Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS speed build challenge results - posted on 11th Nov 2018 at 8:38 PM
Replies: 10 (Who?), Viewed: 1844 times.
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 7:32 PM Last edited by pikeman101 : 16th Apr 2018 at 8:48 PM.
Default Sim Metamorphoser?
Hi, everyone.

I downloaded the Sim Metamorphoser, but I can't tell how to use it. I opened the Sim I wanted, I clicked "Edit this Sim," but then I couldn't change the textbox for the head name. When I clicked "Change," another screen opened where I had many options, but "Select" only worked when I chose one that had a preview available. I wanted "C00FC_PONY," but I can't choose it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 8:16 PM
This is what the ReadMe says: "Note: SimMetamorphoser is only able to see custom heads and head skins that are in the \gamedata\skins directory." So make sure it's not in the Downloads folder.
Also: "Version 2.0+ Note: SimMetamorphoser can now see all head meshes in the Maxis FAR files. Head skins in the FAR files will also show up in the Edit Sim window, but not in the Select Head window. This should ease the whole "default mesh / skin not found" issue."
Further down it says: "Clicking the [Change] button in the Head frame brings up the skin selection window. The skin selection window allows you to select any head model and matching head skin for the sim being edited. The head models are listed in the upper left corner of the window in alphabetical order. Selecting a model causes the skin selection panel (the giant square on the right) to populate with head skins that match the selected model." Have you selected the model first?
It has been a while since I played the game, is C00FC_PONY a Maxis head or CC one?
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 8:48 PM
I believe it's a Maxis one. I don't recall installing any CC child heads, but every CC head I installed is in the Skins folder. I'll include an image of what I'm seeing...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 11:14 PM
This may sound stupid, but have you tried double-clicking the head model? Sadly I can't be of much help when I haven't even installed the game somewhere.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Apr 2018 at 11:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isa-WP
This may sound stupid, but have you tried double-clicking the head model? Sadly I can't be of much help when I haven't even installed the game somewhere.

I have.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 2:16 AM
Then the last thing would be to check if there is a texture for the skintone of your sim on that mesh in the first place (though I guess you already checked that).
The only other thing I can think of is to use another program. I forgot which (as I said, it's been a while) but I think the Sim Explorer or IFF Pencil 2 allowed you to look at character data. Somewhere you can see which mesh and texture they are using, I believe you can change that. I think I fixed a NPC by Sandy from ATS that way. I have to dig up my old laptop and install the game on it if I want to help you further. That can take awhile, I hope someone else can help you.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 7:24 AM
I know that there is a texture using it because I created another Sim with that face in order to see which mesh and texture I want...

I tried changing an adult head to one that I could select and it didn't work...
Hmm...
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 17th Apr 2018 at 7:10 PM
For me I found that some heads didn't show up, this may be because the tool wasn't updated for later expansions. However I found it functional for the heads that do show up. What I did was click on the head which I wanted then press select then pressed save. But I'm guessing you've already tried that. If so there may be another problem.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 1:01 AM
And it just appeared in game? Even the ones that "work" don't show up in game for me.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 6:43 PM
Yep it appeared in game for me, up to and including gender changes. I managed to get Frankie Mashuga to have Betty Newbie's Head.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 7:47 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for a different mod that can do the trick?