Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Creator Theme: Space! - posted on 8th Jul 2018 at 6:02 PM
Replies: 42 (Who?), Viewed: 3735 times.
Page 2 of 2
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#26 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 1:46 PM
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 3:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
And you can be immature and pleasant at the same time.

Lol, I think every simmer has to be a bit 'immature' in a way. Meaning: allowing the child in ourselves to come out and play. But I think we all know what kind of 'immaturity' we are referring to in this topic
Scholar
#28 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 5:20 AM
Bring back sweetie Drake

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 7:46 PM
Drake is no good sim vip hates her
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 11:34 PM
Why does EA only hire snowflakes to be community managers? It's true for the Need For Speed and Battlefield communities as well.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#31 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 1:45 PM
They need to be able to identify with the snowflake forum posters

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#32 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklish
Drake is no good sim vip hates her

Why does that even matter? Modthesims has been around much longer than that site and honestly there are pretty great people here that have built up the Sims community long before that site even existed. I wish people would realize how great of an asset this site is to the Sims community. I mean there are incredible talented modders here and much more mature environment. If Simmers want Gurus to respect modders, they can't let only one site be heard. Modthesims and other parts of the Sims community need to be heard too. I'm tired of people saying things can't be done because of only being part of a "minority" or whatever. If I and others had thought that way, the Sims 4 would have never gotten toddlers, teaser trailers, pools, ghosts, NPCs, etc. I guess point is, how is the Sims community coping without a CM now? Are fan sites reporting any news worthy events? So far I'm seeing Gurus not responding as much, Game changers streaming and talking about other games, bug reports being responded to slower, slow to no news about the Sims 4 from fan sites and Twitter, and the community turning on one another again. So how are things better? If anything the Sims 4 is back to square one of the Sims 4 release day in terms of communication, so I wouldn't call that an accomplishment but reverting backwards. Anyways I do hope the Sims 4 gets a new CM and honestly the sooner the better at this point especially when it comes to reporting real news, not just speculation articles. If anything the community is bored from lack of real news.
Scholar
Original Poster
#33 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 7:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scobre
So far I'm seeing Gurus not responding as much, Game changers streaming and talking about other games, bug reports being responded to slower, slow to no news about the Sims 4 from fan sites and Twitter, and the community turning on one another again .... If anything the community is bored from lack of real news.


I think they key word is bored for so many of us. We have gone from "meh" to yawn about 4. I will be curious to see if seasons come and if so how it will be implemented. But ATM I do not have a heck of a lot of interest in 4. I think many folks have moved on to other games or back to 2 or 3 or other activities.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 9:26 AM
If developers came here and they would share their success in development with us, it would be quite interesting. And the fan community would be more united.
I liked how someone gave a link to an explanation of what "group.cache" is in the Sims 2 section, from somebody Maxoid Tom. I realized that Maxoids is the same SimsGurus, only Maxoids is more versed in their own game than SimsGuru's in their own.
Scholar
#35 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 2:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticklish
Drake is no good sim vip hates her


Absolutely unfair and a disgusting reason. Drake contributed so much to the community, to the game, and above all, to the fans. She gave us everything and for it she was treated terribly. And why? Because she's a woman!?!?!?! WORKING IN THE MALE DOMINATED GAME INDUSTRY!?!?!? Shameful.

Sims VIP though? A rather suspect person if you ask me. Were they potentially involved in the rape and murder of Jon Bon Benét Ramsay? I can't say 100% for sure - and the question mark at the end of that preceding sentence washes me of all responsibility if I am wrong - but let's just say it's curious that we are still waiting to hear an alibi from them and their whereabouts that night.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 3:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_wolf_12
Absolutely unfair and a disgusting reason. Drake contributed so much to the community, to the game, and above all, to the fans. She gave us everything and for it she was treated terribly. And why? Because she's a woman!?!?!?! WORKING IN THE MALE DOMINATED GAME INDUSTRY!?!?!? Shameful.

Sims VIP though? A rather suspect person if you ask me. Were they potentially involved in the rape and murder of Jon Bon Benét Ramsay? I can't say 100% for sure - and the question mark at the end of that preceding sentence washes me of all responsibility if I am wrong - but let's just say it's curious that we are still waiting to hear an alibi from them and their whereabouts that night.

Wut? No, the question mark doesn’t exculpate you at all when you’re talking rubbish here, accusing someone of rape and murder.

(Drake’s problem was that she let emotion get the better of her on occasion, which led to insulting simmers; that doesn’t make her a bad person but she didn’t always act in a professional way)
Theorist
#37 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 4:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Anne
Wut? No, the question mark doesn’t exculpate you at all when you’re talking rubbish here, accusing someone of rape and murder.

(Drake’s problem was that she let emotion get the better of her on occasion, which led to insulting simmers; that doesn’t make her a bad person but she didn’t always act in a professional way)

Someone's sarcasm radar is borked :v
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 5:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShigemiNotoge
Someone's sarcasm radar is borked :v

Oh? Was that sarcasm? Ok, I guess my radar indeed is borked then.
Field Researcher
#39 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 6:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
If developers came here and they would share their success in development with us, it would be quite interesting. And the fan community would be more united.
I liked how someone gave a link to an explanation of what "group.cache" is in the Sims 2 section, from somebody Maxoid Tom. I realized that Maxoids is the same SimsGurus, only Maxoids is more versed in their own game than SimsGuru's in their own.


I’ve noticed that too - that the gurus seemly aren’t entirely informed about their game/DLC. Everybody is sectioned off into their own subset of the team, and no one communicates which leads to packs being all over the place. It’s not as noticeable with the smaller packs, sometimes it is, but expansions put it on display time and time again.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drake_mccarty
I’ve noticed that too - that the gurus seemly aren’t entirely informed about their game/DLC. Everybody is sectioned off into their own subset of the team, and no one communicates which leads to packs being all over the place. It’s not as noticeable with the smaller packs, sometimes it is, but expansions put it on display time and time again.


This is happen because when developing The Sims 3 and 4, freelancers were used who were never in the office of the developers. Of course this leads to a deterioration in communication between team members and to this result in the game. (According to someone from simsgurus). In contrast, from the Sims 2, where freelance and remote work was not used and there was only one team (I read it somewhere).
Instructor
#41 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 9:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza
This is happen because when developing The Sims 3 and 4, freelancers were used who were never in the office of the developers. Of course this leads to a deterioration in communication between team members and to this result in the game. (According to someone from simsgurus). In contrast, from the Sims 2, where freelance and remote work was not used and there was only one team (I read it somewhere).

I think Graham may have mentioned it on Twitter or forums how some things worked on are not done by the Sims team on site, but done somewhere else. Similar thing was done with a MMO I played too, not everything was done by the same team. Sometimes it does feel like the Sims 4 is treated like a MMO, but then again it has been mentioned in the original roots that the game was going to be one and game files of the Sims Olympus origins. Anyways I think whoever is the next CM is going to have to deal with a transition between two Sims iteration games again like how SimGuruHydra did I guess, so that will be interesting. Then again that is assuming the next CM will be able to last three years. I just wonder if they will get another temporary one like they did with SimGuruBChick who was hired on a temporary basis until they find someone.
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 2:08 AM
I dont think EA_Mage is a very good moderator at all she's hardly impartial and tosses out warnings and bans like confetti. I hated Drake, she was hot headed and the worst PR for the Sims but it took a lot for her to follow through on bans. EA-Mage has recently become Dictatorial in her ways and needs to reign it in or better yet flat out resign.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 3:23 AM
It does seem like she is swinging that banhammer like no tomorrow since she's taken over.
Page 2 of 2
Back to top