Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#14451 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:10 PM
Don't you mean no fowl, no harm?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#14452 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Two Myne doors work, I have that on one of my dorms for couples.

Yeah, I know that. Unfortunately, the design of this dorm is such that two doors just won't fit on the rooms. Basically, I'm converting a large, already-built, 5-bedroom house into a dorm -- sort of like a greek house, but I don't want it to be that in terms of its coding -- and the configuration is such that putting two doors on each bedroom just isn't feasible, and I don't want to rip out and re-do the whole interior to accommodate more doors. I was hoping there was some way I could still have a larger number of dormies in the house, but apparently not. I'll try out the keyed Myne door to see if it'll still work in an all-EPs game, and then playables can pair up in a room, but not the dormies. Ah well. It was worth a shot.

Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Are these animals of the same sort ... NO custom NPCs?

Animated Swan with Custom Sound
Animated Condor
Animated Canadian Goose with Custom Sound
Animated Mallard with Custom Sound

I don't know, but there's an easy way to tell. Download the fowl. If there is a separate file (that's usually called "Controller" or "NPC"), then it has an NPC. If there is no separate file, then there is no NPC.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Instructor
#14453 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:27 PM
On CC clothes you can see it sometimes have 2 different options: Slaved and Standalone

Whats the different?
Scholar
#14454 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emmyjulia
On CC clothes you can see it sometimes have 2 different options: Slaved and Standalone

Whats the different?

If I remember rightly, for Slaved, there's one copy of shared files like the mesh, tied to one specific recolour. The download is smaller but whatever you do, you cannot attempt to use it without that specific "original version" being downloaded, and the shared bit being put into the Downloads folder.

Standalone can be downloaded as you like, but you will probably have duplicate meshes and the like in your Downloads folder if you are not careful. Also, it takes slightly longer to download.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14455 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:59 PM
Slaved means the file draws the texture from somewhere else. If it draws it from the game itself, you will see it in game without problem. If it draws it from another piece of CC, you need to have both files in your game for the slave to work properly (the other file is called the master). With skins, this can be quite complicated. Actually, it can be quite complicated with objects too but whatever.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#14456 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:26 PM
Ah so that's the different, I see. I usually downloads the standalone because I feel if I use the slaved one I must have a version I don't need or want. Pros and cons with everything I guess.

But thanks for the explanation @ieta_cassiopeia and @maxon !
Mad Poster
#14457 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:28 PM
If you have an object that's slaved to a master object that you don't need, you can use SimPE to hide the master object from the catalog. It's not the best solution though.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#14458 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Is there an upper limit on the resolution it's possible to play TS2 with? Looking at monitors and wondering if, since Sims games are the most graphically intensive task I expect to use them for, it'd be worth even looking at 4K monitors, or if 1080p is gonna be plenty.

I think the upper limit is 1920x1080 pixels, since I've heard about people having their games crash when trying higher but I might be wrong.
Mad Poster
#14459 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:36 PM
I think @Charmful has a very large screen, @Zarathustra - she may be able to help.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14460 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Looking at the downloads on Affinity Sims, does anyone know if the ones I list below produce custom NPCs like the chickens? I had the chickens. Enjoyed the chickens,except that I also have a couple of naughty mods. At least one of them had a strange relationship with the chickens. My chickens had male appendages and some interesting woohoo menu options, which, of course, corrupted a few hoods (not the mod alone, I'm sure ... many people have used the chickens download with no problems. It was the combo of chickens + naughty mod*.) I may like frisky Sims, but there are some areas where I will not venture, thank you very much!

Anyway, it seems the owl on that site doesn't seem to have the same problem. The owl hoots and turns its head. Period. It does not seem to create a custom NPC like the chickens. I have used the owl for years, and checked on Hoodchecker. No custom NPC. No harm. No foul.

Are these animals of the same sort ... NO custom NPCs?

Animated Swan with Custom Sound
Animated Condor
Animated Canadian Goose with Custom Sound
Animated Mallard with Custom Sound

*When I write that I have found odd ways to corrupt hoods, I can assure you that I am NOT kidding!

If they move around the lot they are most likely controlled by an NPC.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#14461 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:45 AM
Is it safe to delete custom hairs when there are Sims (both playables and townies) already using them? If so, what would happen to them?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14462 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:52 AM
They will probably revert to a maxis style but occasionally they can end up bald and unable to use any hair, so I would change them out first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#14463 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 8:29 PM
@zarathustra - IMO I think 4k might be overkill for sims 2, but I have mine on a regular ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio at 2560x1080 resolution. It'll be fine and fancy free especially since you don't use cc. You would need to finagle with graphics rule maker however to get it to look right, as I don't even know if the 2560x1080 option comes up in the graphics settings in-game.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
#14464 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:37 PM
Is it normal for the game to lag/drop fps for a sec when townies enter community lots?
Does a big amount of CC cause that (I don't think I've ever played without CC, except when troubleshooting)?
Can that cause crashing on cummonity lots becouse of too much CC?
Scholar
#14465 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I have an Intel i7 - 3840QM at 2.8Ghz running UC on a laptop with Windows 7 64bit, 16GB ram. It handles it well, but the 3820 is even a bit faster. It's a lot faster than the AMD you mention. I do think the video card, ram, and OS are also important.

Thanks. Then I wont need to worry to switch to it when it arrives , if others simmers on here has a similar laptop. But I hesitated coz Im only familiar with the newer Intel i7 models like the 7000-8000's ones because the 3820 one is six years old.

Overall the AMD I have now is good enoug (with some minor tweaks) but the keyboard A key is getting wonky.

RAM , Ghz are only a margin different of Intel and AMD and fortunately Mac/Windows could be changed. Hardware Intel I7 were superior but as its can fit the whole game, im happy. 😜😋😁
Mad Poster
#14466 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SabakuSasori
Is it normal for the game to lag/drop fps for a sec when townies enter community lots?
Does a big amount of CC cause that (I don't think I've ever played without CC, except when troubleshooting)?
Can that cause crashing on cummonity lots becouse of too much CC?

Yes, it's normal. It's pausing to run the randomizer to see who shows up.
If you're running enough custom content, particularly high-poly content, to strain your processor, some lag time is only to be expected. Other factors are lot size and number of sims on the lot. Other consequences might include graphic glitches or even crashing.

Do your best to maximize performance of your machine by adjusting your settings and being judicious about your choices. If you have to have the huge polycount hairs, you need to be satisfied with smaller lots.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Undead Molten Llama
#14467 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 12:38 PM
Stupid question: Can teens go on vacation alone? Or do they have to go with an adult? I suspect the former, and if true it's going to mess with an idea I have in my head. Perhaps Inteen's independent teens can, however....

(I don't have my game loaded, at the moment, and won't be loading it for likely the next couple of days, so I can't test this out for myself. Just wondering if anyone knows, off-hand...)

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#14468 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:23 PM
modyourpanties: dead or alive? I tried get into & still can't

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#14469 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Stupid question: Can teens go on vacation alone? Or do they have to go with an adult? I suspect the former, and if true it's going to mess with an idea I have in my head. Perhaps Inteen's independent teens can, however....

(I don't have my game loaded, at the moment, and won't be loading it for likely the next couple of days, so I can't test this out for myself. Just wondering if anyone knows, off-hand...)

@iCad

The answer is no, not with out a Mod and there are two one by Squinge Book Vacation Enabled For Teens and a modified one of Squinge's by gdayars Teen Vacation Mod with Tents Enabled

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Undead Molten Llama
#14470 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@iCad

The answer is no, not with out a Mod and there are two one by Squinge Book Vacation Enabled For Teens and a modified one of Squinge's by gdayars Teen Vacation Mod with Tents Enabled

Thanks very much! :D

Mad Poster
#14471 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:32 PM
Does the sim need to be a YA or older to be able to ask "Teach The Ways/Path of the Light/Darkness" ? Not sure If I should bother having a teen go on hangouts with a grown warlock, because I presume the game doesn't allow underaged sims to take the responsive of witchcraft.... or be involved in a romantic relationship with a grown-up If that's the dealo whenever witches decide the sim is worty of carrying on the Wiccan legacy.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#14472 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Does the sim need to be a YA or older to be able to ask "Teach The Ways/Path of the Light/Darkness" ? Not sure If I should bother having a teen go on hangouts with a grown warlock, because I presume the game doesn't allow underaged sims to take the responsive of witchcraft.... or be involved in a romantic relationship with a grown-up If that's the dealo whenever witches decide the sim is worty of carrying on the Wiccan legacy.

Well, teen sims can be witches/warlocks so I'd assume it's teen and up :/
Inventor
#14473 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:00 PM
Will the prisoner token stop sims who live in Strangetown be invited back to Pleasantview by a coworker/classmate? I have the localwalkby mod and it does stop sims outside of Pleasantview from walking by, but it doesn't bar them from coming over via carpool or school bus

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#14474 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
Well, teen sims can be witches/warlocks so I'd assume it's teen and up :/

Though are you sure through that interaction and not the "Magus Mutation" ? My teen is already 100 friends with that warlock, but that interaction still isn't available.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Top Secret Researcher
#14475 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 7:35 PM
Ok, I had two pets die on my lot and I moved their gravestones to the downtown Gothier Green Lawns via "Move grave". I hope this doesn't do anything bad since it's only the Downtown, not actual Desiderata Valley.
Now, I want to move my family to a new house in my neighborhood. Anything I should do before I move them?
Page 579 of 1339