Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 8:03 PM
Pescado - coffeecuphack - even I have it
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by music2ologist
When a toddler has used the potty, I sell it, and buy another one for next time. When the refrigerator runs out of food, I sell it and buy another one. I know I'm supposed to clean the potty, and order or buy more food, but I can't be bothered. When a sim wants a job, I don't make him trawl through the newspaper or computer; I stick up the job notice board, and cut through all that frustrating searching. On the university campus, the college adjuster is in constant use, so sims take their final exams at a time that suits me. I'm aware that I'm cheating, but hey - it's my game.

I don't know if you don't know it or just don't care about it, but there's a mod for the potty thing. I think it is the Toddler Potty Fixes here. Ever since I found out about it, I suddenly like to train toddlers to use the potty.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
I use the SimBlender to teleport the burglar away whenever he shows up.

Oh, that reminds me - I use the Visitor Controller to zap newspaper thieves with a lightning bolt. (Because it's such fun!)
Scholar
Original Poster
#29 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
I don't know if you don't know it or just don't care about it, but there's a mod for the potty thing. I think it is the Toddler Potty Fixes here. Ever since I found out about it, I suddenly like to train toddlers to use the potty.

Great, I didn’t know about that mod So maybe now I won’t sell the potty, I’ll just leave it for a maid

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#30 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 10:15 PM
Sorry should have given a link. Coffee Cup hack http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

I still empty potties in game because I certainly have in real life, kind of one of the hazards of being a mother. Self cleaning potty feels cheaty although I have occasionally re-bought a potty, which also feels cheaty. Even in the 7 toddler challenge I emptied potties. I simply have a mod that allows me to use a bin -I like the compost.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#31 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 11:26 PM
Cheat with potties - I try to stick to the empty potties myself, but if needed (habit from vanilla game days, I guess), I just buy new ones. The nanny cleans all of them the next day
Meet Me In My Next Life
#32 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 11:26 PM Last edited by Simonut : 26th Feb 2017 at 11:39 PM.
I think my most "Favorite Cheat of all is Aging Off only because I can not accept my Sims aging up, especially my child Sims that is my most favorite stage of life and the teen.
Shamefully that is one of the reason in all the many years I have "never "play" UNV. Oh well
And the Pets Cheats I like otherwise we have no control over those critters they will take over the Sims home.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 12:53 AM
No nannies in my game, only grandparents, friends or day care.

I tend to forget about the pet cheat even though it is there in my cheat file. Only two times I used it, first was for my Paws Pet park pictures and second was to stop a pet from starving.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#34 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 2:03 AM
I've never used the pet cheats either. The only time I did was when I made Polgannon for poses and pictures. My pets are free range - like the kids and toddlers.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#35 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 8:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Now that I have found the empty fridge I use it all the time, new fridge mean no groceries!

Is this an standalone empty fridge or a mod that renders fridges empty ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 8:32 AM
There are quite a few at PBK, but I'm not sure if the cloned Maxis empty fridges I have are from there or somewhere else. So no mod unfortunately, each fridge is stand alone.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#37 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 8:49 AM
I have the pet cheats in my cheat file. I like them to be controllable; if I want you to get out of your bed so the maid can clean it I will make you. XD Same thing as for human sims sometimes; going to chase the mailman while you're starving? I don't think so.

As for fridges I am naughty. Ugh, no food? But I'm too lazy to order groceries. Here, have a new fridge. XD
Field Researcher
#38 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 8:59 AM
I have a mod that lets the toddler use the potty when it's, uh, not empty (I hesitate to say "full"). Obviously the more it's used, the more it tanks the environment score. I hate to think how rank it smells! My sims are quite good at autonomously emptying the potty anyway, so there's that.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#39 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 9:09 AM
Potty trained toddlers can always use a full potty, it's only adults who can't train them on one.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#40 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
The one that stops them trailing up three flights of stairs, across the landing, through a guest bedroom and past the second bathroom just so they can put it down on their favourite side table in their mother's uncle's sister's bedroom*. It's by Pescado I think - or 2Jeffs.

*Yeah I have that mod too, why do you ask?
Even I have that mod too.

I like my Sims eccentric, but not quite that eccentric!

. . . .

That's useful to know about potties, Jo. (That potty trained toddlers can use them even when they haven't been emptied.) When there's more than one toddler in a house, I like to have two or more potties.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#41 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:01 AM
I put potties behind bushes in the garden too - for the toddlers with gardening parents. Because going back all the way while happily chasing butterflies (parent working in the veggies garden) seems so unnecessary.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 3:27 PM
I try to play an integrated hood, so what I consider 'cheating' might be a little different to others...

- buying things from the catalogue. Eventually I want to get to the point where my sims have to go to each others businesses to buy things like furniture and deco items, but in a newly built hood, I have to go into the catalogue to get things started and it irritates me just a little lol.

- half-building houses as just shells and then forcing the family to 'finish' it. It's easier for me because I get a standard shape that I can plop down, but each house's interior is slightly different and customized to the family that lives in it.

- Giving sims jobs that require degrees before I've built the university and community college (oops!) It drives me nuts, but as some of the townies have the university memory, I feel like it's okay to give them the additional want slots and let them start up the hood!
Page 2 of 2