Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for March - posted on 1st Apr 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 209 (Who?), Viewed: 8440 times. | You are currently not a member of this group. Would you like to join it now?
Page 9 of 9
Alchemist
#201 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 10:14 PM
Here's the cottage thread

For suggestions and/or ideas please go there.

Up, M'Lady, pack your things // This place is not your home
#202 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 4:33 AM
Ok, running into some issues. I changed everything around as noted, but there's an issue when I tested the playability. First, the toy box seems to be uninteractable. One time I got someone to be able to take something out of it but only once. I don't know what happened. Moving it around had the same issue no matter where it was. It wasn't blocked at all other than from either one side or the back, depending on where I put it, and the front was never blocked at all.
Second, all I found for the town trash can was a square one that couldn't be recolored. Is there a way to get around that or alternately to find the regular curbside one?

Also, I have no idea what you guys are talking about with the edges. I don't see anything like you're talking about. Can someone show me on a picture?
Scholar
#203 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 6:42 AM
The flat roof above the picnic tables has a white edge. These can be recolored just as other items. You can do it from simple as I do to as Don and others do to make more elaborate as wanted. If you want to recolor it just select it as you would anything else to recolor.
Top Secret Researcher
#204 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 6:49 AM
Thanks Johnny!

BlackjackGabbiani
1. The toy box cannot be interacted with on a community lot, unless the pet does it autonomously.
2. The trash bin is in the build section, in the community group, under misc. objects. In my game it is near the end of the first row. I attached a picture of it in the green color you will find in the catalogue, the black that it is in my game, and a color closer to your lot's palate. This one is definitely CAStable.
3. The edge of floor tiles can be recolored. In my second picture I made a simple floor tile roof and then CASted the edge in green. You "grab" the edge for recoloring in CASt by slowly mousing over the edge until it is highlighted. Click and you are in CASt. SimmyRN and daisylee and Don Babilion were giving you ways to adjust the color of the floor edge so it matches the floor. Use any of those or your own way. It can match the floor or contrast with it, like my lime green edge.
Feel free to ask any and all questions. That is what we are here for.
Screenshots

Need help building? Mentoring for Builders: Click Here

Looking for an amazing new Sci-Fi world? Visit SATURENORN
Forum Resident
#205 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 7:00 AM
Yeah, I don't know what you mean by edge. I look along the edges and they look fine. Do you mean in the bathroom? The little line?

Your picture shows the side of the tiles themselves. Is that what you're talking about? Like, the full outside edge and not just the edge of the design?

Wait, if the toy box can't be interacted with on a community lot then how is it they managed to do so once? And yeah, I see that trash can in my list but it's got the CC icon on it. Weird.

Ah well, back into it.
Inventor
#206 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 1:40 PM
BlackjackGabbiani, yes, it's the side of the tiles themselves they are talking about.

The pets can use the toy box autonomously, on free will. So while the player cannot tell them to get a toy, they still can do it themselves if they want to. So just make sure that the path in front of it is not blocked and the pets will pick a toy when they want.
Forum Resident
#207 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 4:47 AM
Ah! I didn't get it at first, ok. Now I did!

I did that and the stuff with moving the bathroom around, as well as making adjustments to the playground. But I'm still having trouble finding the garbage can in question! I enclosed a video of what I've got, and excuse the quality and shakiness. But here are some otherwise finished snapshots of the park! Somehow one of the shots is too big to upload what the heck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKaVpbeM8uk There's the video of the problem I'm having finding that community trash can in my items.
Screenshots
Scholar
#208 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:35 AM Last edited by daisylee : 19th Apr 2018 at 2:54 AM.
The green edge looks fun. The garbage can is in the community lot items where the rabbitholes are. There is one tab for the RH and another for misc. objects. The can is in the objects section.
Inventor
#209 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 7:05 AM
BlackjackGabbiani, as attuned said, the trash can is in the build catalague, the section where you find columns and floor tiles. There is an icon in the top right corner which will open the catalogue for community lot items. One tab is for rabbitholes and the other one for objects - this is where you will find it.
Scholar
#210 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 1:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Babilon
I wrote a tutorial for this: Using Create-A-Style on floor tile edges
It may sound a bit confusing at first, but it definitely works as I've been doing it this way for years now.

Thanks, Don! I'm sure you explained it better than I could!

Page 9 of 9