sim, that is, not the user (I think). I also have him in my game, though currently not active in any of my neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#7763 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 5:58 PM
I wish the Don question had been drawn out a bit more before the correct answer was provided. Was envisioning something like...

"Tonight on Biography we answer the question on everyone's minds, 'Just who is Don Babilon?'"

Was going to make popcorn and everything. Guess I'll have to find something else to do tonight.
Field Researcher
#7764 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:11 PM
I got one. Supernatural added the Mood lamps. But what purpose does they serve really? As far as I can tell all they do is give your Sim a moodlet and that's all. In Sims 4 it would make sense (wth it being based all around moods) but in Sims 3?
Site Helper
#7765 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
Why is it that single beds are less comfortable than double beds? I can't figure that out. Have nobody at EA slept on a comfortable single bed? Even singles and doubles in the same set will be different and that doesn't make sense. I can't get my kids to have a good night's sleep.

I suppose that having more room to sprawl around in before you discover that you've gone too far and are waking up halfway to the floor is automatically considered more comfortable, even for those who cannot fall out of the bed?

Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I got one. Supernatural added the Mood lamps. But what purpose does they serve really? As far as I can tell all they do is give your Sim a moodlet and that's all. In Sims 4 it would make sense (wth it being based all around moods) but in Sims 3?

The various auras make certain interactions either easier or harder. (Pink auras can get even a grumpy, unflirty sim into a romantic mood.) Mood lamps are also useful to leave running if you have fairies that you don't like, because they end up getting attracted to the light and burning themselves. Over and over. (Of course, this is not so handy if you do like the fairies...). And I've had zombies get distracted by mood lamps around my gardens.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
#7766 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 7:28 PM
I'm trying to run a store using Ani's Shop from Inventory for the first time. It's meant to be a jewelry/perfume store, using the crafted items from the Glassblowing and Jewelry Making Station. I downloaded a little store with a crafting area in back and I'm trying to get it nicely stocked before I switch to another household. But there are a couple problems:

1. Even though the store is supposed to be closed, it's still drawing sims to it. I'm assuming because I gave it the Hangout lot assignment. I'd mark it as a Consignment Store, but I think I remember reading awhile back that it's not good to have more than one in your town. Am I remembering right? Or was that just referring to the consignment store registers?

2. Before I locked the doors, it seems like sims were buying things on their own, even though my sim isn't at the register. Is that possible?

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7767 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Easy. Don Babilon is everything Don Lothario wishes to be.
Field Researcher
#7768 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I suppose that having more room to sprawl around in before you discover that you've gone too far and are waking up halfway to the floor is automatically considered more comfortable, even for those who cannot fall out of the bed?

The various auras make certain interactions either easier or harder. (Pink auras can get even a grumpy, unflirty sim into a romantic mood.) Mood lamps are also useful to leave running if you have fairies that you don't like, because they end up getting attracted to the light and burning themselves. Over and over. (Of course, this is not so handy if you do like the fairies...). And I've had zombies get distracted by mood lamps around my gardens.

I did try a flirty interaction (heat of the moment kiss) while under pink aura but the other Sim still thought my Sim was creepy. I do remember the lights attracting zombie tho. I used it for that purpose once (God I hate those zombie spawns... one of my Sim even got turned when I wasn't looking. It doesn't make sense for zombies to spawn EVERYWHERE. At least it's temporary unlike Sims 2...).
Field Researcher
#7769 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I did try a flirty interaction (heat of the moment kiss) while under pink aura but the other Sim still thought my Sim was creepy. I do remember the lights attracting zombie tho. I used it for that purpose once (God I hate those zombie spawns... one of my Sim even got turned when I wasn't looking. It doesn't make sense for zombies to spawn EVERYWHERE. At least it's temporary unlike Sims 2...).

If you want to disable zombies completely, there's always the Retuner .

Hey- if you said something to me in a post and I didn't write back, I'm sorry. Sometimes I don't feel good enough to post and by the time I'm able to the thread's old enough that I feel kind of weird about bumping it just to post one or two sentences. So please don't take it personally! :)
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7770 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 11:11 PM
The mood lamp also changes the skin colour of Sims temporarily, like the jellybeans, and it can cure zombies.
Instructor
#7771 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 5:36 AM
LOL, well at least my curiosity is finally satisfied about Don Babilon. Once I get my computer back I'll have to set him loose in one of my saves and see what happens :D
#7772 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

But as low as 4 for the more expensive ones, even in sets where the double goes as high as 10?
Site Helper
#7773 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:11 PM
Yeah, that's where the theory breaks down. Unless the one responsible for setting the bed comfort stats has just fallen out of bed and broken something...
There are also double beds which are as expensive as the beds in the catalog next to them which have comfort levels somewhere around 6 when the nearby beds have comfort levels of 10, so it's not (entirely) a matter of making sure that the more expensive beds are more comfortable. And one really nice single bed that came with one of the EPs I actually have and gets used rather often with the transmogrifier to give its script to the bed I actually wanted in the room.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Inventor
#7774 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:19 PM Last edited by chokolady : 21st Jul 2018 at 3:29 PM.
If I want inactive sims to visit my edited World of Wonder lot and the lot I placed roller coaster set from store on more, should I set it to hangout, big park or recreation park? Or maybe something entirely different?
Field Researcher
#7775 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Macaroodle
If you want to disable zombies completely, there's always the Retuner .

I do have that mod... but I have no experience in altering stuff in it. I guess i could take a glance. At least it keeps the zombie "population" down. before adding that mod three or four zombies could spawn. Now there's like one or two only.
Page 311 of 385