Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Cutest Little PlumBob MTS Baby/Toddler Photo Contest for Sims 2, 3, and 4 - posted on 2nd Oct 2018 at 5:07 AM
Replies: 4212 (Who?), Viewed: 161581 times.
Page 159 of 169
Mad Poster
#3951 Old 23rd May 2018 at 12:12 PM
Would you people please keep your fleas to yourselves? This is the second time in six months I've had to have my apartment treated for the parasites. My cats NEVER go outside and we live on the second floor. Apparently, every time I walk out the door, some yahoo with fleas walks past me.

Please stop.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Alchemist
#3952 Old 23rd May 2018 at 3:46 PM
Got bitten by some sort of fly-like mosquito (Midge?Gnat?) 2 days ago and now I have this huge swollen, painful and itchy spot which covers a quarter of my forearm.

If you've ever fantasized about your funeral/ I understand/ I've been there before
-Touché Amoré
#3953 Old 25th May 2018 at 4:58 PM
Sigh. Now the teenager is home from school and because he didn't clean his room or do his dishes or anything, I've told him he has to do them now. We have to have the house cleaned for the landlord by 6pm. He then proceeded to half-ass it all which I wasn't happy with. The cutlary were thrown in the draw, dishes in the cupboards were balanced on top of pans and other bits and bobs so when the cupboard was opened they all fell out (luckily none smashed), and after arguing that I apparently hadn't previously told him to clean his room (not true, I told him two days ago and reminded him yesterday) he then stated that his room is clean. Went to check: dirty underwear on the floor, douvet not in cover, bed not made, half eaten food on the bookshelf, etc. Not clean! I made him clean it, several times until it was to a decent standard (for now I'm politely ignoring all the dirty clothes hidden in his wardrobe because lord help me I'm not doing another load of washing)

Then he complains that he needs a bigger SD card for his camera because he's already filled this one up making YouTube videos. I told him not to use his expensive camera for YouTube videos in case he accidentally breaks it, and even gave him my camcorder I use to use for media/film studies throughout college. It's in good condition and it's not too old (about 5 or so). I said I'd get him the SD card if he was taking photography, but if he was just making silly YouTube videos then I won't. So he's not interested anymore. Besides, we literally got him a laptop a few days ago, why can't he keep his videos on there? Why does he need to keep it all on his camera?

Teenagers

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#3954 Old 29th May 2018 at 10:08 PM
Dear Self,

You do not need a puppy, or two. You do not need the yapping, pooping, peeing all over the floor, housebreaking issues and teething. Then there is the crate training, vet bills for spaying / neutering, checkups, ect... Enough already.

P.S. To current ball of Jack Russell, you confuse me, girlfriend. You hate having a bath, but as soon as I get the hose out, you want in on it. Warm bath vs being sprayed with frigid water. This is one reason Jack Russell's earn the nickname 'Jack on crack'.
Theorist
DELETED POST
29th May 2018 at 11:08 PM Last edited by HarVee : 29th May 2018 at 11:25 PM.
This message has been deleted by HarVee.
Mad Poster
#3955 Old 30th May 2018 at 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
Dear Self,

You do not need a puppy, or two. You do not need the yapping, pooping, peeing all over the floor, housebreaking issues and teething. Then there is the crate training, vet bills for spaying / neutering, checkups, ect... Enough already.

P.S. To current ball of Jack Russell, you confuse me, girlfriend. You hate having a bath, but as soon as I get the hose out, you want in on it. Warm bath vs being sprayed with frigid water. This is one reason Jack Russell's earn the nickname 'Jack on crack'.

Life is short. Love a puppy.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Alchemist
#3956 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
Life is short. Love a puppy.

You're a bad influence.

I've had these thoughts rolling around in my brain for well over a year now. Usually when I have bouts like this it is because there is something going on that I for whatever reason can't wrap my mind around. There is nothing going on to speak of. I dunno...
Alchemist
#3957 Old 30th May 2018 at 1:53 AM
It's almost 3am and I can't sleep. I'm not even tired at all. I can't go around and about the house either because everyone's asleep, and the dogs will make plenty of noise when I enter the living room. I only have my thoughts, and they suck, they never come to an end.

If you've ever fantasized about your funeral/ I understand/ I've been there before
-Touché Amoré
#3958 Old 30th May 2018 at 7:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
It's almost 3am and I can't sleep. I'm not even tired at all. I can't go around and about the house either because everyone's asleep, and the dogs will make plenty of noise when I enter the living room. I only have my thoughts, and they suck, they never come to an end.

My doc gave me lithium and klonopin for that. I was a danger to myself and had some dark thoughts. I am lonely late at night too but maybe that's best because my mood is unpredictable. That's why you find me here so late.

- Sent from my iHell
Alchemist
#3959 Old 31st May 2018 at 1:18 AM
I was missing an important piece of paper for my referral to the dermatologist. Not only that, whenever the person on the other end messed up registering my info, I really wanted to yank all the hairs all over me out because they messed up between my communiques, like between my turns.

I am just going to have to wait until my father returns, because he usually helps me when people in accounting and appointments dick around with someone who has a "murder" button installed with a hair trigger sensitivity.

I was pretty angry but I wasn't hungry so I ruled out being hangry.

My anger is something I wish wasn't a common element in my days, but when you act like a dumb blonde stereotype when you should be paying your undivided attention to a patient making the initial appointment to show your skin to a doctor who can heal injuries and infections and remove growths. To get an idea of the common areas where these issues happen, put me in a short sleeve romper. Under the romper is where you'll find the skin conditions.

I am currently working on losing weight so I can buy a bikini from the local clothing departments instead of specialty stores, but my skin conditions prevent from people getting to know me.

So, along with my issues with making appointments and my self-conscious feelings involving my body and self esteem due to the numerous skin problems, it's not easy to live with people who would stare at my skin and not my face when I talk.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#3960 Old 31st May 2018 at 2:45 PM Last edited by Johnny_Bravo : 31st May 2018 at 3:41 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoSuavecito
My doc gave me lithium and klonopin for that. I was a danger to myself and had some dark thoughts. I am lonely late at night too but maybe that's best because my mood is unpredictable. That's why you find me here so late.

I can control myself, but only to a certain degree. I started to have self control issues coming this morning due to my lack of sleep for 2 days.

Edit: Internet decided to go slow. Doesn't even properly load with 144p on youtube. Merkel has been saying that Germany will have fast internet ASAP to catch up with the other EU countries. That was 2006. We're getting a fibre connection soon, but 12 years ain't ASAP, Frau Merkel. Oh and meanwhile you might want Germany to catch up with a lot of other stuff too, since it's still in the Stone age compared to other EU countries. No one gives a shit if you're powerful or not (Which it isn't either) I could go on and on but it already got off-topic since I was initially complaing about the internet

-Touché Amoré
#3961 Old 31st May 2018 at 4:33 PM Last edited by adamsavagefan : 31st May 2018 at 4:41 PM. Reason: needed to include episode listing
Does anyone here know where I can Science of Stupid Series 2? Google is no help and Hulu and Netflix require giving a credit card number just to search. I discovered the show too late to record it on my own.
Episode Listing
Alchemist
#3962 Old 31st May 2018 at 4:54 PM
All the buttheads are out. People that don't know how to drive, people being a pain the in ass in the store, ect... Then there are the special types that while they didn't say anything about the shirt I'm wearing, I got many furrowed eyebrows tossed in my direction. It sez the following:

Quote:
National Sarcastic Society
Like we need your support

It is not a big deal. There are far bigger problems in the world than the item of clothing I chose to put on this morning.
Alchemist
#3963 Old 31st May 2018 at 5:29 PM
Quote:
All the buttheads are out. People that don't know how to drive, people being a pain the in ass in the store, ect... Then there are the special types that while they didn't say anything about the shirt I'm wearing, I got many furrowed eyebrows tossed in my direction. It sez the following:

It is not a big deal. There are far bigger problems in the world than the item of clothing I chose to put on this morning.

It's because most people dislike you if you're not like them. Intolerance. I call stupidity on people who get offended by clothing. (As long as it's nothing racist or a giant swastika of course.

I have a similar shirt which says 'Sarcasm inc. Serving idiots all over the world since 1852' But I could wear anything in English since only a few people here would understand.

-Touché Amoré
#3964 Old 31st May 2018 at 6:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_Bravo
It's because most people dislike you if you're not like them. Intolerance. I call stupidity on people who get offended by clothing. (As long as it's nothing racist or a giant swastika of course.

I have a similar shirt which says 'Sarcasm inc. Serving idiots all over the world since 1852' But I could wear anything in English since only a few people here would understand.

I don't want to be like them. There are many pairs of cringy feet walking around in flip-flops these days. I joke about people wearing socks with sandals, but the truth be told, I'd rather see that than somebodies funky feet that look like they walked through mud all day.

You may be on to something about the shirt thing. Keeping buying the ones I like, but instead of English they would have text written in some other language. If swearing at people sounds better in another language, certainly not swearing would work as well.
Alchemist
#3965 Old 2nd Jun 2018 at 1:58 AM
Of all the days to run out of my panic\migraine pills.

I'm on Clonozepam (Klonopin) and I used to get it in 30 day bottles. However, for the past couple of months, I have been put on 10 day bottles. If I run out when the offices are closed, I have painful withdrawal headaches.

My father is doing everything in his power to get it refilled. He's gone to the length of probably sending me to stay with my doctor who prescribed it as a taste of her own Medicine or in this case, a lack thereof.

My father hates seeing me in pain. I hate being in pain. He's pretty serious if this happens again.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Mad Poster
#3966 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 5:46 PM
So, after spending 17000 or so dollars a couple of weeks ago for Capstarr, Advantage, and professional flea spray, my cat has a flea bite on his neck. The exterminator told me the fleas will still hatch and bite them, but they will die (the fleas, not the cats) because of the toxic environment of their skin and the house.

NOT HAPPY.

My son told me to buy a dehumidifier because fleas can't hatch if the humidity is under 60%. Another fortune spent.

I am not a fan of fleas.

Alchemist
#3967 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote:
So, after spending 17000 or so dollars a couple of weeks ago for Capstarr, Advantage, and professional flea spray, my cat has a flea bite on his neck. The exterminator told me the fleas will still hatch and bite them, but they will die (the fleas, not the cats) because of the toxic environment of their skin and the house.

NOT HAPPY.

My son told me to buy a dehumidifier because fleas can't hatch if the humidity is under 60%. Another fortune spent.

I am not a fan of fleas.

Ouch. I'm sorry.

The deal with Advantage and those types of topical flea treatments is, they don't kill fleas on contact. Rather they keep the fleas from reproducing so you don't end up having to to deal with the thousands that they can produce if left unchecked. I'm not saying that these kinds of treatments are bad, because they're not. However, they should be part of a broader plan if you will to get rid of them. I realize it is your neighbor that is the problem, not you. I've lived in that type of situation where a neighbor who happened to my landlord at the time had animals with fleas and the fleas would make their way up the stairs to where I was. After about 2 months, we had words about it.

What I do to control fleas is treat the lawn as we also issues with ticks because we're surrounded by woods. Deer ticks are nasty to pets and humans. I digress. The other thing I do is vacuum all the time. It isn't exciting and is mind-numbing but, even though most of my house is hardwood floors, the upstairs floors have nooks and things in them as the house is almost 40 years old. Fleas like those kinds of places to hide, so if I vacuum, I'm not giving them the opportunity to take up residence and or the chance to leave eggs everywhere.

By all means, try a dehumidifier if that's what you want to do, but I'm not convinced that actually works. There are people up my way, including my former landlord who had flea problems year round and I don't live in a area that is humid all the time. Sub-zero temps and what was equal to a few feet of snow isn't what one would call 'flea friendly'.
Field Researcher
#3968 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 7:34 PM
Stupid vent alert!:
just realized that I am the rebound for this guy I was falling for, this being the first "real" heartbreak I've had,and the sad thing is that we were really close and had manythings in common, which I usually don't have with others, and I really wanna cry and be a mess until things start to heal, which I can't especially since I'm going on a huge family trip tomorrow.I'm gonna have to act normal so no one would know, which is a terribly hard thing to do when you lose your apetite and wanna throw up everything that goes into your mouth.
I was really looking forward to this trip
wish me luck
Mad Poster
#3969 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote:
Ouch. I'm sorry.

The deal with Advantage and those types of topical flea treatments is, they don't kill fleas on contact. Rather they keep the fleas from reproducing so you don't end up having to to deal with the thousands that they can produce if left unchecked. I'm not saying that these kinds of treatments are bad, because they're not. However, they should be part of a broader plan if you will to get rid of them. I realize it is your neighbor that is the problem, not you. I've lived in that type of situation where a neighbor who happened to my landlord at the time had animals with fleas and the fleas would make their way up the stairs to where I was. After about 2 months, we had words about it.

What I do to control fleas is treat the lawn as we also issues with ticks because we're surrounded by woods. Deer ticks are nasty to pets and humans. I digress. The other thing I do is vacuum all the time. It isn't exciting and is mind-numbing but, even though most of my house is hardwood floors, the upstairs floors have nooks and things in them as the house is almost 40 years old. Fleas like those kinds of places to hide, so if I vacuum, I'm not giving them the opportunity to take up residence and or the chance to leave eggs everywhere.

By all means, try a dehumidifier if that's what you want to do, but I'm not convinced that actually works. There are people up my way, including my former landlord who had flea problems year round and I don't live in a area that is humid all the time. Sub-zero temps and what was equal to a few feet of snow isn't what one would call 'flea friendly'.

We both live right here by the sea on the hot side of the country. He has four animals and had a huge flea problem when when he first moved down here. He researched on line and found out that they love humidity, but can't hatch if the air is less than 60%. He bought a humidifier and hasn't seen a flea in over 4 years. So, I'll give it a try.

I don't know how I get them. The lawns here are sprayed. Someone in this building must have them and they are traveling over here as you said. But, they've got to get gone. This is ridiculous.

My landlady said she's had people move out and leave such a bad flea problem that they couldn't rent the apartment out right away.

EDIT: Good lucky, Cherry. I hope you can have some fun on the trip. It will help get your mind off of it.

Alchemist
#3970 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:33 AM
*sigh*

One of these days I'll learn....
Alchemist
#3971 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 8:04 AM
You're a liar. Fuck you and anybody that looks like you.
Mad Poster
#3972 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 12:30 PM
Yike! Who licked the color off your lollypop?

I REALLY like that avi, BTW. That's my favorite one you've had.

Alchemist
#3973 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 1:19 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 4th Jun 2018 at 4:08 PM. Reason: Pic added
Quote:
Yike! Who licked the color off your lollypop?

I REALLY like that avi, BTW. That's my favorite one you've had.

Eh. The person isn't worth talking about.

Apparently my new avatar is actually a gargoyle that is sold, somewhere. I think I'm going to make the trip to the store where I bought the gargoyle I have already and see if they have it. I don't want a big one, desktop size would be ideal. I know they don't have it at the plant nursery I go to. They sell gargoyles, but they're either weird or creepy looking. I'm picky about my gargoyles.

I think I posted a picture of Gunther gargoyle that sits in on of our gardens a long time ago. He's about 2 feet tall and weighs in at around 100 pounds as he is made out of poured concrete. I bought him as a Mother's Day gift. It annoys me to no end that I haven't been able to find another one.

I'm done fiddling with my avatar. This new one is a keeper. It is a gargoyle and looks much like the cat that my username represents. I miss the real Gargoyle Cat.

EDIT: Watch this space. I will post a picture of the real Gargoyle Cat when my camera battery recharges.

I'm not going to lie, this hurts a bit. It has been a few years since I've looked at this picture. I lost the little man to cancer.

I've told this story a million times, but here it is again for those that don't know. Here is the real Gargoyle Cat that was unwanted by 4 different people / families. He was found on the side of the road at 4 weeks. 3 different people adopted him and brought him back because they said he was too much trouble.

He was my buddy.
Field Researcher
#3974 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 2:21 PM
I just wasted a good 3 hours trying to get ReShade to work for The Sims 2. People have done it before, but apparently those instructions don't apply to my computer, because TS2 absolutely will not acknowledge it OR it crashes when the neighborhood loads. There goes my quiet playtime for today. I definitely spend more time creating or installing mods for games than I do playing them. I miss game time.
Mad Poster
#3975 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:02 PM
Quote:
Eh. The person isn't worth talking about.

Apparently my new avatar is actually a gargoyle that is sold, somewhere. I think I'm going to make the trip to the store where I bought the gargoyle I have already and see if they have it. I don't want a big one, desktop size would be ideal. I know they don't have it at the plant nursery I go to. They sell gargoyles, but they're either weird or creepy looking. I'm picky about my gargoyles.

I think I posted a picture of Gunther gargoyle that sits in on of our gardens a long time ago. He's about 2 feet tall and weighs in at around 100 pounds as he is made out of poured concrete. I bought him as a Mother's Day gift. It annoys me to no end that I haven't been able to find another one.

I'm done fiddling with my avatar. This new one is a keeper. It is a gargoyle and looks much like the cat that my username represents. I miss the real Gargoyle Cat.

EDIT: Watch this space. I will post a picture of the real Gargoyle Cat when my camera battery recharges.

I'm not going to lie, this hurts a bit. It has been a few years since I've looked at this picture. I lost the little man to cancer.

I've told this story a million times, but here it is again for those that don't know. Here is the real Gargoyle Cat that was unwanted by 4 different people / families. He was found on the side of the road at 4 weeks. 3 different people adopted him and brought him back because they said he was too much trouble.

He was my buddy.

What a beautiful cat. I'm sure you finally realized that the reason he kept coming back to you was because he was meant for you.

My Tweedle was thrown out or abandoned at about a year old in a neighborhood in a town near where we used to live. He was out for about a week, but kept going to a house because he wanted to be let in. The woman finally called the shelter and he was picked up. My son went to get me a kitten about a week later and brought him home to me. I knew when I saw him that he was truly my cat, sent to me.

The same goes for Mooshu. She was thrown out at my son's apartment building about this time last year. She ran underneath a bush and screamed and screamed nonstop. Finally after about a month, he was able to coax her out. He had asked me if I could take her in if he could get her because he had five animals already and was only supposed to have two.

So, he finally got her, bathed her and brought her to my welcoming arms. To our surprise she was still a kitten, probably about 5 months old. She'd been fixed. I guess she clawed someone's furniture because her claws had been clipped. She's never offered to claw my things; she has a scratchy post and uses it. She's absolutely perfect.

They both seem to have had loving homes one time, but were thrown away. I have no idea why because I can't imagine doing that. But I finally realized the reason it happened is that they were meant for me.

Page 159 of 169