Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 7:11 PM
Default ATI Radeon HD 5700 and The Sims 3
It seems like this computer's one crutch is the graphics card. The base game runs decent, but with expansions, It runs very laggy. I DO have CC, Nraas mod, store stuff, patched. Those do not seem like the problem, It's the expansions that slow it down (So it seems).

Computer itself exceeds all basic requirements. 8GB ram, 931 GB Harddrive, AMD Phenom II processor, Windows 7 64 bit. (I can't tell you any specifics on the Ram or anything else. I don't know.)

Any idea on how to get it to run better with the graphics card using the control center?, besides upgrading to a new one?

Thanks In advance!!

: )

(The expansions I have are ambitions, generations, fast lane, Island paradise, master suite, pets, seasons, town life stuff, university life, world adventures)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 5:05 AM
Can you do me a favor? Go to your Start menu, then click "Run...", type "dxdiag" without the quotes, hit enter.

The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will pop up and check your system. This may take a few minutes. Once it's done, click the "Save All Information..." and it'll ask you to save the text file somewhere. Save it somewhere easy to find, like your desktop, then post it here for us to read.

Also what in-game settings are you using?