Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:32 PM
Default Custom Trait using XML Tuning HELP
I have already started to make a custom trait. I started with the tuning from the base game "Loner Trait" and have even made it look like an in game trait. However, I have had a lot more issues with the buffs. I am able to change everything EXCEPT for the buff reason. I have tried looking at code from existing custom traits and a trait I made using Zerbu's Mod Constructor. And nothing has worked so far. If anyone has any insight, explanation, tips, or tricks about making custom traits with XML tuning, it would be much appreciated.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st May 2018 at 3:51 PM
I use Zerbu's Mod Constructor V3 for creating a trait, and I use Sims4Studio to make little edits that I can't do with MCv3.
S4S is also really good to look for all the strings in the game using Export Tuning option, and write the string I need in MCv3 (that is not updated yet).

Anyway it wasn't really simple at the beginning, but now I understand more about it and it looks easier. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st May 2018 at 7:59 PM
I'm curious too about how to make custom traits with XML tuning. Is there a guide or a tutorial out there that gives instructions on how to learn how to do that?