Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 7:06 PM
Default SimPE wont let me use Photo Studio
I've installed the latest SimPE, the latest CEP, and photo studio , but it won't let me use photo studio! it says CEP has to be installed, and that it can't find CEP. help!
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 8:13 PM
If you've installed CEP I thought SimPE would automatically find it. Was your game installed in the usual place? And did you close SimPE when installing the CEP? I'm not positive but it might not even install if you have it open.

In SimPE go to Tools/Preferences. Then select the File Table button on the left. There should be a checkbox for Include CEP, plus in the bottom under Advanced there should be two entries for the CEP files and both should have a check next to the them. If the Include box is not ticked and if you don't have an option to put a check there then you should try uninstalling and reinstalling the CEP. Making sure to close SimPE. If the two entries for the CEP files are not listed under Advanced you can use the Add button to add them, just browse for the files in the box that pops up.
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 11:47 PM
Also, if the _EnableColorOptionsGMND.package that CEP installs into your downloads folder has just inadvertently been moved into a subfolder, or had it's file path otherwise changed, SimPE won't find it.Sometimes I forget to make a copy when I move my main CC out to the desktop and oops....SimPE won't open.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th May 2013 at 7:12 PM
help?
Quote: Originally posted by cgirl369
I've installed the latest SimPE, the latest CEP, and photo studio , but it won't let me use photo studio! it says CEP has to be installed, and that it can't find CEP. help!

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same issue...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Jul 2013 at 8:31 AM
I asked over on leefish and was told I don't need it, that I can go through object workshop with a different tutorial. I meant to give it a go this weekend, but that ended up being too busy, so I haven't tried it yet.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~