Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 1:31 PM
Default EA VS Adjust Shine Highlights
Which do you prefer?

I mostly go for EA, because I think it looks nicer. But I still find AS highlights to be great when I want... well, a shiny and glamorous feeling for the hair.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 2:38 PM
I actually don't care for either. I prefer other simmer's retextures.
Alchemist
#3 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 3:13 PM
I prefer custom hair textures (EA's are awful looking) but EA highlights. I don't like how most AS hairs look so shiny.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 3:28 PM
AS, definitely. Really like to have at least some shine Vs none. IMO, EA highlights makes the hair looks totally flat and with no details, like dead! And I cringe at the game hairs for which I haven't found any retextures; such beautiful meshes left to waste. Yesterday hesitated between detailed but not shiny and super shiny versions for some CC hairs and finally chose the too shiny ones. Yes it's sometimes too shiny but looks so much better, when I saw the back of the CC hairs in shiny version I had the urge to grab a hairbrush and brush brush brush, it felt so real, so silky and soft!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 11:14 PM
Too much shine looks... kinda gross. I like the EA shine, but prefer custom textures. Same with the skin, I don't like the super smooth doll like skins.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 12:09 PM
I forgot about retextures - I use those mostly, but those often come in either Adjust Shine or EA, which is what I meant. Overall, I think it depends on the sim, yeah. I see a lot of great hairs, but then can't find a nice retexture cause the original texture looks a little off...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 1:23 PM
I wonder- is there a way of changing the shaders for hair so that it has an actual shine instead of having the shine painted on?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 14th Oct 2016 at 10:08 PM
In game hair does have a shine, but it's insignificant (U can see it on horses but it's far less noticable on sims), so it looks washed out. I don't know if AS acts like the EA shine as I never used it because it looks too shiny and even more plastic to me...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2016 at 1:23 AM
AS is a lot better in my opinion. I just think EA's look tacky. I like my Sims to have shiny hair haha