Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:01 PM
Building cheats don't work anymore
Has anyone else experienced this

When I first started building in Sims 3 I used snapObjectsToGrid false every where. After I downloaded the latest "update 1.2.7" it no longer seems to work. Is there a way to get rid of that update without having to reinstall my game?

Thank you for your time. :lovestruc

Sometimes the Dragon wins and I AM the Dragon!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 10:17 PM
use "disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on" its is better as you disable the grid when you want and you need not to switch it off.

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by patul
use "disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt on" its is better as you disable the grid when you want and you need not to switch it off.

Thanks for the tip.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 6:05 PM
Don't need the snapobjectstogrid cheat, just push down Alt key as you move an object. Works the same.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jun 2009 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Don't need the snapobjectstogrid cheat, just push down Alt key as you move an object. Works the same.

Thank you.

That doesn't seem to work in Build Mode. Any ideas?

Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:29 AM
It works only with objects (garden, chimney, pool lights in Bld mode).

You know a site allowing re-upload of free build/buy stuff in lots ? Help us to update the list !

* Plus j'échoue plus je m'approche de la réussite
* The more I fail the more I approach the success

(Lao patul MMVI AD)