Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#3026 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:25 PM
I downloaded an empty world (just shells) and, for the first time, have been setting up my own community lots. I've been exploring everything that mods can do, including Savvier Seller and Business as Unusual Bistro, and that mod that lets you assign an NPC role with an object. It's been a lot of work, but also really fun. I've made an actual non-rabbit-hole restaurant, a music store, a baby/children store, a furniture store, a flower/gardening store, an ice cream store, a cafe (using the coffee bar object), and a pet store. I also set up the barrier to entry system for a few things, like the festival lot (which is set up like a boardwalk).
Advertisement
Instructor
#3028 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 5:55 AM

I've never had SP generate a gay relationship before without me setting gender preferences myself. I am HERE for Leighton and Stiles. I think I might have them travel to the future and engineer a baby since I gave them both makeovers. Very curious to see how their child would look.
Lab Assistant
#3029 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 10:02 PM
Speaking of weird outfits...
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#3030 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 1:02 AM
A day in the life of a socialite Sim... first picture is her visiting her horse (who's boarded at the country club), and second is when she went sailing with her husband on Leisure Day.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#3031 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 4:55 AM Last edited by peno : 3rd Sep 2018 at 5:18 AM.
It's the evening before Spooky Day in Moonlight Falls and my two boys and soon-to-be-brothers (that is if their fathers Denis and Peter will find some time for each other) Max and Ruby decided to take their best friend Zack Durwood (who spent the night with them) Trick-or-Treating and not even the rainstorm did stop them. Just in case, Denis decided to join them.
Max dressed as superhero, Ruby as scuba diver and Zack as white tiger (yes, I did play with their costume colours a little).

They got some treat from Alice Fitzgerald and decided they have enough Trick-or-Treating for one day and headed back home.

When home, Max and Zack did homework with each other, while Ruby the Bookworm decided to read a book. There's still time for him to do homework tomorow... hopefully.

In the meantime Denis decided to lift a mood of his boyfriend Peter and took him on date to the local Dance Club (actually a lot I've downloaded here, Empire Ballroom, though I edited it a little to better fit in Moonlight Falls).
Unfortunately, the only guest that visited the club while they were there was a paparazzi. Not that Denis and Peter minded that much, as they only had eyes for each other.

When they finally left, well after midnight, the temperature dropped to -10°C (14°F) so they had to dress to their outerwear.
Back home, Denis went to sleep, but Peter decided to stargaze and did not go sleeping until well after 3 in the morning. Little does he know Denis has another surprise for him on the Spooky Day...

BTW, when I did play this rainstorm evening, there were a real rainstorm and sometimes I had trouble to differentiate if the storm effect is real or from the game
Instructor
#3032 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 7:02 AM Last edited by Eronel : 8th Sep 2018 at 2:45 AM.
I have once again decided to tackle a Goth family legacy. I started out by replacing the base game Mortimer with this guy right here, and the nightmare-inducing base game Bella with my own version. Lemme tell you though, Mortimer was the most ornery child ever.
Scholar
#3033 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 2:00 PM
All of these gameplay pictures make me so desperate to play TS3 - current laptop cannot handle it, but I'll be getting a new desktop in Nov for my 40th (yes, I'm old!).
Cannot wait to play the CRAP outta this game; I miss it so much!

...Titanium white...
Instructor
#3034 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Eronel : 8th Sep 2018 at 2:45 AM.
My sister gave me the idea for this family years ago, and here they finally are.
Zeta, Merc, and their little son... Billy.

I went ahead and grabbed the crashed UFO from Oasis Landing and modified it into a nice little house.

My backstory for them is that they were in some sorta hypersleep when their ship crashed and it was buried in the sand. Only recently did it resurface and the alien couple woke up. Having crashed in Strangetown, the two felt quite at home and decided to stay while they repair their ship. They only came into possession of Billy there when he went trick-or-treating at their house and they mistook him for a lost alien child and took him in. Billy is too awkward to correct them.
Scholar
#3035 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eronel
My sister gave me the idea for this family years ago, and here they finally are.
Zeta, Merc, and their little son... Billy.

I went ahead and grabbed the crashed UFO from Oasis Landing and modified it into a nice little house.

My backstory for them is that they were in some sorta hypersleep when their ship crashed and it was buried in the sand. Only recently did it resurface and the alien couple woke up. Having crashed in Strangetown, the two felt quite at home and decided to stay while they repair their ship. They only came into possession of Billy there when he went trick-or-treating at their house and they mistook him for a lost alien child and took him in. Billy is too awkward to correct them.

Oh no poor Billy

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#3036 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 10:17 AM
What could possibly go wrong when Spooky Day is during full moon? Well, let's find it out. But start from the beginning.
In the morning, the boys went carving the pumpkins and Peter joined them. Zack, in the meantime, decided to go skate on the frozen lake on the backyard. Once finished, Max joined him. Ruby asked Max for help with his homework. Why they decided to do it outside is beyond me, but they didn't freeze to death, so everything's good.
The whole time, Denis planed the costume party for the evening. Only a small event with just the Durwoods and Poks (Janet Pok is Peter's partner in work).
Later that day, they went on to the festival lot for some family fun.
Ruby won the apple bobbing and was the only one brave enough to go to the haunted house.
The whole family challenged itself for pie eating contest. Denis won and brought home great lemon pie.
Back home, things were a little boring until the time for party. The boys dressed as they did the day before. Denis dressed as car racer, surely to please his boyfriend, who is car enthusiast. Peter dressed as basketball player. Not sure what he wanted to say with such a costume
Peter, my family cook, decided to make a pizza for the party.
Dayvid Musgrave turned in unexpectedly, but he was invited in anyway. But some of the Sims appeared on the patry as Zombies. None of the guests, however, bothered to show in costume
And Since Peter and Max are both werewolves, you can imagine what happened to them on this full moon night.
All this was obviously too much on a poor Zack, who fainted outside. And David Pok peed himself when he saw Peter turning into his werewolf form, making a smelly mess. Not the best start of the party.
Then came the main event of the party: Denis asked Peter to marry him.
However, at the very same moment, Max decided to tell ghost story, overshadowing Denis and Peter's moment with his timing.
Later on, Peter went on questioning Janet. That went quite well in the end.
And then, the kids decided to eat the pizza (and seeing that, I just had to take the frozen pizza out of my freezer and prepare it for dinner )
Despite some of the hiccups on the road, the party wasn't a total fail and Peter and Denis went to bed that night as newly engaged couple.
Field Researcher
#3037 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 6:04 PM
Been working on this wee house
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#3038 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:13 AM
I've been playing a farming family, the Brownes, in Riverview. Everyone aged child and up works on the garden until it's time for the kids to go to school. The adults usually finish tending garden around the time the kids get home from school, unless it's a heavy harvest. Once the plants of a particular crop are barren, they replant, then sell all the remaining produce at the grocery store.

They also have chickens, cows, and bees as a side business. Right now the Brownes are investors in the grocery store; eventually they'll become full owners. I'm also slowly working on updating their modest farmhouse to become nicer (and support a large family; farms really do need a lot of people to work the land.)

Family dynamics are interesting because the eldest son has a wife and kids, but his parents aren't elders yet and are also still having kids. So some of the younger children also have nieces and nephews the same age as them living on the farm.
Screenshots
Scholar
#3039 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 11:10 AM
A family woke up to discover a fire in the living area outside the kids bedrooms. Which then spread into the bedrooms. One of the teens fighting the fire ended up on fire, ran to extinguish himself in the shower, then ran back to keep trying to put out the main fire, as it creeped further and further into the bedroom with two kids trapped inside. The fire eventually gets put out but right as the last little bit is being dealt with, one of the kids catches fire.

She attempts to get to the shower, but there's too many people and she can't get past. The crowd around her try to extinguish her, but there's too many of them and they can't decide who goes first. Eventually, with seconds left before she dies, one of the teens breaks through and finally starts spraying her down.

And at this exact moment, thanks to the music I had playing in the background, I hear someone sing "Have you ever/ let another put out your flame?" And I collapse in a giggling heap at the perfect timing of it.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#3040 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
I've been playing a farming family, the Brownes, in Riverview. Everyone aged child and up works on the garden until it's time for the kids to go to school. The adults usually finish tending garden around the time the kids get home from school, unless it's a heavy harvest. Once the plants of a particular crop are barren, they replant, then sell all the remaining produce at the grocery store.

They also have chickens, cows, and bees as a side business. Right now the Brownes are investors in the grocery store; eventually they'll become full owners. I'm also slowly working on updating their modest farmhouse to become nicer (and support a large family; farms really do need a lot of people to work the land.)

Family dynamics are interesting because the eldest son has a wife and kids, but his parents aren't elders yet and are also still having kids. So some of the younger children also have nieces and nephews the same age as them living on the farm.

I kinda have that in real life. One of my cousin is almost my Mom's age and now I have a nephew older than me lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
A family woke up to discover a fire in the living area outside the kids bedrooms. Which then spread into the bedrooms. One of the teens fighting the fire ended up on fire, ran to extinguish himself in the shower, then ran back to keep trying to put out the main fire, as it creeped further and further into the bedroom with two kids trapped inside. The fire eventually gets put out but right as the last little bit is being dealt with, one of the kids catches fire.

She attempts to get to the shower, but there's too many people and she can't get past. The crowd around her try to extinguish her, but there's too many of them and they can't decide who goes first. Eventually, with seconds left before she dies, one of the teens breaks through and finally starts spraying her down.

And at this exact moment, thanks to the music I had playing in the background, I hear someone sing "Have you ever/ let another put out your flame?" And I collapse in a giggling heap at the perfect timing of it.

OMG

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#3041 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:31 AM
I cleaned up my game yesterday, was hardly lagging anymore
But when I cleaned up my sim's inventories, I just couldn't get rid of the pictures...

Trust me, they have a boat load of other pictures in their other houses, I just can't get myself to remove/sell them :I

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
#3042 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 5:10 PM
Despite the bug I mentioned elsewhere, Thursday, the day after Spooky Day, was pretty calm. Peter was promoted and finally got that patrol car he dreamed of. He named it Polda, which is Czech short of Leopold, as well as Czech equivalent to the term cop. Very original name Peter. Way to go
Later that day, when Denis was sleeping after writing his new bestseller, Peter decided to adopt a boy. The Social Worker brought a cute fairy boy, whom Peter named Danny.
Other than that, the day was quite uneventful. Now on to the first winter day.

P.S.: How do I get rid of the basket in which Danny was brought in? It's annoying interference in my dining room right now.
Screenshots
Instructor
#3043 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 8:49 PM
I got a mummy in my game for the first time ever! So far in this game file I've gotten Pangu's Axe for the first time, made a Simbot for the first time, and gotten a mummy. SimBots were very disappointing to me. So much so that I tried to kill it with my gun mod but apparently you can't shoot and kill a SimBot. Had to cheat and kill her by old age. But I love the Mummy, I think it's so cute how they go around putting the fires in the fireplaces out. He likes to chat with Bonehilda and helps Alexander out with his homework. I also got Showtime last night and completed my collection of the EPs. Literally the only want Alex rolls anymore is to be a magician. Like, that boy is determined to be a magician. He just aged up to teen so I've gotta finish Mortimer and Bella's lifetime wishes before Cassandra ages up and I start playing the next gen.
Screenshots
Trainee Moderator
#3044 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
Despite the bug I mentioned elsewhere, Thursday, the day after Spooky Day, was pretty calm. Peter was promoted and finally got that patrol car he dreamed of. He named it Polda, which is Czech short of Leopold, as well as Czech equivalent to the term cop. Very original name Peter. Way to go
Later that day, when Denis was sleeping after writing his new bestseller, Peter decided to adopt a boy. The Social Worker brought a cute fairy boy, whom Peter named Danny.
Other than that, the day was quite uneventful. Now on to the first winter day.

P.S.: How do I get rid of the basket in which Danny was brought in? It's annoying interference in my dining room right now.

I think you can enter a cheat "TestingCheatsEnabled True" and shift click and delete it. Or another cheat "Moveobjects on" and delete it through buy mode.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Lab Assistant
#3045 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 10:02 PM
The torch has been passed to Emilia, an evil cook. She had a promiscuous time in uni and married someone with commitment issues, go figure.
They now have a son, and in total, four out of eight sims in the household are evil. And thus, the family fortune has gone down the drain, as they are always asking to donate to wicked causes. It's refreshing to have a family that isn't filthy rich, even if they have to make do with sleeping bags in an otherwise empty house for now.
On a side note, how long DO simbots live? Morgana is at 140 days and about to max yet another career. :D

omnis mundi creatura
Lab Assistant
#3046 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 12:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
I think you can enter a cheat "TestingCheatsEnabled True" and shift click and delete it. Or another cheat "Moveobjects on" and delete it through buy mode.

Moveobjects only allowed me to move the basket around my lot, not to delete it. However, when I did some googling, I've found this thread on the official forum and what Igazor wrote in it about MasterController's Object Stats actually helped me. Another prove you can't play The Sims 3 without NRaas mods :D
Trainee Moderator
#3047 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by peno
Moveobjects only allowed me to move the basket around my lot, not to delete it. However, when I did some googling, I've found this thread on the official forum and what Igazor wrote in it about MasterController's Object Stats actually helped me. Another prove you can't play The Sims 3 without NRaas mods :D

Yes, but you can also "sell" them, I think. Though I know some objects aren't sellable. And one other method that might have also worked was to ctrl + shift click on the object and delete it through the pie menu in buy mode. And I definitely can't play my game without NRaas mods

Lab Assistant
#3048 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 1:30 AM
Unfortunately, neither of those methods worked for me for that basket. That basket is not buyable and also is not sellable either. As mentioned in that thread, the basket is supposed to disappear automatically once the new parent will take the baby out of it. But for some reason, that did not happen for me in that game. And to be honest, it was the first time that happened for me. I did a lot of adoptions in past and never experienced this. But it's solved now, so all's good. And hopefully, it will help someone else in future with the same problem.
Forum Resident
#3049 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar

I love your farm. You set that up so cute. :lovestruc
Instructor
#3050 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 5:19 AM
Since Cassandra is an adult with her own child now (Dante Morganthe is the baby-daddy. He's probably got the best genes EA premades have to offer), I bought a second house for Bella and Mortimer to live in. I could just move them out entirely but I get too attached and still want to be able to play as them and see what they're up to; just get them out of the way while I play the heirs. They're just a couple doors down so they can visit the family anytime. I felt bad because Bella had been wanting to go to France for a long time and had never been despite her travels with Mortimer through Egypt and China. So I sent them on one last vacation together. They've been living it up; no tombs, just sight-seeing and spending precious time together. c:
Screenshots
Page 122 of 161