Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2017 at 6:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
The Sims 3 - Family Tree - "Disowned" Triplet Issue
Hi

I'm having an issue with my family tree in one of my save games. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I looked around quite a bit, and I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post. If it isn't, please bear with me.

When I started my family, with two parents, they had three triplets (all girls, named Ava, Adalia and Amira). Once I aged them into toddlers, I noticed that two siblings, Adalia and Ava, aged on the same day. Amira on the other hand, aged a day before them. Not only that, I recently noticed (the girls are all teens now), that she doesn't consider them a 'sibling' in the relationship panel at all anymore, not even a family member.

I do have NRass - Master Controller installed to fix the issue (correct, updated version with the Cheats module - the module needed to fix family trees - updated also). This should've worked, considering people who experienced a similar issue used this mod to string their family trees back together, only, there is no option on either of the girls to "add sibling" under the mod panel. All of the girls share the same parents, but two of them do not consider Amira a sibling, only considering each other sisters. In essence, two are like twins and the other a single child with no official relation whatsoever - as if she were adopted. There was an option for "remove sibling", but none for "add sibling", as is advised to do on other forums - I thought, great, I can remove them as siblings and then the option to "add a sibling" back again should appear, except removing both of the girls from Amira tore the whole family tree apart and none of them appear to have parents anymore on the family tree. I had to quit without saving to undo the damage.

I know that the FAQ said to remove all mods, but I have two core mods, and I worry that removing them will corrupt my save file somehow. I'm not an experienced modder so I don't want to stuff something up and lose my game.

Will removing the package file suddenly corrupt my game?

What can I do to fix the family tree?