Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th May 2017 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Kayleena : 30th May 2017 at 1:24 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Apartment door assigned to wrong area.
Okay, so I have an interesting issue.

I moved a family into an apartment of a world I downloaded and they're not able to enter their unit. I can see inside, and go into build/buy mode to do what I like, but the sims can only ring the doorbell, and then and NPC comes out to greet them. The door across the hallway, leading to a black empty room is 'their' door. I get the interaction for locking it, but the sims are not able to go through it.

I'm not familiar with building and setting up apartments, but I'd like to fix this issue. What do I need to do in order to gain them access to the right apartment? I'm sure this is a marker issue, but I'm just not familiar enough with the markers to go clicking them and changing things.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th May 2017 at 1:23 AM
I went through and did so much tedious things that didn't work before you commented, lol. I didn't think to just switch the doors. I thought it was an issue with the markers. Wow... thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th May 2017 at 1:31 AM
I see, and yes, that was the issue. Before you commented I was moving the family out, going into build/buy mode and replacing markers, double checking markers... and doing this multiple times. Now I know what to do if I run across this issue next time.