Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 2:24 AM
Blue Screen of Death Only When Playing The Sims 3
I have been playing The Sims 3 on this game for months. I have every Expansion Pack and Stuff Pack except for the Katy Perry, Diesel and 70s & 80s Stuff Packs. Normally my game runs smoothly. I have around 1.5 gb of custom content, not including the stuff installed through the launcher.

When my computer gives me the Blue Screen of Death it's usually either when I'm loading up my big legacy (6 sims in a huge house) or about 15 minutes into playing a small save (2 sims in a high rise in Bridgeport). I didn't install any new custom content at all before the crash and I've only installed iTunes before this happened. The game has crashed twice while trying to load up the large save and once loading the small save. The small save was an attempt to see if I can still play at all. I've added all of the BSOD info (from BlueScreenView) and the .dmp files in the enclosed attachment. They're all organized by date, the latest happening today (8/17/2013).
Attached files:
File Type: rar  BSOD.rar (154.5 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  DxDiag.rar (5.4 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 4:20 AM
I'm not quite sure why you're having BSODs but I can tell right away you're having a problem with your drivers. What motherboard model and graphics card model are you using?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 5:01 AM
My motherboard is 0CDK0T by Dell and the graphics card is NVIDIA NVS 3100M.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 5:42 AM
Create a system restore point, then go to this page:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers...10?s=bsd&~ck=mn

Under Audio install:

"IDT 92HDxxx HD Audio, v.6.10.0.6292, A17"

And from Video install:

"Win7/Vista 64-bit Graphics Driver" located at the bottom and see if that helps.

If the Nvidia driver offers you the option to do a clean install, do it.

There's a newer driver from Nvidia itself here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/quadro...hql-driver.html

but I think its best to see if the one from Dell works for you first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Aug 2013 at 12:52 PM
Thank you so much, my game isn't crashing now. I was able to load the big save and play for a bit before I had to close it for other reasons. Later on I will play for a bit longer just to test.