Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 7:25 PM
Replies: 4212 (Who?), Viewed: 161914 times.
Page 160 of 169
Alchemist
#3976 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smorbie1
What a beautiful cat. I'm sure you finally realized that the reason he kept coming back to you was because he was meant for you.

My Tweedle was thrown out or abandoned at about a year old in a neighborhood in a town near where we used to live. He was out for about a week, but kept going to a house because he wanted to be let in. The woman finally called the shelter and he was picked up. My son went to get me a kitten about a week later and brought him home to me. I knew when I saw him that he was truly my cat, sent to me.

The same goes for Mooshu. She was thrown out at my son's apartment building about this time last year. She ran underneath a bush and screamed and screamed nonstop. Finally after about a month, he was able to coax her out. He had asked me if I could take her in if he could get her because he had five animals already and was only supposed to have two.

So, he finally got her, bathed her and brought her to my welcoming arms. To our surprise she was still a kitten, probably about 5 months old. She'd been fixed. I guess she clawed someone's furniture because her claws had been clipped. She's never offered to claw my things; she has a scratchy post and uses it. She's absolutely perfect.

They both seem to have had loving homes one time, but were thrown away. I have no idea why because I can't imagine doing that. But I finally realized the reason it happened is that they were meant for me.

Thanks.

He wasn't a angel by any means, but he never did anything to warrant people dumping him off either. He was the only cat I've ever had that loved mashed potato. One of my other cats used to eat green beans. He wouldn't eat the whole thing though, just to the point right before the stem would be. I'd find green, chewed nubs all over the kitchen floor. The same cat also loved raisins which are a no-no for cats and dogs.

I don't understand the 'disposable pet' thing either. Then again, I'm bias as I spent many years opening my house to such pets. The last person that thought my house was a drop off place wanted me to a take a rooster, because I don't have enough bird noise in my life.
Mad Poster
#3977 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:48 PM
LOL. Then you really would have had a house chicken!

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Alchemist
#3978 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote:
LOL. Then you really would have had a house chicken!

I can't even imagine what that would have been like, nor do I want to.
Field Researcher
#3979 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 11:12 PM Last edited by Reitanna : 5th Jun 2018 at 6:08 AM. Reason: typo
I submitted a simple size alteration of a base game item, and I got a "changes required!" message saying that I didn't specify the location of the item. yes I did. it's in brimmed hats. I said that. but apparently they think all of their users are idiots, because according to them, none of you would have been able to find a hat in the hat section unless I specified the gender and age too! it was a SIZE ALTERATION, it had the same flags as the original hat! even though this was stupid and insulting to the MTS community, I fixed it... AND IT GOT REJECTED. I don't know if I'm allowed to curse in this vent thread, but I really want to. I get CR messages EVERY TIME I POST SOMETHING! and for the stupidest reasons! one of my things was rejected because IT WAS TOO REALISTIC! oh, I'm sorry, I didn't know MTS was a totalitarian regime where you're only allowed to post what the rulers like, and nothing else, and then punish you when you ask why. but seriously, how can you justify rejecting something after you FIXED THE "ISSUE?!?!" I feel like I'm being targeted! am I just being paranoid?! did they reject the item before I even had a chance to fix it? it got approved on TSR with no problems! and the kicker is, I see stuff on here that gets approved when they are CLEARLY violating the CR rules. things I get harked on for, OTHERS are allowed to do! how special are they? who else is being targeted like me? I shouldn't FEAR uploading my stuff!

I also got warned when I tried to reason with someone who blew up at me for no reason. yeah, warned ME for trying to settle the situation when the other person was the one being hostile. I have no idea what I did wrong, and they didn't even specify when I received the warning. I'm sorry, but I don't like people just biting my head off for no reason, and I am allowed to defend myself as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. THEY should have been warned! what the F*** is wrong with this staff?!? you can't just punish someone for something they didn't even know they did! am I not allowed to try and fix conflicts?

and the cherry on top is that they reset my profile colors for being "too bright." they weren't too bright, they were HAPPY and FUN. I specifically made sure everything was visible, and NO ONE complained about them. I've never held both middle fingers up so high. I just do everything wrong, don't I? as someone who suffers from depression, I don't need other people telling me I'm worthless, I tell myself that enough as it is! look, I'm sorry for existing, okay? it's not exactly something I chose! I TRY to be happy with my bright colors, but it's difficult, it's a chore even getting up in the morning, or should I say afternoon. what's the point? I live day by day trying to be a good person just to have people point their fingers to me and accusing me of not wanting to follow rules or whatever, like I'm some kind of hooligan. well, excuse me, but I don't even jaywalk, so stop pretending my intentions are bad. how about, instead of harassing me, you KINDLY message me and say, "hey, this seemed a little ___, did you mean it that way?" or something like that! obviously if I did something wrong, I didn't know it was wrong! AND YES I READ THE FLIPPIN RULES. I don't "flame," or whatever, I'm no child, I HATE drama, and I HATE bad communication! but no, shoot first, ask questions later, right? it's just so fun to beat down those who are weaker, isn't it? hey, let's pick on the weird girl who likes colorful and fun things! I wanna know how many others have gotten this sh** from the staff. I honestly just want to say F*** YOU over and over, but like that will fix anything. hell, me venting about it isn't going to fix it. oh, I bet it will get me warned again, even though I'm not hurting anybody and I'm doing exactly what this thread is meant for! I'm not a shovel, I am allowed to show emotion, I'm allowed to be angry at things that are totally unreasonable. I mean, just because I WANT to throw a table through a window right now doesn't mean I intend to, or even going to! that would break my window AND table! I want to say F*** YOU to the staff, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna do it. I have better common sense than that.

but out of all of these things, seriously, rejecting an item after I've done exactly what they told me to do? that's bull. that's a low blow. it's completely unjustifiable. I know they say life isn't fair, but come on, they're being unfair on PURPOSE. I want peace, they want conflict. I want happy, they want anger. I want to share hard work that I'm proud of, they want to crush the pride that is so rarely felt. my self esteem is already so low, this all just makes me want to give up. I didn't deserve any of this.

Think for yourself; Question authority.
Instructor
#3980 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 1:55 AM Last edited by Gremily_ : 5th Jun 2018 at 2:50 AM.
*grumbles about a post grumble grumble*
I just got done talking about how much I love it here and then one of the points I made was suddenly proven wrong. Maybe I'm just having a bad day because everything seems to be rubbing me the wrong way.

Update: Now I'm mad because I've found that someone else has JUST made a Psychology career, just as I've been working on one for the past several days with intentions to upload it here. Sigh. Back to the drawing board I suppose.
Field Researcher
#3981 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremily_
*grumbles about a post grumble grumble*
I just got done talking about how much I love it here and then one of the points I made was suddenly proven wrong. Maybe I'm just having a bad day because everything seems to be rubbing me the wrong way.

Update: Now I'm mad because I've found that someone else has JUST made a Psychology career, just as I've been working on one for the past several days with intentions to upload it here. Sigh. Back to the drawing board I suppose.

Just upload it. I'll be happy to play with it!

- Sent from my iHell
Scholar
#3982 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:12 AM
@Reitanna

Rest assured you're not alone in how you feel about uploading here. Though I've strayed from creating/modding for now, if the hobby were to come back I'd probably just stick to my wee wordpress page. Not much traffic, sure, but it's a worthy price to pay for being your own boss, just in my opinion. I do agree the regulations here are far too stringent, and are noticeably not applied evenly amongst all uploaders, and that's always the dangerous thing. If *anyone* is going to be that anal regulating *anything*, at least take note to apply it 100% equally amongst everyone. But there is definite imbalance here and that's a real shame.

Killing point number one for me however, is simply the tone of some guideline posts. There's essentially an aura of, 'you should be VERY grateful you can even upload here'. No acknowledgement (let alone appreciation) of what *your* hard work and time gives them in return (traffic and status of being the preferred site for downloads that it is today). Surely, there should be a feeling of give and take, mutual appreciation between ANY creator and download host, but here I never felt that. To spend so many hours learning, working, organising, prepping, double checking, triple checking something for such a website, and then to receive a "changes required" over an image that's 20 pixels too small? Or something very ambiguous such as lighting (each persons monitor differs + lighting mods), realism scale or what objects do/don't fit your intended theme? Should the moderators opinion on such things override yours just because of their position? To give them credit where it's due, they *have* met me halfway over such things, but I'd really rather not see a CR unless it's over something important or at least bloody noticeable (an image slightly under the guidelines, NOBODY is going to notice).

Ideally they would read these posts and just take them into consideration. That's all anyone is asking.

Oh, and also, I have depression too hun. Your feelings sound all too familiar. Take one day at a time and try not to allow yourself to focus on any one thing for a prolonged period (if you're anything like me, you'll think too much and that's where it all starts). Sometimes, a short attention span can be a good thing.

Moved to Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
#3983 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:40 AM
Once again, the MST3K tour isn't coming to South Jersey, or even to New Jersey for that matter. Boycott of show continues.
Getting really fucking tired of these "tours" always happening to metro areas and not for the rest of us.
Alchemist
#3984 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 12:26 PM
So when I asked for my brother to put the wet clothes in the dryer because I was on a 14 hour shift and I didn't want them to smell damp... he took that as literally put them in the dryer. Nothing else. Hahahahahahah ha hah hahahahah HAHAHAA HA *eye twitch*

Now all my clothes smell damp, the dryer smells like damp clothes, and I have an extra load of laundry to do.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#3985 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:42 PM
@Bigsimsfan12 You're not alone.

Moved to Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#3986 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:05 PM
Grr, grr, scream, grr grr

To recap: when I saw my oncologist Jan 31, he wanted to see me in four months. The lady at the desk made me an appointment for May 29. A week or so later, I got a call from the office that they needed to change the appointment because May 29 was Memorial Day. They switched it to the 31st. Fine.

I have to have blood work done the week before. So, I went to have my port flushed and the blood work. The nurse who did my port flush forgot to do the blood work, so she gave me the lab orders and I went to outpatient lab. There, they discovered my lab orders were for someone else. They were able to retrieve the correct ones and my work was done. Fine.

On the 30th, they called to remind me of my appointment. They had the time wrong and the doctor wrong. Not fine. She rescheduled the appointment for the 20th of this month. That's really not okay since I'm on 4 month follow up and this would be much closer to the 5 month mark.

I asked about my lab work because it will be a month old by that time. She said it would be all right. Again, not fine.

Today I called to schedule my next port flush because someone failed to do that. Do you see the errors adding up? When I was asking about that, I told the receptionist I also wanted to talk to someone to double check that month-old lab work would be all right. She asked when my appointment to see the doctor is because she was going to try to put my port flush on that day. When I told her, she said the OTHER doctor would be in that office on my appointment day. Mine will not be there. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!

So, I called the main office and very nicely explained the situation. Remember this is an oncologist's office. Timely follow up is everything. She found the error, but can't correct it on her own. The doctor has to see me within 4 month's time. Well, that's passed. So, now I have to be seen ASAP. They are going to have to move people around. She said they will get back to me by the end of the day.

I'm thinking it may be time to file an official complaint about all of this.

Why is it the songs we hate the most set up permanent residence in our brains? Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://bulbizarre.neocities.org/
Alchemist
#3987 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote:
Grr, grr, scream, grr grr

To recap: when I saw my oncologist Jan 31, he wanted to see me in four months. The lady at the desk made me an appointment for May 29. A week or so later, I got a call from the office that they needed to change the appointment because May 29 was Memorial Day. They switched it to the 31st. Fine.

I have to have blood work done the week before. So, I went to have my port flushed and the blood work. The nurse who did my port flush forgot to do the blood work, so she gave me the lab orders and I went to outpatient lab. There, they discovered my lab orders were for someone else. They were able to retrieve the correct ones and my work was done. Fine.

On the 30th, they called to remind me of my appointment. They had the time wrong and the doctor wrong. Not fine. She rescheduled the appointment for the 20th of this month. That's really not okay since I'm on 4 month follow up and this would be much closer to the 5 month mark.

I asked about my lab work because it will be a month old by that time. She said it would be all right. Again, not fine.

Today I called to schedule my next port flush because someone failed to do that. Do you see the errors adding up? When I was asking about that, I told the receptionist I also wanted to talk to someone to double check that month-old lab work would be all right. She asked when my appointment to see the doctor is because she was going to try to put my port flush on that day. When I told her, she said the OTHER doctor would be in that office on my appointment day. Mine will not be there. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!

So, I called the main office and very nicely explained the situation. Remember this is an oncologist's office. Timely follow up is everything. She found the error, but can't correct it on her own. The doctor has to see me within 4 month's time. Well, that's passed. So, now I have to be seen ASAP. They are going to have to move people around. She said they will get back to me by the end of the day.

I'm thinking it may be time to file an official complaint about all of this.

There is nothing more I can say about these situations that I haven't already said before. Nobody likes a broken record, so I'm sending you as much energy as you need to deal with this. It makes me angry ( not at you) just reading about this stuff...
Alchemist
#3988 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 6:38 PM
Dear Discover,

It has been well over a year since I've had to deal with your nonsense and yet, you continue to try to get my business back. Can we get something straight? You can send me credit card applications in the most shiny, sparkle-y of envelopes in a a rainbow of colors and you still will never get my business back. You burned me not once, not twice, but three times. Just whatever, people. Since you were so willing to try to screw me over those 3 times, I have zero reason to think things would be different the fourth time.

No love....
Mad Poster
#3989 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 7:53 PM
Sigh...they just keep trying, don't they?

Last year I had a six-month torture session with my drug company. The simply can not get the hang of online payments. From July to December I was on the phone constantly with them. I finally filed a grievance. They waited until AFTER open enrollment ended in December to send me a letter telling me my complaint was unfounded and if I just pay my premiums on time, I wouldn't have a problem. Do I even need to mention I've never paid a premium even one minute late?

Yes, the letter was that ugly.

So was I when I called back. I found out what THEY thought the total amount I owed for last year was and the total amount I would owe this year. I sent them a certified check, return receipt requested and promised them they would not have my business when open enrollment comes around this year.

Guess who called me last week? Ummhumm. Yep, that's right. They wanted to know whether I was aware of their premium plans that I could switch to without waiting for open enrollment.

I'm so proud of myself. I just said no thank you and hung. I didn't scream or teleport over there and pull her hair out.

Thanks for the energy, GC. I'm praying this can be resolved today. I love my doctor and don't want to have to take action against his practice because none of this is his fault.

Alchemist
#3990 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 8:13 PM
Quote:
Sigh...they just keep trying, don't they?

Last year I had a six-month torture session with my drug company. The simply can not get the hang of online payments. From July to December I was on the phone constantly with them. I finally filed a grievance. They waited until AFTER open enrollment ended in December to send me a letter telling me my complaint was unfounded and if I just pay my premiums on time, I wouldn't have a problem. Do I even need to mention I've never paid a premium even one minute late?

Yes, the letter was that ugly.

So was I when I called back. I found out what THEY thought the total amount I owed for last year was and the total amount I would owe this year. I sent them a certified check, return receipt requested and promised them they would not have my business when open enrollment comes around this year.

Guess who called me last week? Ummhumm. Yep, that's right. They wanted to know whether I was aware of their premium plans that I could switch to without waiting for open enrollment.

I'm so proud of myself. I just said no thank you and hung. I didn't scream or teleport over there and pull her hair out.

Thanks for the energy, GC. I'm praying this can be resolved today. I love my doctor and don't want to have to take action against his practice because none of this is his fault.

Yes, they do. It's okay. I hum the song Another Bites the Dust by Queen every time I shred junk mail. It doesn't make them stop sending stupid applications, but it makes me feel better.

No problem. I hope for your sake that you can get some closure on this. It has been going on for too long.
Scholar
#3991 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:03 PM
i think i'm losing more and more friends every day or week,i just saw i got unfriended by a good friend on origin and i spent lunchtimes at school wandering aimlessly trying to find someone to hang around with,i'm such a loser.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
cats are better than humans and shall takeover earth in a couple of centuries after they evolve.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#3992 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 7:33 PM
@Emerald1234

Screenshots

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will -RUSH
Yearbook
***Sims File Share- ask me for a code***
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
If you are looking for files from old websites, the Internet Archive is your best friend.
Mad Poster
#3993 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 8:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald1234
i think i'm losing more and more friends every day or week,i just saw i got unfriended by a good friend on origin and i spent lunchtimes at school wandering aimlessly trying to find someone to hang around with,i'm such a loser.

I'm so sorry, sweetie. It's a lonely feeling to have no one to sit with at lunch. I wish I could help with that. Can you take some of your homework and do it while you eat? Or maybe look at your phone?

i'm hoping this is a temporary situation. But remember what Simsample said, as well as this. You haven't lost a friend. They have.

Alchemist
#3994 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 9:57 PM
The fridge in my kitchen has got to go.

Since we moved in 2 years ago, the fridge, with two doors in a stacked layout, a short coupled set of dimensions and limited storage space in both the fridge and freezer sections, has been a point of contention with my family and I reached my breaking point with this appliance after a heated shouting match with an anachronistic blame on me and the next time I head out to Edison, I will talk to my grandfather and I will not leave until he can rid us of this vexing appliance.

What vexes me is he would say no unless it was irreparably damaged over time. My family and I keep getting clocked by the doors and that's what started my hatred towards this type of fridge.

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Instructor
#3995 Old 7th Jun 2018 at 8:55 PM
I think I came here to complain about how I hate when people don't do their jobs, which later affects my ability to do my job. Yay, adulthood.
But clearly if I forgot, it must not be the end of the world.
Scholar
#3996 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 12:10 PM
Had the most useless physiotherapy session ever. The woman barely did anything to my wrist, like she rotated my wrist for a few minutes and pressed and moved the scar area but that's it. Compared to the physio I did when I was abroad I could actually feel it (but I also felt better afterwards). When I'd asked her why she was only doing that one thing she was like "oh everyone practices physiotherapy differently, there aren't any specific methods for this"

Doubt.

What a waste of time and effort that was.
Alchemist
#3997 Old 8th Jun 2018 at 3:06 PM
27°C with 42% humidity, feels like I'm in a damn jungle though.
No matter what weather we get here, it's always wet. Some dry air would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa1500
"oh everyone practices physiotherapy differently, there aren't any specific methods for this"

If you've ever fantasized about your funeral/ I understand/ I've been there before
-Touché Amoré
#3998 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:19 PM
I'm dumb. I bought Cats and Dogs for TS4 a couple of days ago. The last time I played the game, it wasn't nearly as broken. At least, I never had any trouble with it. Within the past three hours, the game has given me two rage-inducing glitches: first, the family I played for two hours got stuck on an infinite loading screen when I planned their outfits. I didn't save, so that family didn't even have a house when I loaded it up again. I angrily deleted them, and decided to give that pre-made family in the new neighborhood a try. Now Supriya's stuck with the dog on his leash, apparently suddenly paralyzed.

I wasted $20 because "TS4 wasn't so bad the last time I played it."
Field Researcher
#3999 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 12:57 PM
My sperm donor is a shitshow and I finally cut him out my life last year after 30 years of screwing the family over so many damn times, at least 30 years was my time. People have some nerve telling me how I should kiss ass and how he was some holier than thou king when he was an abusive, cheating, con-artist, home-wrecker. No I'm done, he ruined enough of my life and never cared for anyone but himself and only did good things because my grandma, which he also abandoned and she died alone. I'm sorry but it was time to burn another bridge again. I haven't seen or talked to him since I confronted him about his prostitutes and abuse last year. I really don't care, whomever wants to kiss his ass let 'em, cause he won't do one iota for me, didn't even raise me.

- Sent from my iHell
Mad Poster
#4000 Old 11th Jun 2018 at 2:10 PM
@budwinys, the issues could be from outdated or pets-incompatible mods.

I'm a little annoyed at my doc because I'd done some blood tests to figure out if I had a spesific disease. The answer I got was "You don't, and that's good news!"
Sure it's good news that I don't have that particular disease, but at the same time it means I'm back to square one for the umpteenth time. I just want an answer as to why I've got a ton of mysterious symptoms, but after 8 years all I know is a bunch of things it's not.
Page 160 of 169