Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 11:34 AM
I got a new duvet, double and also longer, so now my boyfriend fits under it, and covers for it too, of course. A moleskin notebook, a set of body wash and lotion, a tea cup painted by my niece, some books: Tales of Beedle the Bard (my brother would've gotten me all of them, but they were sold out due to Fantastic Beasts in the movies), the Art of Ooo, Doctor Who: the Whoniverse and some fantasy book about the old Norse gods. Some money and I think that's it? Oh! And a little kitty calendar.
I gave myself a Pentel Pocket Brush pen, so that's really nice too.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 10:34 AM
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Gummy bear molds and dropper
Gift cards to Amazon.

The oddball was my grandparents' gift. My grandfather and Grandma Barb, my stepgrandmother sent me mochi and udon from their local H-Mart. I didn't care much for the mochi as it was savory instead of sweet (I prefer Ichigo daifuku, which is a giant strawberry in a mochi casing) and the udon required Macgyvering as it required boiling water poured and steeped and we threw our electric kettle out before we moved back to New Jersey. I used a trick Alton Brown taught people, which required a bamboo disposable chopstick and a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup. It was really good instant udon.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Theorist
#28 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 5:49 PM
I got the same stuff as the last 12 or so years, nothing. But hey, nothing is better than maybe getting things I don't like or need. It's just me and my cat and he's too afraid of the outdoors to head out and do gift shopping, if you know the kind of gifts cats give. Well, he does save me the occasional palmetto bug that manages to squeeze through the tiniest places. (:

I've had the same can opener problem, although I don't buy much in canned items. Last year I bought a new one for $6.99, works okay but sounds like a huge piece of machinery screaming, scared the bejeebers out of me the first time. The can opener I had before that worked great for 15 or more years. The secret is, they can be cleaned on a regular basis. Use an old toothbrush and a bit of dish soap to clean a hand held, scrubbing the cutter edge, grooved gear and magnet, if there is one. Rinse well and let it hang so it dries with no water to rust it. The lever on top of an electric opener can be removed and cleaned the same way, just lay it down where all the water can drip out.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Theorist
#29 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 6:51 PM
a restraining order from santa
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#30 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
.... I've had the same can opener problem, although I don't buy much in canned items. Last year I bought a new one for $6.99, works okay but sounds like a huge piece of machinery screaming, scared the bejeebers out of me the first time. The can opener I had before that worked great for 15 or more years. The secret is, they can be cleaned on a regular basis. Use an old toothbrush and a bit of dish soap to clean a hand held, scrubbing the cutter edge, grooved gear and magnet, if there is one. Rinse well and let it hang so it dries with no water to rust it. The lever on top of an electric opener can be removed and cleaned the same way, just lay it down where all the water can drip out.

Yeah, I know all that. But that's the thing - the new can openers I got for myself just stopped working properly within a matter of weeks, clean or not. The one I got for Christmas? I love it, well, I love it as much as I can love an inanimate object, lol. It's fairly quiet (to me the only thing quieter would be a hand held.. and that doesn't count because there would still be the noise of me cussing because I can't turn the damned handle) and it's got parts that can be removed that do other things - like open jars and bottles. I was a bit skeptical about that until I tried opening a jar and the lid twisted right off. When you've got arthritis and have times when you just can't open a jar.. that's a miracle-worker all on it's own. (My mom gave me a jar opener contraptionthingamajiggy a long time ago but I hadn't been using it because the band - that grips the lid - is starting to wear out.) I know how much it cost and I can guarantee you I wouldn't have spent that much on a can opener, but I'm really glad "Santa" did.
Theorist
#31 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Got too lap-happy?

I wanted a bb gun but he kept waving me off with ovaltine coupons like I'm some sugar addicted orphan.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:39 AM
Got some money and we all had a family trip to Narooma for a week.
It was wonderful having a full week off work

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Page 2 of 2