Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Speed-Building Challenge - posted on 17th Oct 2018 at 11:25 AM
Replies: 7028 (Who?), Viewed: 235631 times.
Page 282 of 282
Theorist
#7026 Old Yesterday at 7:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantomknight
That's great to hear, Essa! I'd been pondering your computer troubles for days now, wondering if your power source could be the culprit, or if perhaps you have too much cc for your computer to handle. So, glad to know you can play at least a little bit now.

@Phantomknight
I'll still need to investigate though. My DL folder currently is 6.18 GB.
I'd like to start fresh but my laziness gets in the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulbizarre
Have you seen Dragon-Slave's horses? They're only statues, but they're really nicely done. Veranka has some horse supplies that were converted from TS3. If I was any good at building, I'd make a ranch in Three Lakes.

@Bulbizarre
I got horses as hood deco yesterday. I don't plan to have deco horses on a lot. I'm a terrible builder.
Thanks for the link though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmful
I'm glad you are back to enoying your game too, @Essa - I had the same crashing and flashing for awhile this summer but the memory allocation fix really helped my game too

@Charmul
Thank you.
I used to have flashing pink with my last Radeon card two years ago.
I missed the days when I could play the game with WinXP and my Ati X1950 without any fuss.
Mad Poster
#7027 Old Yesterday at 11:19 PM
Terula, if you get an account anywhere, don't get it at photobucket. Almost any other photohosting site is better.

The easiest way to post pictures, and the only way without hosting them anywhere, is to Go Advanced and Attach Image. Which is how RoxEllen did you handy visual aid, there.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#7028 Old Today at 12:14 AM
@RoxEllen <blinks owlishly> Ohhh that's what those settings are for... <quietly slips away to go self-educate> Thank you so much! I feel rather silly for not thinking it was in-game (I'm so used to prodding, whacking, and occasionally setting fire to the game files for this stuff...!)

@Peni Griffin - YES okay, I'll do it that way! I've been desperate to avoid that place (it linked itself... that's how insidious it is...)
Forum Resident
#7029 Old Today at 1:18 AM
And suddenly I feel very fortunate for my pc! @Essa, I've got a i5-4460 @ 3.20GHz intel processor, an Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB, and 16 GB of ram. My normal TS2 download folder is 14GB, .

I just upgraded my memory last year and while I didn't always have crashing, I regularly to save, quit, and start a new game session because I used to have pink flashing after a couple of hours of play. Nowadays, while my game isn't the best looking out there--I can't handle high poly cc too often, but then again, 14 GB, yo--I rarely experience crashing anymore. Plus I don't see pink flashing at all. Power source is my main concern right now, as I bought an Alienware a few years ago, and while it looks cool in its slim case, I didn't realize at the time I bought it that the slim case means options for a power source are actually quite limited. But I digress.

Looking at your specs and then my specs, and knowing that upgrading to 16 GB gave my pc some stability, I'd say your memory should be your next upgrade, then maybe your power source if you feel like you're not getting your money's worth out of your graphics card. Also, I don't know if it makes a difference, but I also installed an SSD and am using my old 1TB hard drive as back up; I think having free space on your hard drive helps, too--though someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

"Enjoy the moment with all your might, whether it’s gloomy, whether it’s bright!"
Also known as Kelyns but you can call me KB.
Bored? Read the legacy I'll probably never finish.
Page 282 of 282