Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 4:55 PM
Default Well Springs Cove - A New World to Explore
Hello all!
I've been posting to TheSims3.com forums and I figured I would post here too about a new world I'm creating. It's called Well Springs Cove and it is slowly taking shape as I work on it almost every night for a few hours at a time. My first world, Mountain Peaks, was scrapped because even though I spent a lot of time working on it it came out all yucky. And instead of deleting everything and flattening the map back down I thought it easier to just delete the world file and say goodbye. I think Well Springs Cove is coming along much better as I have a deeper understanding of CaW. You can see my Sims3.com forum post here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/588443.page . That has the most recent pictures. BUT I have a doctors appointment now!!! I'll post more pics here when I come home in a few hours...I did some additional work last night that is not posted to thesims3.com.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 5:18 AM
Default Update 1 Sept. 13, 2012
More hours than I anticipated! Sorry everyone. Got caught up in a bunch of other stuff when I got home that needed to be taken care of. Anyway, as promised, these screenshots are first appearing on ModTheSims!

So the first shot you can see the hospital I've placed. I thought the bell tower for city hall looked nice in the background. I added a parking lot to the hospital to add a bit of realism. In the second shot you can see the multi-rabbit hole lot I added. The police station, grocery store, and book store all reside on the same lot. You can't see in these images but I added dumpsters to the back of the buildings to add a nice visual touch. The dumpsters sit on concrete so it looks thought out. And the final shot shows an aerial of the hospital. I made the lot much too large and I didn't want to resize it. SO I added a path through the trees to a small sitting area in the back for families visiting that may need a break from the stresses of a family member in the hospital. I know it's not what the sims actually DO since they don't have extended stays but I thought the addition turned out nice and reminded me a hospital I saw someone in who had basically the same thing. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed these updates. Please leave feedback for any improvements you think I should make! More to follow.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 6:38 PM
Default Well Springs Cove Update Sept. 14, 2012
Okay here's a few new screen shots of the work I did before having to get ready for work. I sculpted some more terrain and painted it. I also connected the road from the bluff to the low lying residential area at the bottom, and from that area to the downtown area that is being developed. The downtown area will segue into a high rise area "behind" it. I'll raise the terrain a little bit, flatten it out by the waterfall, and that will be the "newly developed area zoned by City Hall". I already have a story forming in my mind for this world which will be revealed when it is launched. I don't have Supernatural, but expect to see some elements mentioned in the world story so you can add your own supernatural lots. Again, as the world gets more developed stay turned for the first contest I'll host. Get your Build Mode ready for it! That's all I'm going to say about that. Enjoy the shots and let me know what you think. Oh and as I was working I noticed that the background is probably too far away from the downtown to be used so that will be changed and the non-routing paint will be added to avoid that area. In EIG I noticed you could still see the edge of the map so it works out in the end anyway!
Test Subject
#4 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 8:55 PM
Nice progress. I'm eager to see what follows.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 3:34 AM
YAY! Thanks for the feedback! Not to brag but I think it's coming along very nicely too. My first world, which was called Mountain Peaks (you can find the thread on TheSims3.com forums) was TERRIBLE. I still had a lot to learn about using CAW and I think from the feedback of others and really studying other worlds has helped greatly. CAW is tedious work but I'm enjoying watching this world come togther. Stay posted for new developments and remember, in a few weeks time I may have some fun work for other players to contribute : )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Sep 2012 at 6:22 PM
Default Well Springs Cove Update Sept. 17, 2012
Well since the Sims 3 forums is down for maintenance the newest update to Well Springs Cove is here on modthesims! I worked for a few hours before work today on the high rise section I was thinking of adding and had mentioned in the previous post. These are VERY early screen shots. I have all the lots placed that I want...well actually, the lots that are available to me in Edit in Game mode! I had to get crafty with terrain paints in CAW mode; is it just me or have other creators had trouble getting high rise Late Night lots to look right? I can't seem to edit the terrain in EIG mode to fill in the whole lot with concrete tiles or whater to make it look paved like a real city. If there's a cheat I should know about please let me know. ANYWAY, the buildings sit atop a plateau with another small rise in the terrain for the stadium. I'm being very careful to not keep everything flat. What you will see in the following screen shots is really just placing roads and lots. Additional sculpting and painting will be done in the next few days, and when that's done decorations and subtle additions will be made such as street grates, lights, etc. I'm trying to add in as much extra content for people so most of the expansion packs are compatible and all jobs and careers are available to play with. So once the new highrise site that city hall has zoned is done I'll post the final pictures here and on TheSims3.com forums as well. Let me know what you think!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 9:01 PM
Default Wells Springs Cove Update Sept. 20, 2012
I know it's been a few days but between work and doctors appointments I've been a tad busy. I have done some more work on the world and took one screenshot of the progress. You may say "Why only one? You've been posting two or three!" The answer is simple; I've been doing a LOT of terraforming and terrain painting around the high rise zone and it's tedious work. After terraforming and painting I must place the trees and rocks and THEN paint more. And it's been a few nights of work but again I want to make sure this world is high quality for the players. Be on the lookout too for some fog effects in this world. I want it to look like coastal Washington State with dense trees and fog and stuff. Really give it some atmosphere. Anyway I took this screenshot as the sun was setting int he world to show you all where the sun will set and just how pretty it's going to be once the other side of the map is populated with stuff. Enjoy. And as always you cna post questions and requests any time!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Sep 2012 at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WaterHornet
Hello all!
I've been posting to TheSims3.com forums and I figured I would post here too about a new world I'm creating. It's called Well Springs Cove and it is slowly taking shape as I work on it almost every night for a few hours at a time. My first world, Mountain Peaks, was scrapped because even though I spent a lot of time working on it it came out all yucky. And instead of deleting everything and flattening the map back down I thought it easier to just delete the world file and say goodbye. I think Well Springs Cove is coming along much better as I have a deeper understanding of CaW. You can see my Sims3.com forum post here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/588443.page . That has the most recent pictures. BUT I have a doctors appointment now!!! I'll post more pics here when I come home in a few hours...I did some additional work last night that is not posted to thesims3.com.

I'm following this - i'm always interested in new worlds. Unfortunately, every one I've downloaded will not work coz I don't have the associated EP for it. Hopefully you will list what EPs you have so we can know if it'll work for us or not.
And, your dedication to putting in this work creating a new world is much appreciated! It looks so kool. I hope I can download and use it!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 8:23 PM
HI! Thanks for the reply and keeping tabs on the progress of my world. I have put the project aside for a little while. I'm a chronically ill person and I haven't been feeling well lately so that's one reason why I haven't opened CAW in a while. Also I live at the Jersey Shore and Hurricane Sandy knocked my power out for about a week. We're still in the process of cleaning all this mess up too AND on top of it I have work and other personal obligations. So...long story short work has come to a grinding halt for the past month or so. I've lost track. I used to work on the world for one hour each night after work so I should probably pick that back up huh? Your comments and praise and criticisms keep this project alive so trust me when I say it's really the other players that keep me motivated to continue my work. I will surely list what Sims 3 content I have installed on MY computer to help others figure out if this world will work or not. I'm really avoiding using custom content currently; I'm only using objects and things found only in the CAW program. I'm going to assume it's stuff that's available from the base game and any patches Maxis releases. As the project begins to move forward I will probably ask the community to submit houses and lots and stuff because I figure if I try to build the WHOLE world by myself it'll take me 17 years to finish! I also need play testers too : ) So as Well Springs Cove moves into it's final stages be sure to contribute if you want to. I'll post those details later though. As it stands probably on Monday or Tuesday I'll work some and post updates.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 6:36 AM
Okay so I've been very quiet lately and I apologize. It's just been crazy this year and it's all too much to explain. I have started working on Well Springs Cove again though! Well, i WAS until CAW started to act up, then eventually my whole computer. It's high time I upgrade my entire rig but I'm poor and it's going to take a while seeing as I have to probably buy it piece by piece until i have everything I need to build the internals. A dual core AMD Athlon isn't going to cut it anymore and XP is slowly starting to decay. But anyway I think I have most of my problems figured out and it took a lot of updating, restarting, crazy Google searches...the only thing now is to figure out how to get to My Studio so I can show you the slight progress that has been made! Every time I try to go to My Studio on thesims3.com it keeps giving me an "Oops!" error. I'll try a different computer tomorrow so please bear with me while I try to figure out the last piece of this puzzle. Any help would be appreciated but know that I've deleted cookies, manually upgraded Chrome, cleared game caches, any everything else I can think of. I also notice that my Sims 3 game itself doesn't seem to be playing nice and doesn't seem to correctly log in to the server while playing. I have no idea but it's late. Keep it tuned here for updates! And thanks for all your support. Your encouragement is really what has brought me back to this project.
Alchemist
#11 Old 5th Mar 2013 at 7:23 AM
Wow, wow, this thread smacked me in the face.
You've double posted serveral times, which is not allowed. If you have any progress of one day, put all the text and pictures in one post. You can use the Spoiler tags

Also, you should post this under the Create>Creator Feedback. Not in community, MTS is different from TS3.com

I come in peace
#12 Old 14th Mar 2013 at 4:15 PM Last edited by WaterHornet : 27th Apr 2015 at 8:48 AM.
Default Sorry!!!
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Wow, wow, this thread smacked me in the face.
You've double posted serveral times, which is not allowed. If you have any progress of one day, put all the text and pictures in one post. You can use the Spoiler tags

Also, you should post this under the Create>Creator Feedback. Not in community, MTS is different from TS3.com

Hi Johnny_Bravo,
Sorry for posting erroneously to the forums. I'm quite new to forum communities and wasn't quite clear about the rules and regulations (even though I read them all and didn't quite understand what they all meant). I now know that I have to wait for a reply to post again or use the edit button on the last post I made myself until someone replies to the thread. At least that's how I'm interpreting the rules. I believe the rules have been updated or rewritten as they seem clearer and easier to understand now. I apologize for posting out of the guidelines and appreciate you contacting me letting me know. How should I proceed from here with my "Well Springs Cove" thread? Is there a ay to move it or should I just close it and start over and post the correct way? You're advice is appreciated very much.

Thanks

EDIT: Well, I may be returning to finish up Well Springs Cove. I tried to move on to The Sims 4 and I just can't. I almost totally forgot about the work I was doing here. If anyone reads this and is even halfway interested in me finishing please let me know. Now I'm off to download the crash analyzer because, for whatever reason, my copy of The Sims 3 just keeps crashing no matter what I try.