Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 1:33 PM
Default Do you have your sims do Rock, Paper & Scissors to get "coin flip" outcome result?
Like maybe you can't decide which of the two sims should be doing something, so do have them both settle for the task you formed, via through the rock,paper&scissors match. The Person who wins get's to do the task or avoid doing your picked chore for them. Is that what you use that social interaction for?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:16 PM
No! I never even thought of doing that. I just arbitrarily assign the task to one of them, who doesn't seem to have anything better to do. Or they decide for themselves by one of them just doing it. Of course, if it's a nasty messy cleaning job, like cleaning a toilet, and there's a Virgo in the house, I'll ask the Virgo to do it. Because, strange though it may seem to the rest of us, they'll actually enjoy it.

"Andrew, why do you enjoy cleaning toilets?"
"Dunno! I just do."

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
#3 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:16 PM
That actually is a rather creative idea! I ought to try that!
Instructor
#4 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
No! I never even thought of doing that. I just arbitrarily assign the task to one of them, who doesn't seem to have anything better to do. Or they decide for themselves by one of them just doing it. Of course, if it's a nasty messy cleaning job, like cleaning a toilet, and there's a Virgo in the house, I'll ask the Virgo to do it. Because, strange though it may seem to the rest of us, they'll actually enjoy it.

"Andrew, why do you enjoy cleaning toilets?"
"Dunno! I just do."

Would have though Aquarius would like the (water based) task

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Scholar
#5 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:25 PM
That’s interesting, I don’t use that interaction at all – when it firstly appeared I tried and I saw it ruins relationships so I didn’t bother with it; some time ago I downloaded a mod somewhere that stops it from that, but I’m so used to avoiding that interaction that I forget it is there (not sure if it’s in the same group of play interactions as red hands in the English version, but in mine it’s in a separate group, the same as kicky ball). My sims only need to clean when they’re freshly moved in and can’t afford a maid, but hiring one becomes possible quite soon (even with expensivenpcs from Maty, with that mod the maid costs §50 + §90 per hour). Or my sims are good witches and can summon a servant. If a sim chooses to clean on their own, I cancel that, no need to waste time if someone else is supposed to do the job.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
If a sim chooses to clean on their own, I cancel that, no need to waste time if someone else is supposed to do the job.
But Virgos enjoy doing it!

Rock, Paper, Scissors doesn't usually spoil relationships. Played over a period of time, it usually builds them. (They both get a plus point in the relationship every time they draw -- i.e. when they're both Rock, they're both Paper or they're both Scissors.) And I find that, like chess, left to themselves they'll play it for ages -- usually until I tell them to stop.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69

Aquarian here. no.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Aquarian here. no.

Quoted for truth

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:32 PM
Yes! It's far more fun than whipping out my phone and going to my coin-flip app. I mean, if my Sims really couldn't agree on who should use the bathroom first, why not settle the issue themselves?
Mad Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Yes! It's far more fun than whipping out my phone and going to my coin-flip app. I mean, if my Sims really couldn't agree on who should use the bathroom first, why not settle the issue themselves?

By the end of the game both may need only bath...
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 3:57 PM
I never really payed attention to it until Noah in my bacc started obsessively using it as a kid, and still does - even in the new 'hood, the first time I spotted him wandering around he was being rejected to play rock, paper, scissors with someone at the gym (unsurprisingly since I think the kiddo has a secret technique to win. I've only ever seen him lose once. Otherwise he wins or draws.) Occasionally I get him to rock paper scissors over random stuff, usually with his husband.

The only time I've seen him lose, he lost to his husband - well boyfriend back then - and got dishes as punishment. His one neat point self didn't appreciate that. Probably upped his game so he never loses again.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 5:33 PM

Aquarian here, too. Don't like cleaning toilets or washing dishes.
Instructor
#13 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Aquarian here, too.

And me!

Quote: Originally posted by Debby1957
Don't like cleaning toilets or washing dishes.

Nor me

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Inventor
#14 Old 8th Apr 2017 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka

And then if the first Sim clogs the toilet or breaks the bathtub in front of their significant other, they get scolded. Sims look so adorable when they're ashamed.

No doubt "Rock, Paper, Scissors" can improve a relationship, as I've observed it once myself. That reminds me of the time my controlled Sim was being greeted by someone for the first time. The guy wanted to play the game with her right off the bat which she accepted, and it didn't take long for their daily meters to hit 100.

I swear, I've gotten so used to hearing the Sims say "Marf, apper, nerk" when playing the game. Sometimes, instead of seeing their hands I'll try to listen what they say, which isn't too hard even if both Sims have identical voices.
Scholar
#15 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 12:19 AM
I am a very bad Virgo!

I just send whichever Sim comes available first, if it's a task, or whichever Sim is in greater need of using the bathroom, gaining a skill point, etc.
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 1:42 AM
I do that sometimes if it makes sense ingame. Last time I used the method was when both parents had the want to potty train their daughter, so they decided who would do it via rock, paper, scissors. Myself, I'd rather have lost that particular contest, but they were really keen on the experience.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 4:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I have always thought of using the chess table as a decisive way to win a battle.

But it takes so long. You'd never get any chores done. XD
Inventor
#19 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:09 AM
Throughout my experience viewing Sims play chess, I tend to think it's more one-sided as the player playing white would usually win. This is especially odd when a Sim with barely any logic skill can beat somebody with more or even max points.

Also as I was viewing this thread, I thought of how two Sims can decide which loser will do the chores by having a water balloon fight but I retracted that statement. I've seen Sims with higher body skill that can more easily hit and dodge those with fewer points. On the other hand, RNG can always turn the tables.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 10:20 AM
My family yesterday got a baby. I'll probably use my tactic on the parents on who will have to change the diapers, lol.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 5:37 PM
No, but it sounds like a great idea!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Scholar
#23 Old 9th Apr 2017 at 6:46 PM

Water Bearer, but is an Air sign.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.